Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

exchange rates

shark

• 2 weeks later...

The rate is slowly getting better for the first time in a while, a couple of days ago it was nearly 68BHT for £1.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Just got back I was getting 68.8 baht to the £ most days with my Nationwide card, some bank cards might give you a little less

Cheers

JT

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Check out this thread: Currency Exchange Rates

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Sadly there is nothing much you can do about the exchange rate, you just have to live with it and try to find places that give the best deal.

Whatever you do, dont change money at Heathrow, or any other UK airport for that matter (maybe the same in other countries but I dont know) you will loose about 10Bht in the pound and that adds up.

The cash change places always seem to be open in BKK airport whatever timer you get there, they dont offer the best rate but are handy for taxi fares or cash for the first night if you arrive late.

If you are worried about getting into BKK late and the money places being shut then only change a small amount in Uk, say $50 but use somewhere like Thomas Cook, Ill say it again, avoid any uk airport money changers.

There is a travel agent oppersit Champagne aGoGo on soi LK Metro who does a better rate than the Cash places around, only a bhat or two in the pound but again at all adds up.

There are ATMs all over the place but you need to watch out for your banks exchange rate plus some charge commision and a charge for using the machine, I had to pay about £10 in charges and Commision to draw 20000 Bht out. That was with Barclays but Im told that Nationwide do a good rate and dont charge commision.

Cheers Mick