Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Jomtien Beach Road Food Ripoffs

Pattaya One

Ed,

I live in Pattaya but recently came to Jomtien with my girl, where we were shocked at the prices of common Thai food that we were charged.

For example on Jomtien Beach Road, at a coffee cart, we were charged FORTY BAHT for what would cost us 15 or 20 baht in Pattaya. I have never been charged so much here.

Next we bought a takeaway portion of usually delicious and cheap cow ca mu (pork in gravy). We would usually pay 50 baht maximum for it, but not on Jomtien Beach Road. These robbers wanted 100 baht for one normal portion.

I was disgusted, and I will never buy food there again.

One block back is a new night market my girl took me to, outside the day market, where we bought the same sized bag of cow ca mu from a friendly Thai seller, and it tasted as good if not better than the 100 baht ripoff bag.

I think your readers should be told. Jomtien beach is a disgusting ripoff, but good and cheap food exists one block back in the night market area.

Yours,
Ken J.

EDITOR
Sorry to hear of your double food whammy in Jomtien.
By all accounts the night market food area at the top of Soi 5 on the new Pattaya Second Road which you mention is excellent value and quality.

InPattayaNow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA InPattayaNow?d=qj6IDK7rITs
wj_c1qc17xQ

View the full article

Jomtien beach road restaurants now cater to Russian tourists who don't know any better so prices there will be high. Best avoided. Stick to the thai areas.

Was like that 4 years ago when I first visited. :SoWhat1:

That is why the Thai's tolerate the Russians and are happy to cater to them.

Must have seen you coming mate, I live in Jomtien and have never had any price with the food? Always pay the same at the markets and karts as in Pattaya