IGNORED

Best medicine for sleep from pharmacy at pattaya

mikkol76

I have usually buy valium from pharmacy (use for sleeping)

Today i test first time Alprazomam

I think you can get good sleep with both of these

But when i take valium i usually very tired when i wake up

In my home coyntry i usually use zopiclone for sleeping

But i have not found zopiclone at prarmacys in pattaya

So what is your favourite medisine for sleep when you mongering at pattaya

I understand many of you fellow mongers dont use sleeping medicines

I did open this topic to have a conversation about sleeping medicines

Neither Valium (diazepam) nor Xanax (Alprazolam) are hypnotics (e.g. sleeping medicine) . They are more for nervous/panic disorders with Xanax more common and a far shorter 1/2 life.

If you want a benzodiazepine for sleeping you have to take a hypnotic such as triazolam (Halcion 0.25 mg) or Temazepam (Restoril 20mg). The most suitable choice is Halcion with a 2 hour 1/2 life vs. the other which can be almost 24 hours.

Zopiclone (Z-drug) is not a benzo - it helps you fall asleep vs. keeping you asleep.

Note taking benzos for Insomnia for a long time is a pretty stupid thing to do without medical guidance. They are habit forming. If you cannot sleep see a doctor vs. self prescribing, and in your case self prescribing something that is not even for that purpose and with a hangover as you've discovered.

Temazepam at low doses is better than Xanax for sleeping. 10mg is enough for me. More commonly known as Restoril in Thailand. Be careful with both of these types of meds, especially if drinking. They can also be habit forming.

I still prefer Zopiclone (Immovane) as it has less side effects. There is also Zolpidem (Stilnox) although if you Google this you will find some real horror stories. It worked for me but left me drowsy. You're right, both of these seem difficult to find in Thailand.

Again, be careful using these types of meds. I work a rotating roster including shift work so have taken and continue to occasionally take all of the above mentioned meds...but only 1 or 2 times a month and always without alcohol.

I know very well it is not wise to use bentsos for longtime

I only take them sometimes when i need to go sleep early

I prefer zopiclone too,because it is not bentsodiazepine,

has same kind of effects and help sleep very good

Only problem for me is that i have find it hard to find zopiclone at pharmacys pattaya

When i go some pharmacy and ask medicine for sleep

they mostly have valium or alprazolam

I sent my girlfriend one time to the pharmacy to get me something to help me sleep and she brought back Atarax Hydroxyzine Dihydrochloride which is a tranquillizer with antihistamine action according to the box. I took one and it knocked me out pretty good but supposedly you are supposed to take two. I might try alprazolam since I think I have anxiety as well.

Dont need sleeping tabs if your getting pissed,partying hard and rootin all day n night ! :GoldenSmile1:

yes valium not a good idea for a sleeping pill...

Just be aware the Government has raised the illegal level of some of these tablets recently to very high, its stuff like this they are looking for in police road checks. Actifed is now a banned drug in Thailand, which can help you sleep in the short term

Also Xanax is very addictive (I know) makes you libel to mood swings and is extremely hard to get off them and get a good nights sleep, use with caution, like only for flights

Best thing for a good nights sleep in pattaya is a fucking great session and a hot shower after..... perfect.

no drugs required.

I went to the doctor and told him I was suffering from Insomnia and he suggested I try Marine Disco instead.

I'm a terrible insomniac.

What I have found VERY effective is popping a 25mg Phenergan (promethazine), which is an anti-histamine available in most countries without prescrption (Australia and UK for sure, but not USA or Brazil, to my certain knowledge).

One of those will knock you right out -two of them and you'll wake up at 2pm the next afternoon.

They can make you drowsy in the morning and be careful mixing them with alcohol.

I mentioned to a GP once that I pop one to sleep a lot of nights and was there a problem with that and he said he couldn't see why, as people pop anti-histamines regularly.

If you suffer from anxiety or depression and are prescribed Avanza (mirtazepine), an SSRI, it also has a sleeper component and will help you go out.

Edited by sinbad5

Dont need sleeping tabs if your getting pissed,partying hard and rootin all day n night ! :GoldenSmile1:

That was my thoughts also.

A good night Boom boom and BJ after a big day of drinking and boom boom and I will sleep like a baby for 4-5 hours before waking up and wanting to do it all over again.

Need to make the most of your holiday!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

i take stilnox. its got a bad reputation but i still take it every now and again. sorry OP not answering your question

I'm a terrible insomniac.

What I have found VERY effective is popping a 25mg Phenergan (promethazine), which is an anti-histamine available in most countries without prescrption (Australia and UK for sure, but not USA or Brazil, to my certain knowledge).

One of those will knock you right out -two of them and you'll wake up at 2pm the next afternoon.

They can make you drowsy in the morning and be careful mixing them with alcohol.

I mentioned to a GP once that I pop one to sleep a lot of nights and was there a problem with that and he said he couldn't see why, as people pop anti-histamines regularly.

If you suffer from anxiety or depression and are prescribed Avanza (mirtazepine), an SSRI, it also has a sleeper component and will help you go out.

When I am back home I have one every now and then ,10mg, the 25's put you in a coma ( matter of speech)

try drinking for 24 hours...followed by a 3 some at Devils Den...goodnight vienna

Wow, with as much pussy and alcohol there is you are worried about a good nights sleep? Just go natural and no worries, lights out.

in Pty a good drug of pharmacy for sleep name ATARAX

some time for jet lag just i take alf for sleep few days

(1 is so stone for me)

I buy Tryptanol from Boots, about 250 baht for 50 tabs. The dosage suggests taking 1 25mg tab but i found that far too strong. It knocks me out for 24 hours. If you take 1/3 or 1/4 of a tab it's just right for a 10 hour sleep.

What's funny on the label on the front is a warning which says "It may cause drowsiness" ha ha, these are sleeping tablets.

I buy Tryptanol from Boots, about 250 baht for 50 tabs. The dosage suggests taking 1 25mg tab but i found that far too strong. It knocks me out for 24 hours. If you take 1/3 or 1/4 of a tab it's just right for a 10 hour sleep.

What's funny on the label on the front is a warning which says "It may cause drowsiness" ha ha, these are sleeping tablets.

Edited by splitpin

A pharmacy in Pattaya gave me the blue pills (as opposed to the red ones). The flight departed at 10pm so I took one....then I had dinner at around 11. Didn't seem to be working, so I took another one around 12.

I don't actually recall anything from getting off the plane, through customs and immigration. And I had parked my car at the airport so the drive home was a bit of a blur.

Not good.

A pharmacy in Pattaya gave me the blue pills (as opposed to the red ones). The flight departed at 10pm so I took one....then I had dinner at around 11. Didn't seem to be working, so I took another one around 12.

I don't actually recall anything from getting off the plane, through customs and immigration. And I had parked my car at the airport so the drive home was a bit of a blur.

Not good.

Ha ha ha - thai witchdoctors, sooner or later they will get you

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried xanax 3mg recently. I slept nice and easy for basically 24 hours, but I could wake up easily. Just awake for food and toilet. Lovely. Now that was a good sleep! And not groggy.