IGNORED

Los Angeles bans plastic bags

News Bandit

Los Angeles - Los Angeles became the largest city in the US to ban plastic bags after the city council voted 13-1 Wednesday to banish them from supermarkets and thousands of smaller stores, the Los Angeles Times reported.

View the full article

Ban on plastic bags eh ,

Does that mean all the women have to hand back their silicon boobs ?

Mikeyboy

Wah, in May 2012, Toronto decided to ditch the charge of 5 Cents, after 2 years in progress of the program

and go back to no charge.

During that time, City saved nothing, charged custemers extra and no other benefit of it.

Another politicos wasting milions of taxpayers money "green" project it was.

Not sure what this has to do with Thailand news ...

But we get charged 10p in Jersey , most people reuse bags now

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

It is hard to imagine something similar in Thailand. Personal staff from shop 7/11 gave me every time xxx plastic bags and not speaking of straws. :GoldenSmile1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

thailand banning plastic bags how would we eat, bags and elastic bands at every meal, never have understood why they try to give you a plastic bag with a purchase of 1 drink.but i love not understanding,,

Not sure what this has to do with Thailand news ...

But we get charged 10p in Jersey , most people reuse bags now

I dont know. but i always wonder why when i go to 7-11 in patts , no matter what i get they try to put in in a shopping bag even if it's the soda,or water iam about to drink. and if they dont place it in there plastic bag they hand you a straw in a shopping bag.

I got a hot coffee a Family Mart and they put it in a plasic bag with a straw.

Many times I tell the cashier no bag, I hate being wasteful. I reuse plastic bags as trash bags. To ban them would be ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

sure plastic bags are a bit of a problem but i think its been way overexagerated, there great as a a rubbish bins, they must have changed there materials since the original debate was started because they fall apart after a few days in the sun!!!

mroy - not over exaggerated at all! I've been scuba diving in the general Pattaya area for five years and the growing garbage problem has reached critical mass. You rarely see turtles any more, because they eat the bags, thinking they are jelly fish, and it blocks their intestines to death. The beach cleanups done by various dive shops show a frightening amount of garbage, plastic bags being one of the most prevalent objects. We really need to rethink our overall use of plastic: re-use as often as possible, recycle when done, use alternatives whenever given a choice.