IGNORED

Imergration at BKK Airport

pattayaoct

First time to Pattaya, do Imergration give you a hard time when going through.

Anyone had good or bad experience they would like to share?

I never had problem. You have to be ready for stand in line (my average time about 40 minute). When you will have all documents (arrival card, passport) legit it is o.k..

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

No hassle if you bring no more than 200 cigs and one litre of whisky.... Have a good trip

The compulsory spelling test can be a bit of a bitch, so I've heard.

5555, good one

First time to Pattaya, do Immigration give you a hard time when going through.

Why would you expect any problems from Immigration? as long as you have a return ticket or a visa everything will be fine, just don't try to do anything illegal, or bring in anything you should not, you do not want to see the inside of a Thai jail.

Your more likely to get hassled more on your return home

LOL

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Last year when I was ariving at 14:00 I wait for about 30 minutes.

And at departure at 10.00 about 20 minutes.

No plomplems. Remember there is a second immigration straight down the hall if the first one is choc full of people.....

No plomplems. Remember there is a second immigration straight down the hall if the first one is choc full of people.....

:Agree: Always goes there, Very few people in the Queue compared to the first one,

:Agree: Always goes there, Very few people in the Queue compared to the first one,

jocky, how many arrival halls are there? last time i went past the first one , as it appeared full and went to a second, smaller one a little further up.i was in a queue with about 50 others . there was only two immigration desks and everyone there had an a4 sheet +passport . i eventually left it and went back to the first arrivals hall. BTW these arrival halls were on my left hand side as i approached them .

are there three arrival halls? or more?

do you know what the fuck was going on with the a4 sheets??

BTW it was last february!

Make sure you have a pen in your hand luggage so you can complete the arrival card, all you have to put on the card is name, DOB, passport number, flight number and address of your first hotel, then some other information on the other side, easy to do. Do this on the plane so you can get through immigration quicker, they are now starting to check if people have completed the arrivals card before allowing you to go forward to the desks, if not you are sent back to fill out the form.

I arrived at BKK on 12th April and there were a lot of people standing filling out there cards on the ramp up to immigration because they had been turned back. I arrived at 9.30am and walked straight up to a desk and had my stamp, through in about 3 minutes. Had a side trip to Singapore so when I got back to BKK had to go back through immigration, again lots of people on the ramp but I was straight through to the desk again.

Going out to Singapore and back to the UK I had the departure card filled out so was through in minutes again. The problems they had before April seem to have been sorted, in 5 years of coming to Thailand on 2 trips a year I've never got through immigration so quickly, long may it continue, but TIT so when I come back in September who knows what it will be like.

Make sure you have a pen in your hand luggage so you can complete the arrival card, all you have to put on the card is name, DOB, passport number, flight number and address of your first hotel, then some other information on the other side, easy to do. Do this on the plane so you can get through immigration quicker, they are now starting to check if people have completed the arrivals card before allowing you to go forward to the desks, if not you are sent back to fill out the form.

I arrived at BKK on 12th April and there were a lot of people standing filling out there cards on the ramp up to immigration because they had been turned back. I arrived at 9.30am and walked straight up to a desk and had my stamp, through in about 3 minutes. Had a side trip to Singapore so when I got back to BKK had to go back through immigration, again lots of people on the ramp but I was straight through to the desk again.

Going out to Singapore and back to the UK I had the departure card filled out so was through in minutes again. The problems they had before April seem to have been sorted, in 5 years of coming to Thailand on 2 trips a year I've never got through immigration so quickly, long may it continue, but TIT so when I come back in September who knows what it will be like.

Great advice, thank you

Last trip they did not hamd them out in the plane and only in the terminal we got the cards

• 5 weeks later...

My first trip, I didn't get a card. They did hand them out on the plane but I never got one (still don't know why) and had no idea what they were. Of course I got sent to the back of the queue and had to go and find a card :-(

Lesson learned.

Arrived 21st June at 6.30am...cleared immigration at 7.50am...Missed bell bus to Pattaya....now its one long line and wait to be sent to desk, no rushing for the smallest queue anymore.About 8-10 immigration officers working at peak time in the morning.Number 2 immigration was full of some sort of indian document checks, got sent back to immigration 1....Just a joke IMHO...