IGNORED

Phuket Plane Crash

Mavrick

Phuket PLANE CRASH

Bangkok Post

A One-To-Go Airlines passenger jet with 128 people aboard crashed and broke in two while landing at Phuket Airport in foul weather late Sunday afternoon. Rescue workers said the death toll could be high.

Anchalee Vanichthepbutr, identified by TiTV as a Phuket province official, said "more than 30" passengers were killed.

The plane of the budget airline skidded off the Runway after landing and crashed into trees, bursting into fire, she said.

"The fire was throughout the aeroplane," said Phuket Deputy Governor Worraphot Ratsrimaa. "We expect that at least 90 per cent of the passengers died."

But there was hope that many survived. TiTV showed two foreigners being carried away to local hospital.

"The plane was landing and slid off the Runway. We are rescuing people and carrying injured people to hospitals," said Pol Lt Sokchai Limcharoen, a police officer in the area in an early report.

Chaisak Angsuwan, director general of the Air Transport Authority of Thailand said the aircraft broke in two as it attempted to land at Phuket airport in bad weather.

Chaisak said that there was heavy rain when flight OG269 of parent Orient Thai Airways traveling from Bangkok's Don Muang airport to Phuket attempted to make a landing. Planes in both Orient Thai and One-Two-Go livery use the OG flight identifier.

"The visibility was poor as the pilot attempted to land. He decided to make a go-around but the plane lost balance and crashed,". he said. "The plane then fell onto the Runway and broke into two. It is expected that there will be deaths.

"The airplane asked to land but due to the weather in Phuket -strong wind and heavy rain -maybe the pilot did not see the Runway clearly," said Chaisak.

Witnesses said the airline was using its usual MD-82 twin-engine passenger jet aircraft, a model of the McDonnell-Douglas DC9. One-Two-Go owned seven such planes, which it used for frequent flights around Thailand, including six each day from Bangkok to Phuket and return.

Airport officials and rescue workers are still working to help the victims from the plane which caught fire after it crashlanded and skidded off the Runway.

Authorities said there were 123 passengers and five crew members on board when the plane crashed at about 3:35pm Sunday afternoon.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

OK, this accident is on the Thai TV news now. Some deaths are reported...

Apparently, the plane skidded off the Runway on landing and broke in 2. The rescuers are still taking people out of the plane.

im hearing 60 dead or injured (not confirmed which) 123 people on the plane. Tragic and hard to believe so many...

photo

post_20979_1189944987_thumb.jpg

Just finished speaking with my tgf she was on a one-two-go flight this morning from Phuket to bkk with my son and her mother and brother. Only just caught the news and phoned her straight away shitting myself but they are all ok and back in udon thani now. She said it has been pissing down for the last four days or so. What a tragedy! The girlfriend always moans that she thinks she is unlucky but after today I think she can never say that again considering she was also there during the tsunami and got away scot free then as well.

1OO souls lost as of 851 am. Very sad. Worst flight I ever had was on an aribus DC1O. I cant even imagine the terror. All we can do is pray for the Departed. And Pray for the survivors.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Bad news hope no one we know is involved!

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

hi guys,

just came to know about the plane carrying tourists (mostly foreign quoted in the news report) crash landing.felt very

sad.hope none of the bms were on board.

This has sent a chill down my spine. I fly tommorrow back home, but the thought that there is a high possibility that someone from here is on the plane or knows someone is pretty high.

I never realy know what to say when these things happen but if you do know someone our thoughts are with you.

hat fucking runaway is a scary fuck. Many time I have been on a plane when it landed sideways.

I have a mate that travels worldwide many tyimes reqularly and he reckons it is the scariest in the world!!

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

hat fucking runaway is a scary fuck. Many time I have been on a plane when it landed sideways.

I have a mate that travels worldwide many tyimes reqularly and he reckons it is the scariest in the world!!

Gibralta and the old Hong Kong were are scarey too.

Some details of the air crash:

Jet crash in Thailand's Phuket kills 66 By RUNGRAWEE C. PINYORAT, Associated Press Writer

9 minutes ago

BANGKOK, Thailand - A passenger plane filled with foreign tourists crashed Sunday as it tried to land in heavy rain on the island of Phuket, splitting in two as it was engulfed in flames, officials said. At least 66 people were killed.

The budget One-Two-Go Airlines was carrying 123 passengers and five crew members on a domestic flight from the Thai capital of Bangkok to Phuket, one of the country's major tourist destinations, according to the Thai television station TITV.

Survivors described their escape from the airplane's windows as fires and smoke consumed the plane.

"I saw passengers engulfed in fire as I stepped over them on way out of the plane," Parinwit Chusaeng, a survivor who suffered minor burns, told the Nation television channel. "I was afraid that the airplane was going to explode so I ran away."

Phuket's Deputy Governor Worapot Ratthaseema told The Associated Press that at least 66 bodies were laid out in the airport building.

"At least 66 people have been confirmed and 42 have been hospitalized," Worapot said, adding the remaining passengers are missing.

Worapot could not say how many of the dead were foreigners but he said among the dead were Irish, Israeli, Australian and British passengers. He said as many as 27 of the injured were foreigners.

An Irish survivor, identified as Sean, told of being badly burned on his arms, legs and back as he escaped the flames. Speaking to TITV from a local hospital, he said he knew something was wrong even before the flight landed.

"You could tell when it was landing it was in trouble," he said. "It was making a noise, this bang."

Chaisak Angsuwan, director general of the Air Transport Authority of Thailand, said weather played a part in the crash.

"The visibility was poor as the pilot attempted to land. He decided to make a go-around but the plane lost balance and crashed," he said. "It was torn into two parts."

