Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sportsman/Women you most admire

papa_soda

Whos the sportsman/women you have most admired even if they have been crap at wot they where trying to do?

My vote goes to one of my childhood heros Marvin Hagler.

I used to love everything about the guy.

The way he dressed, his interviews & his courage.

His fight agains John Mugabi & Thomas Hearns were just awsome.

& boy could he fight..

Edited by Kenshi

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Can't remember the guys name, but he was a Japanese gymnast in the 1976 Olympics. He broke his leg during the overall competition, but didn't tell anyone because he knew his team needed him if they were going to win the Gold. As I recall he finished the horse and the rings with that broken leg and made a very hard dismount off the rings despite the break. Japan got the Gold.

It has to be Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards...Totally out of his depth...very little training facilities....in a VERY frightening sport.....and most importantly only putting his OWN life in danger..

Whos the sportsman/women you have most admired even if they have been crap at wot they where trying to do?

My vote goes to one of my childhood heros Marvin Hagler.

I used to love everything about the guy.

The way he dressed, his interviews & his courage.

His fight agains John Mugabi & Thomas Hearns were just awsome.

& boy could he fight..

Tugh to pick just one. Three that immediately spring to mind are:

Steve Redgrave

Martin Johnson

Lance Armstrong

Mohammad

Mohammad Ali

Floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee.

He never shirked a fight and gave even bums a shot at his title, it's a pitty the great man suffers from Parkinsons Disease.

Very controversially.......... :P

Steve Mcmanaman!

He got nothing but stick from the English fans and press throughout his England career, being picked out of position in favour of Darren Anderton (What ever was that about???!!!) and over looked from the squad in 1998 behind Paul Merson (see previous comment in brackets!) but still made someting of himself.

He became the first Englishman to captain Real Madrid, winning all the Spanish trophies and 2 European cup finals. In the first of the two he played alongside Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul and Carlos in their pomp (the best footie team i've seen in my lifetime) and was man of the match!

I grew up a Liverpool fan by the way!

Very controversially.......... :P

Steve Mcmanaman!

He got nothing but stick from the English fans and press throughout his England career, being picked out of position in favour of Darren Anderton (What ever was that about???!!!) and over looked from the squad in 1998 behind Paul Merson (see previous comment in brackets!) but still made someting of himself.

He became the first Englishman to captain Real Madrid, winning all the Spanish trophies and 2 European cup finals. In the first of the two he played alongside Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul and Carlos in their pomp (the best footie team i've seen in my lifetime) and was man of the match!

I grew up a Liverpool fan by the way!

A good player in his day but greatest ever sportsman?? I am afraid I could no way put him anywhere near Ali, Redgrave, Pele, Armstrong etc

But I suppose sport is all about opinions.

A good player in his day but greatest ever sportsman?? I am afraid I could no way put him anywhere near Ali, Redgrave, Pele, Armstrong etc

But I suppose sport is all about opinions.

I'm DEFINATELY NOT saying he was the best ever sportsman; i thought the topic was "sportsmen you admire most"?

I used to think Maradonna was the greatest ever footballer until i saw some clips of Pele on you tube! Considering he played in a time when a lot of matches weren't recorded for television I was amazed at how many great goals of his there were to see.............! :Goal1:

Steve Mcmanaman is the third best footballer ever! :Save1:

Steve Mcmanaman is the third best footballer ever! :Save1:

Get a grip.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

It has to be Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards...Totally out of his depth...very little training facilities....in a VERY frightening sport.....and most importantly only putting his OWN life in danger..
I don't mean this as a flame but i found him a total embarrassment and he should not have been there. the olympics for me are for athletes at the top of thier game. he did it to make money which he got then lost.
Second vote for Lance Armstrong - cancer survivor and 7-time winner of what is arguably one of the toughest sporting events.
Butg he's a junkie

I hate watching races where one guy will stay near the back for much of the race and then rely on a sprint finish to win. I much prefer watching athletes who are prepared to be front runners, such as Paula Radcliffe.

In the golfing world, I was always a great fan of Gary Player, who has won many tournaments all over the world.

Alan

My vote goes to John Daly, golfer. The guy was just one of us, liked his beer, women, brawls.......more than his golf. But could have been one of the greatest, especially with his long drives.