IGNORED

Difference Guesthouse - Hotel (China Garden vs April Suites)

Rub1nho

I'm not the most travelled guy in the world so I'm asking you guys: is there any notable difference between a guesthouse and a hotel?

I've narrowed down my options down to either April Suites or China Garden. China is quite a bit cheaper and the rooms look very nice but is the service the same in guesthouses?

Do they clean your room, is there a (night) receptionist, do they hold your BF's ID's,...

If the service is the same I'll go China Garden for sure. Very nice rooms at half the price of April Suites!

I never stay in China garden or April Suites. End of the June I will be in Pattaya and I talked with china garden hotel for staying jacuzzi room. But there is not any empty room in my date (My date between 27 June to 7 april). I hope you can find room.

I'm not the most travelled guy in the world so I'm asking you guys: is there any notable difference between a guesthouse and a hotel?

I've narrowed down my options down to either April Suites or China Garden. China is quite a bit cheaper and the rooms look very nice but is the service the same in guesthouses?

Do they clean your room, is there a (night) receptionist, do they hold your BF's ID's,...

If the service is the same I'll go China Garden for sure. Very nice rooms at half the price of April Suites!

I stayed at China Garden last year in May/June and am due back in October/November this year.

To all your questions regarding the service then the answer is yes to all of them, you will not be

disappointed staying at the China Garden much cheaper than April Suites.

But you will need to book your room ASAP as the China Garden gets very busy.

hotel has swimming pool and loom service. If you're ok without these then a guesthouse is a good alternative. And maybe a condo if you do your own bedding laundry.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I haven't yet seen the April Suites pool in two trips to Pattaya and never used room service so China Garden it is. Thanks for the info.

have stayed in both and will be doing so again in november. april has a swimming pool and gym so i'll spend most of my time there (the gym in August Suites is better and you can use that). missed out on jacuzzi room in china g this time but 800 for a deluxe room is pretty good.

That's exactly what I booked. Also missed out on the Jacuzzi but Deluxe looks great too. 800 baht/night is a steal compared to 1600 minimum at April...

You might want 2 check the reviews of April Suites on Trip Advisor (none yet 4 China Garden). Apparently, "amorous activities" from your neighbours are clearly heard due 2 poor sound proofing. Don't let this dissuade u however from staying there, as it seems 2 be a very nice hotel, what with a pool, a gym & in close proximity 2 the infamous Soi 6, Sapphire Lodge, & good eateries like the Queen Vic & Greg's Kitchen with a short baht ride 2 LK Metro + Walking St. Just depends on what ur looking 4: location or night action close 2 ur hotel. Just muzzle ur BG & you'll be just fine or simply ensure she's not a screamer!! I'm sure u won't be disappointed with either. ENJOY!!!