One-Two-Go is owned by Orient Thai Airways.

The crash is the country's deadliest aviation accident since Dec. 11, 1998, when 101 people were killed after a Thai Airways crashed while trying to land in heavy rain at Surat Thani, 330 miles south of Bangkok. Forty-five people survived.

88 now dead with 44 injured nobody missing

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=121729

Also tells you who had passed away in the crash.

may they all R.I.P

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

This is fucking terrible news, hate waking up to this sort of thing, no matter where it is.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Absolutely terrible.

I agree, seems to be quite a few couples on that list. Good bless and R.I.P.

Edited by Mavrick

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Just reading through the names puts a lump in your throat !! a lot of western family's and Thai's alike have had there lives destroyed and changed in one way or another ?

SAD DAY RIP

Captain sensitive

god be with them & may they rest in peace! best wishes to the survivors!

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Really sad to read through the names, family members and couples are on the list where only one of the two have survived....

R.I.P

"Talk to Jesus"

A sad sad day for so many people. My thoughts are with the families and friends of the dead.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Update..

(Bangkokpost.com, agencies) - BPHUKET – Services at Phuket International Airport were suspended while airport workers and emergency personnel cleared the Runway of wreckage in the aftermath of the horrendous crash of a budget passenger airliner Sunday afternoon.

Meanwhile, the unofficial death toll rose to 88, with 42 persons injured, and mainly hospitalised.

At least 41 survivors, including 11 Thais, six Irish nationals, six Britons, three Australians, three Iranians, two Swedes, one German and a Dutch national were admitted to various Phuket hospitals. Both pilots are said to be among the survivors.

Before leaving Bangkok for Phuket together with many senior officials of the ministry, Thailand's Deputy Minister of Transport Sansern Wongcha-um on Sunday evening said that the airport in the southern province is expected to resume operations on Monday morning, at 6 am.

About 1,000 passengers could not travel after four flights were cancelled: three Bangkok-bound and the fourth for Hong Kong

The passenger jet operated by Thai budget carrier One-Two-Go skidded off a Runway at Phuket International Airport during a landing attempt amid heavy rain and strong crosswinds. The aircraft – identified as an MD 82 model – broke into two sections before bursting into flame in both wings and the rear section of the broken aircraft, according to acting Airports of Thailand (AoT) director Kalya Pakakrong.

The plane's passenger list included 123 persons plus seven crew members, many of whom are feared dead.

The cause of the fatal incident is now being investigated, according to Transport Minister Admiral Thira Haocharoen.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

List of passengers injured in Phuket Airport's plane crashUpdate - List of passengers injured in the plane crash at Phuket Airport treated at Siriroj Phuket Hospital and Krungthep Phuket HospitalKrungthep- Phuket Hospital- Witchuhon Singnopon, 25, Thai- John O'donnel, 50, Ireland- Paiboon Pahan, 39, Thai- Christoph Falchetm, 36, Germany- Marcel Squincbal, 37, Austria- Benjamin Zachary Gree, 24, UK- Peter JamesHill, 35, UK- Claus Benjamin Voigt, 24, Germany - Clemens Rothmann, 27, Germany- Ashley Scott Harrow, 27, UK- Claudia Rothmann, 25, Germany- Maryau Mirtaheri, 34, Iran- Claus Benjamin, 24, Netherlands- Redz, 30, UK- Hashem Parviz, 40, Iran- Hasham Madia, Iran- Movahed Abbas Kiyani, 37, Italy- Christopher Edward Cooley, 23, UK- Miss Red, 22, Thai- Porawit Mahasap, 41, Thai- William Burke, 23, UK- Red, UK - Vladimir, 29, Ireland - Isabella Freylikhman, 27, Ireland- Chaolert Jitjamnong, 48, Thai- Chatree Suksawat, 48, Thai- Chawit Jitjamnong, 11- Robert Borlane, 28, Austria- Mldred Anne Furlong 30- Menrdhu Kiyan- Mahsa FatoorechiVajira Phuket Hospital- Savitri Denny, 35- Boerkamp, 29 - NetherlandsSiriroj - Phuket Hospital - ICU 1. Likhit Liengpansakul - ICU 2. Parinwit Choosaeng - ICU 3. Chainarong maharae - ICU 4. Apichart Pata 5. Eric Nihlen (Sweden) 6. Christopher Marken (Sweden) 7. Nong Kaonual 8. Ladda Kaonual 9. Pratin Lienchamroon 10. Sara (unknown surname) (Netherland) * Foreign names's correct spellings need to be updated. Latest from the BBC Dozens killed in Thai plane crash One-Two-Go Flight OG 269 was landing from Bangkok At least 61 people have been killed in a plane crash at the Thai resort of Phuket, officials say. The plane was carrying 123 passengers - a number of them foreigners - and several crew. It crashed as it was trying to land in stormy weather. The exact number of casualties is not clear as dozens of people are still missing - but survivors are reported. Flight OG 269, operated by budget airline One-Two-Go, was landing after a journey from the capital, Bangkok. Phuket's governor said 61 people had been confirmed dead and another 40 were unaccounted for, after the plane skidded off the Runway in strong winds and driving rain on Sunday. About half the passengers are said to be foreigners. Rescue operations are under way at the airport and doctors are being flown to Phuket to treat the injured. Rescuers said the plane caught fire after crashing. Civil aviation official Chiasak Angkauwan said: "The airplane asked to land but due to the weather in Phuket - strong wind and heavy rain - maybe the pilot did not see the Runway clearly. "The plane then fell onto the Runway and broke into two." One-Two-Go is owned by Orient Thai Airways..SO SAD......