IGNORED

car kolor projects

carkolor

Hello all,

Yes, it's not much to look at now. But check out our website, and view the transformation, week by week.

From this to a beautiful show standard truck.

While you are on our site, plus check out our already finished projects section.

www.carkolor.com

Classic Car restoration experts in Sattahip. The people with a genuine love for classics.

d200_3.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. I'll be watching this with interest.

Will you be posting updates and pictures here?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Excellent. I'll be watching this with interest.

Will you be posting updates and pictures here?

I can do, if that's OK? There will be lots of pictures. Current progress is already shown on the web site. Plus lots of other projects which can be seen, start to finish.

I will stress that our work is not body filler and a blow over. All projects are stripped back to bare clean steel. Any bad panels are replaced, all hand made by our skilled workers. The paint job itself is a meticulous procedure, and of course the secret to the finish is all in the many hours spent in preperation. Next comes the assembly stage, where new trim parts, rubber seals etc are fitted as required. Here is another pic as the vehicle arrived. I will keep adding pictures. Meanwhile anyone can check out wwwcarkolor.com for the full story so far.

d200_2.jpg

More on the progress, old rusty pick up bed floor removed, and new one fitted.

dcc-rusty-floor.jpg

d200_5.jpg

I see you do powder coating, what would be the rough cost for a set of 17"rims and 4 brake calibers?

Are you able to do chrome paint coatings?

I see you do powder coating, what would be the rough cost for a set of 17"rims and 4 brake calibers?

Are you able to do chrome paint coatings?

Sorry, we don't do powder coating or the chrome paint. But maybe I can help, please PM me.

I'm enjoying this.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

We have grafted in Isuzu wishbones with torsion bars for springs. This carefully thought out conversion enables discs and callipers to be fitted, enabling power steering and does away with the old front axle and leaf spring set up. This not only provides a modern ride and braking, but makes more room in the engine bay enabling us to fit a Nissan 4.5 Litre engine.

leaf-to-wish-2.jpg

leaf-spring-to-wishbone.jpg

d200_8.jpg

This is great. I plan on getting my car re done when i move to thailand. Monster garage of thailand, killer thread

This is great. I plan on getting my car re done when i move to thailand. Monster garage of thailand, killer thread

Glad you like it. What car do you have?

Meanwhile, more updates,

Engine mounts being manufactured for the Nissan V8

d200_11.jpg

d200_10.jpg

Check out: www.carkolor.com

Here we are with the cab floor now finished. Nothing bought in, all handmade in our workshops. Thank you to all for taking a keen interest.

d200_16.jpg

Oh I love this kind of stuff. A car is born, Wheeler Dealers, American chopper.

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I will pop down tomorrow, I wonder if you can do a small job on my bonnet.

When we came to refit the doors the gaps to the roof were uneven.

As there was some corrosion in the gutter area we removed the outside skin in the worst areas. It became apparent that the whole hidden middle skin had rotted away and weakened the roof, as you can see in the pics we have replaced all three skins IE inner outer and middle. Very time consuming as if we had done all in one step there would be no hope of roof to door alignment being correct.

d200_17.jpg

d200_18.jpg

d200_19.jpg

d200_20.jpg

d200_21.jpg

d200_22.jpg

Do you make the panels yourself from sheet metal? The replacement cab floor looked like pressed panels?

RULES

1NQq.gif

Yes, all hand made in our workshops, you are very welcome to come and check.

I have been to this business to have a look and its a great place with some very professional people running it. I would recommend this place for the standard of work they do.

If you want any restoration, kit car or a whole new car/prototype for a big car company, they can do it.

I'll be on the look out for a Capri in a couple of years time, or maybe a 911?

RULES

1NQq.gif

I'll be on the look out for a Capri in a couple of years time, or maybe a 911?

I have seen some Porsche on beach road & they enhance the BR.

Just love those wheels!!!!

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

Here is a banner. Anyone who wants to trade links, thank you.

banner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived