Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Adventure type bike rental

aragorn002

Hello,

I'm new on this forum and this is my first post. In February I'll be in Pattaya (my second trip),

and during the daytime I would like to ride around the backcountry.

Most of the large rental bikes I saw during my first trip were either custom or sport. I prefer

adventure type of bike, like a Honda Transalp for example. My bike over here is a R1150GS.

So to sum it up I don't want a small automatic bike to commute in Pattaya, but a midsize

adventure bike to go on daytrips. I saw a couple of threads about bike and rentals, but few

specifics on the actual rental shops.

Any info on shops renting this type of bike will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I realize February is still 4½ months away, but if some of you would like

to ride with me, that would be great. Just send me a PM.

Aragorn002

Welcome to the board mate,i hope you enjoy this new addiction.

About the bike can not help u with that sorry mate.

greets

sponge bob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aragorn, welcome to the board!

First off, a touring-style bike can be hard to find in pattaya, however there are a few shops. The ones I am aware of are located just after Soi 11 on beach road, they'll have a few BMWs or hondas parked outside. Most aren't dedicated shops but rather a guy sitting on a chair near his chained up bikes. Most falang come looking for a crotch rocket so the market isn't so good for a tourer. You could go with an XJR 1300 or a CB1300. HUGE engines, very fast, and upright bikes so they're a bit nicer on your back. Almost all of the touristy areas in the Chonburi area are off of paved roads, there aren't too many places that you can (legally) go and mess around in. There is another shop off of 2nd road heading towards Pattaya Klang (central) road. Turn right on Soi 8 and go through the beer bar area. On the left, right after the last beer bar there is a fenced off shop that rents out dirt bikes and some smaller touring bikes.

hope that was a bit helpful for you. I'll be in pattaya next month so i'll try get some phone numbers and exact locations of the shops. Take it easy..

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

HulaHula,

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check those places.

I have a GPS with the maps that can be found at http://rotweilermaps.com/maps.cfm and I don't mind at all riding on unpaved roads. Even if I don't speak Thai,

I'll be riding in the backcountry. Any suggestions for daytrips are welcome. When I'm done, I'll post a report on the best rides.

Aragorn

• 1 year later...

The place on Beach road just next to Royal garden has a couple of nice CB13's he keeps them clean and well serviced they go for around 500THB per day on short term rent