IGNORED

The Pattaya Bay Resort wont respond to my emails and they have my creditcard details

tobeornottobe

I have sent the PBR a few emails this week requesting where I need to meet the taxi to at bangkok airport to takeme to their hotel and to just confirm my booking and they wont respond, I have already given them my credit card details, i just waqnt to kow where to meet the taxi but their lack of a response is a concern

There should be someone with a sign showing your name. They're normally very quick at replying to emails; are you sure you've got the address right? You could try calling them.

I wouldn't worry. As Brewster has said they are normally very good at responding to emails. You won't need to provide a credit card to book a room during the off season. Just to confirm your emailing to the correct address it's: [email protected]

Cheers

PV

Pattayavirgins first Trip:http://www.pattaya-a...s-patts-cherry/

Pattayavirgins second Trip: http://www.pattaya-a...-to-21st-march/

Mate PBR are very reliable...good quality management, I doubt if they will let you down.

I wouldn't worry. As Brewster has said they are normally very good at responding to emails.

You won't need to provide a credit card to book a room during the off

Except they aren't responding and they did ask for his credit card details as he said.

They responded to every email I sent them last month before I submitted my credit card details to them, I sent them 2 emails the other day as it has been a while since everything was confirmed, I just wanted to confirm everything was in order and I also wanted to know where I will get my taxi, this lack of a reply is really concerning me because I dont know whether to just go ahead and book a different taxi now

I would suggest the following

1) email them again

2) if no joy try fax

3) if no joy again try phone (expensive I know

4)Is there anyone in Patters you know who could go up to PBR and ask?

5)Could you ask if there is a Board member who would do number 4 for you (obviously only give details via PM and obviously dont give anyone your bank details)

Hope the above helps and that you get things sorted.

Except they aren't responding and they did ask for his credit card details as he said.

Firstly he said he provided his credit card not that they asked for it (as this isn't there policy off season). Secondly I am trying to be helpful by provding the OP with the correct email address! What have you done to help?!

PV

They responded to every email I sent them last month before I submitted my credit card details to them, I sent them 2 emails the other day as it has been a while since everything was confirmed, I just wanted to confirm everything was in order and I also wanted to know where I will get my taxi, this lack of a reply is really concerning me because I dont know whether to just go ahead and book a different taxi now

Tobemottobe,

I emailed them via their website last night to make a booking for July. I have got a confirmation email this morning so all went as normal for me. I would try calling them if they're still not responding to your emails. If you booked a taxi via the hotel the collection point is door B, gate 5. The driver will wait there with your name written on a card. They do sometimes take a couple of days to respond.

PV

PV

Glad to hear you got it sorted PBR are a professional outfit....have a good holiday.

Glad to hear you got it sorted PBR are a professional outfit....have a good holiday.

I beg to differ. I got cofirmation of a monthly rate and sent a reply saying thank you I look forward to my stay.

When I arrived they said they did not receive my email, so I printed it out. They said sorry we not receive and hotel very full so you can stay for a month but pay day rate.I stayed 1 night then moved.

I beg to differ. I got cofirmation of a monthly rate and sent a reply saying thank you I look forward to my stay.

When I arrived they said they did not receive my email, so I printed it out. They said sorry we not receive and hotel very full so you can stay for a month but pay day rate.I stayed 1 night then moved.

I am sorry to hear thay buddy, but I can only go by my own experience which has been largely positive...I do agree that if you had an agreement re a monthly rate and they failed to honour it then you did the right thing, exit sharpish...dissapointing to hear PBR acting in this way.

• 4 weeks later...

New Management fellas as the "A" Team just left from the sale: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/105311-pattaya-bay-resort-hello-thanks/

I've stayed there numerous times with no issues under the old management. Booked for my next trip in Dec and experienced delays with returned confirmation. I hope the new management team keeps the place a great experience (booking/stay)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I'm getting no reply to emails either...buy a going business that's been well run and then ruin it...not the best business plan!

Try agoda, same prices

Prices on Agoda are the same (give or take a few baht) as their online price.

Main advantrage using Agoda is if you are a frequent user then the loyalty points make it better to book via Agoda.

Agoda

Direct (via Addicts commission site/link)

If you book via our "commission" site and have ANY issues, please let me know as I do chase them up

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Hmmm...I really like PBR but I'm having the same issues. I've sent reservation requests with no response. A bit disappointing. I've always used Agoda in the past but I thought I'd try direct with the hotel this time.

Edit...all is sorted. PBR is awesome as usual.

Edited by allwet

i just sent an email inquiring about availability and the next day i received a reply. now they want my credit card info for the reservation.

i told myself that i would never do that again since i am almost always delayed and come in the next day. so i end up paying for a day that i am not there.

what are the chances of not making a reservation and just showing up? say at the and of july?

i just sent an email inquiring about availability and the next day i received a reply. now they want my credit card info for the reservation.

i told myself that i would never do that again since i am almost always delayed and come in the next day. so i end up paying for a day that i am not there.

what are the chances of not making a reservation and just showing up? say at the and of july?

That's why they need your credit card! If they hold the room without charge and then you don't turn up, they're out of pocket.

However, I would think if you just turn up you'll get a room at the end of July easily and even if you don't there are 100s of other choices.

i don't have a problem with hotels wanting credit card for reservation. it keeps people "honest" about honoring their reservations.

my problem has been that the airlines have been unreliable (i.e. late departures, missing connecting flights...).

if i "knew" when i would arrive versus when i am supposed to arrive i would gladly give my card for a reservation.

also, i usually get to patts at a late hour (between 12 and 4am) and don't want to be looking for a place at that time.

I'm about to send an email with a reservation request for 18 July. Will report back when I get a reply!

Email confirmation of reservation received at 2pm this afternoon (Thai time).