IGNORED

Villa Market, When ?

pattaya pete

hi

anyone know if Villa Market is open in Pattaya second road.

pete

hi

anyone know if Villa Market is open in Pattaya second road.

pete

Don't think so asked a few mates and went past the building site on secon last Sunday. Cinema is open, Golden Arches open but did not see Villa. I was on my mission for Colmans Mustard ready made in the jar.SAD?.......Yeah

Went to the Cinema earlier today, not to many people there, I spent most of my time chasing after my son that watching the films, but a good laugh, and a very nice attendent looking after the screen, dam I should have got her number, what's this in my pocket :GiveBeer1::GiveBeer1:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

• 3 weeks later...
Any update on this new place ? The have a website btw www.villamarket.com

I posted this on another board - so here you go. Villa Market, for the most part, is extremely expensive. I would only shop for those must-have falang products that you have been dying to get in LOS It's a great market, if you have lots of spare cash.

Villa Market opened up on 28 September 2007 along with the Promenade. The market is by far the best in Pattaya. If you have been in a Trader Joe’s or Whole Food Market in the states, it is of that caliber. The market is open 24/7 and is well-staffed.

Along with being a great supermarket, it is very expensive. We are talking to the level of American/European prices for groceries, and, often more, if it is perishable or usually unavailable in LOS. Personally, I would only shop for those falang products that you absolutely want at this market.

In other words, if you want Kraft Mac & Cheese, or real Jell-O, and are willing to pay the same prices, and sometimes more, as back home, go for it. (For me, I had been craving real sugar-free Jell-O, as the Thai packaged gelatin desert sucks, and the sugar-free stuff is absolutely perfect diet food, i.e. filling, very few calories). The package of Jell-O was 70 baht, about twice the average retail price as in the U.S.

The deli/meat counter and bakery are great. My TG loves chicken chili bologna, and Villa has the best. Also, the produce section is spectacular. Again, you are paying falang prices, and more, for falang products, but everything is there and looks wonderful. I brought home a box of strawberries and my TG said they were far better than the strawberries from Friendship and Foodland (also about 170 baht – jaw dropping price, or 50 baht per box, more than those two stores – at 120 baht, they are comparable to offseason U.S. strawberry prices).

162241-5485.jpg

162241-5486.jpg

the bakery at the front of the market is very inviting

162241-5487.jpg

you will be both impressed and stunned by the quantity and quality of the produce department

162241-5488.jpg

corn, any way you want it

162241-5489.jpg

the sushi counter (Topps is better)

162241-5490.jpg

the wonderful deli counter (I sampled some great kielbasa)

162241-5491.jpg

162241-5492.jpg

the butcher’s department

162241-5493.jpg

162241-5494.jpg

the seafood department (not real impressive)

162241-5495.jpg

the wine and freezer sections

162241-5496.jpg

and, as a caffeine addict, the most important thing to me, real half ‘n half (Foodland carries it, but only has it in stock about 1/2 the time I go to Foodland – like Foodland, Villa also sells Aroma brand coffee, which I find quite good).

162241-5497.jpg

Along with the opening of Villa Market, an arcade of neighboring stores opened. Here is a directory of the Promenade:

162241-5498.jpg

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Cheers for the update, half this place was not open when I went in Sept, just the Cinema

Building A House In The Village

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK