IGNORED

Residence garden impression

sinaynay

Hello everybody

I can't find very much information about the RG.

How is the 2 bedroom suite?

Is the location good?

Is there a joiner fee for taking 2 girls to a 2 bedroom suite.

Is there a gym close to the hotel?

How much is it with taxi to Soi6?

All the information about the hotel and location is welcome.

It's my first time to thailand. So i want to make sure, that i choose the right hotel.

Any help very appreciated

I also stay at Res Garden. Huge rooms for very good price. I like it because its easy to go to Jomtien Beach in daytime and Walking Street night time. Two nice pools.

Soi 6 is 10 minutes by baht bus for 10 baht. or if in a hurry take a motocy taxi for 60 baht - handy if the traffic is jam packed...

see reviews on Trip Advisor.....

I have seen pattayapages.com the 1 bedroom rate is much cheaper.

2 bedroom suites are cheaper if you book on the hotel website.

Do you swim in Jomtien Beach, i was reading somewhere that it's not smart to do.

Is there a gym close to RD?

I love this hotel, for one of the best in Pattaya regarding the price, the location, the rooms and the service.

I staid 6 times and never disapointed.

Have stayed at the RG during all my trips and have to agree with the other posters, it is a great place to stay.

I have stayed in both the 1 room and 2 room suite and the only difference I saw was that the 2 room suite had an extra bedroom. I never used it so didnt really see the point in it.

i thought the location was great, far enough away from the action that it is quiet when i want to sleep and quiet when sitting out by the pool. Yet it is still close enough that i can be on WS in a few minutes by baht bus. They run by the RG constantly and from the hotel to the Big C and everywhere inbetween including Soi 6 is 10 baht.

There is a family mart right across the street that has an ATM. There is laundry service and massage places across the street as well.

Not sure about a gym, the only one i even know about in Pattaya is Tony's.

I have had a few nights with 2 girls and never been charged with a joiner fee.

I have seen pattayapages.com the 1 bedroom rate is much cheaper.

2 bedroom suites are cheaper if you book on the hotel website.

Do you swim in Jomtien Beach, i was reading somewhere that it's not smart to do.

Is there a gym close to RD?

Email the hotel and quote the FLB webpage you will get that rate, so ask them how much for a two bedroom room, can't help you about the gym, not noticed one in the area, but Tony's is not far away on third road, B30 on a M/C taxi

Have stayed at the RG during all my trips and have to agree with the other posters, it is a great place to stay.

I have stayed in both the 1 room and 2 room suite and the only difference I saw was that the 2 room suite had an extra bedroom. I never used it so didnt really see the point in it.

i thought the location was great, far enough away from the action that it is quiet when i want to sleep and quiet when sitting out by the pool. Yet it is still close enough that i can be on WS in a few minutes by baht bus. They run by the RG constantly and from the hotel to the Big C and everywhere inbetween including Soi 6 is 10 baht.

There is a family mart right across the street that has an ATM. There is laundry service and massage places across the street as well.

Not sure about a gym, the only one i even know about in Pattaya is Tony's.

I have had a few nights with 2 girls and never been charged with a joiner fee.

Don't ever use an ATM,in the street in Pattaya.Go inside bank.

RG is a nice place for first time visit; I stayed there long ago when I was new to Pattaya. Like many others, found the place via the FLB website. (if you haven't been to it, take a look.. owner Martin is nice guy and helpful.. lots of youtube videos) RG rooms clean, kitchen type if you want.. but doubt you will cook, just need place to keep beer cold. It is relatively quite.. and you probably will meet other mongers staying there.

You won't use taxi to get around the beach areas and Walking Street. You will use a pick up truck with cap and benches on the back. Cost is 10Baht (coin) per ride. "cheap!" Do a google search for "Pattaua blue baht bus route" ... you should find links to many maps. The Cityexpats website pdf is good map for overview. There are many others.

Since you mention Soi 6, you must have been doing research already. Keep reading, it will help. About ATM, my advice is bring some traveler cheque and negotiate at bank. (better banks are Bangkok Bank, K Bank, Siam Bank... IMHO) Now you can get better rates some places, but these are safe places to go.

But if you want to use ATM only, I do agree with comment, don't use street side ATM.. not until you get feel of area and what being in third world place is like. if you haven't been to Asia... look down for what you will trip over, look up for low hanging wires or awnings, and look to sides .. both... for motorbikes, cars, buses ... no one follows rules.. sidewalks make geat roads for motorbikes.

About Thai bar girls.. they don't like to walk. You need to have hotel close to baht bus route. One other poster commented that if you plan to bring 6 girl back you, better to just get hotel nearby. In part I agree.. but if you looking for long time might not be good idea. Actually along Soi 6 many places have shortime room upstairs.. enjoy your nut and then move along if that is your thing. if you find girl you click with shorttime, then opt her for long time next day, etc.

This is a buyers market... so a few others points... don't overpay! You make it harder for everyone else. Walk away, better deal always around corner. Skip the overpriced stunners.... looks good, tastes not so good when she leave.

:Think1: And for pitty sake, DO NOT FALL IN LOVE... remember old adage, "you can take girl from bar, but you can not take bar from girl!" Good luck and happy hunting

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius

PS. Here is link to a great primer on getting around in Pattaya...although the site is outdated the concepts still apply.

http://www.pattayasecrets.com/pattaya/travelling_around_pattaya.php

You also might want to post when you are arriving. Might just connect up with someone and share ride from airport.

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius