• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy

• onourway

• papa_soda

• Shanks

well personally i love the smell and i love to eat it.. i cant understand why people dont like it.. the smell and the taste is very sweet... but then i was raised with it.. lol.. i think all of the thai people love the smell to...

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

I hate the stuff and the smell makes my stomach turn!

What makes it worse is the price of it over in England, what would cost you about 50 baht over there costs about 15 quid over here!

Do like a bit of Durian, but not too much can make your head spin around & around :I_Win:

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

I like it, its nice.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

first trip to thailand in 98 for work....the wife of the office manager was insistent that I try durian...I tried to be polite, but it was, and still is, horrible!

Hate the stuff, my first serious Thai girl was two months pregnant to me, when she ate some durian, very next morning she was rushed to Bangkok International hospital Soi 4,, where she at to under go an operation to remove the child ?

Many Thai people told me after it was the durian what did this, but i suppose ill never know ? anyway stuff stinks of shit

Captain Durian Hater

I can handle the taste but not the smell.

After the taste comes Durian burps which taste like the smell. Foul!!

Lastly come Durain farts. These are probably the most vile, horendous stench that my shitter has ever unleashed on unsuspecting people.. I'm normally okay with the smell of my own wolf bait but these gave me the boke.

NEVER AGAIN.

Testicles

Love the stuff, but it only ever seems to be offered to me when I'm on the piss. As any local will tell you, durian and alcohol do not mix! Absolutely scarf it down if I'm not drinking.

If you think Thai Durian is strong you have to go to Malaysia ...they have laws about cutting them indoors. You can smell them from several meters. I do like the taste but can't handle the 6+ hours of reliving it, over and over.

A Malaysian once told me that its like eating ice cream from a toilet bowl. I thought that was about right.

What the hell is it? What are the ingredients?

Its a large fruit..

wikipedia = The durian (IPA: [d̪uˈɾi.ɑn]) is the fruit of trees of the genus Durio belonging to the Malvaceae, a large family which includes hibiscus, okra, cotton, mallows and linden trees. Widely known and revered in Southeast Asia as the "King of Fruits,"[1] the fruit is distinctive for its large size, unique odour, and a formidable thorn-covered husk. Its name comes from the Malay word duri (thorn) together with Malay suffix that is -an (for building a noun in Malay), meaning "thorny fruit."[2][3]

There are 30 recognised Durio species, all native to Southeast Asia and at least nine of which produce edible fruit.[4] Durio zibethinus is the only species available in the international market; other species are sold in their local region.

The fruit can grow up to 30 centimetres (12 in) long and 15 centimetres (6 in) in diameter,[5][6] and typically weighs one to three kilograms (2 to 7 lb).[5] Its shape ranges from oblong to round, the colour of its husk green to brown and its flesh pale-yellow to red, depending on species.[5] The hard outer husk is covered with sharp, prickly thorns, while the edible custard-like flesh within emits the strong, distinctive odour, which is regarded as either fragrant or overpowering and offensive. The taste of the flesh has been described as nutty and sweet.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

i eat frogs and bugs and suck the brains out of prawns no problem when im in Pattaya but theres no way im eating something thats smells of shite!

and yes,i have tried it. :D eatin Durian dont!

LOL, I don't eat shit and I don't eat shit that smells like Shit!

My Malay GF says that it will mess you up because of it's sweetness and high caloric content.

I still have no idea as 1 asip was more than enough. However, I have seen it in asian markets here in the US and it is large with sharp barbs from the outer skin. Inner flesh is golden in color and looks enticing until your nose gets a whiff!! LOL

Suck a turd mongers!!

If you think Thai Durian is strong you have to go to Malaysia ...they have laws about cutting them indoors. You can smell them from several meters. I do like the taste but can't handle the 6+ hours of reliving it, over and over.

A Malaysian once told me that its like eating ice cream from a toilet bowl. I thought that was about right.

That about sums it up for me, My dog ate a bunch one day, That night he started to fart, Never in my life have I smelled anything that bad.

Durian is not alould in my house :wub:

THIS IS MY FIRST POLL ,I EAT DURIAN BUT DONT LIKE THE SMELL

PETE

Try soursop(?) it tastes like Durian without the smell!

Very popular in Singapore where its is called Ang Mo Durian, meaning Farang Durian, i think it's mostly grown in Malaysia, not sure if imported into Thailand.

Maybe our resident East Malaysia expert knows, have u tried it Scummie? :unsure:

I brought a Durian seed back to the Uk (naughty i know) to see if i could grow a tree. It sprouted some really good roots but eventually died. I'd imagine they are nearly impossible to grow outside South East Asia.

I love them, the smell doesn't bother me and i think they taste like Banana/pineapple custard. I heard they were an aphrodisiac, although they usually just make me feel bloated.

Edited by Yorkshirelad

Try soursop(?) it tastes like Durian without the smell!

Very popular in Singapore where its is called Ang Mo Durian, meaning Farang Durian, i think it's mostly grown in Malaysia, not sure if imported into Thailand.

Maybe our resident East Malaysia expert knows, have u tried it Scummie? :unsure:

Do you think a Durian tates like a cheese and onion slice out the bakers or is it just me??

In resteraunts in London it can be £50 for one.

Do you think a Durian tates like a cheese and onion slice out the bakers or is it just me??

In resteraunts in London it can be £50 for one.

I really don't like them, had a few over the years in Bangkok but, since living in Singapore, when it's Durian season there are places on the Island which fucking reek to high heaven with that stench which reminds me of rotting veggies, i haven't eaten one in 2-3 years and i wouldn't rush to try it again... I do like a soursop drink at the food court with my pad thai once in a while