IGNORED

Topping up thai sim card

daninplymouth

Hi guys just a quick question on my trip i bought a ditac payg sim, i think it is valid till dec this year but i wont be going to pattaya now untill feb. Is there a way i can top it up to keep it active?

thanks

If you have a bank account, you can actually use internet banking to top it up and keep it alive.

Life is like a roller coaster!

Go to website of DITAC and top up from there... I top up my thai sim(one to call, AIS) last week with 800 bt cos the sim expired next month... So I have extended my sim to October...

Edited by jocky king

There is a website that you can use from anywhere.

You use PayPal and they will top it up for you.

The better option is to add months to your account before you leave thailand using the codes below.

Extend Validity – Press : *113*[number of days 30/60/90/180]*9#

Example: *113*180*9# for  180 day extension.  2 Baht per month.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I got my phone extended for one year by going to teleWitz (or whatever) on phone floor next to staircase in TUKCOM on South Street in Pattaya; cost 300 baht and the girl at the service counter took two hours to get it accomplished because they were so busy.I have 1-2-Call sim.

Anyone know of good and cheap phone card. Thailand to USA. Thanks

I just go to 711 and ask for an International calling card at a touristy 711. Sometimes they try to give me the card with the chip on it so you can use the international phone booths which is not what you want. Anyway the International calling card that you can use with your cell phone I think costs about 4b a minute and you can use the call-back option so you don't spend cell time.

I have one 300b card and use it only for emergency. Otherwise I just use Skype (skype to skype is free) of which I have a $13 unlimited account and a number from the home country (extra) so people back home call a local number for them and if I am not on skype or don't answer, their call is forwarded to my thai cell number.

Just top up your card with extra credit. The amount you top up is related to how long before it expires. 300 or 500 baht should take you to the maximum of 12 months. When you top up just look at the expiry date on the top up message and add more credit if less than the 12 months. You can use up all the credit beforehand but i find it useful to leave in a couple of hundred baht so that you have credit when u next return.

LOS. Gotta Love It.

There is a short number to dial that will give you six months for about 28 baht.

*113*180#

S C

Hello,

I had the same problem but there is a trick, you top up your sim card with any amount you want but divide the amount in 4. Suppose you want to top up with 200 Baht, instead of buying a 200 top up you should buy 4 times 50, so when you add all the 4 times 50 then your sim card will remain active for the entire one year from the date you top up. But if you just add one time 200 Baht it will only be valid for one week from that date.

Hope this help you

Hey, buy a card called Marhaba, it is cheap to use it for all the countries. You use your own phone to call and is quite cheap.

I had a dtac sim before and i used to top up every time before i left for home, but when i came back in three months it had expired,not good if you have to contact someone at the airport,so my gf told me to get 1 2 call and the more you top up the more your credit is extended,never had a problem since.

go here

http://thaiprepaidcard.com/

you can topup from anywhere in the world..i use it for years, never had any problem..works fine.

Mai pen rai...

As mentioned, use http://www.happy.co.th/home_en.php and it is called "Day Give-Away Service" in the OTP Requires Services in the bottom left. They just send a SMS (totally free to receive anywhere in the world) and you put the code they send in the website. Then extend 180 days for 12 baht, or 90 days for 6 baht or 30 days for 2 baht or something. You can use multiples out to 365 days validity.

If you have a Thai bank account such as SCB, you can top up online as well from overseas.

I use True International when in Thailand. YOu can dial the US for about 1 baht a minute. I got the sim card at the 711. Make sure you get the True International and not the True Card.

Does anybody actually read this stuff.??? As in replys.

The member has a DTAC card - he didn't ask about changing it.

He didn't ask what card you use.

Just extending the validity date of his DTAC card.

I am guessing he wants to keep his number as do I for the last 5 years or more.

Once again the code I use is *113*180#

I think 28 baht for 180 days.

SC

SC

How is the 28 baht taken? is it from existing credit on phone, or do you have to add credit?

Earning money for my next Thai flight

I am guessing he wants to keep his number as do I for the last 5 years or more.

This is exactly what I was explaining but did not have the number or code at the time.

If he is in Thailand he can do this otherwise he will have to use some of the websites listed above and use PayPal.

Before leaving every trip I suggest that DTAC users do as you suggested...

Here is a more indepth explanation.

Extend Validity – Press : *113*[number of days 30/60/90/180]*9# Example: *113*180*9# for  180 day extension.  2 Baht per month.

The #9 at the end can be added for all functions when over there to ensure to return SMS to you is written in English rather than Thai.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Did you know One to call offered 119 baht for 400 text/Sms messages a month !!! Not bad for Expat who always do Sms in Thailand.. That offer only applied inside Thailand...Text/Sms to outside Thailand will be on normal rate...

Go to 7 Eleven and take a TRUE MOVE Inter SIM card, It's only 1 Bath/min. for international calls to USA. Whenever you refill, the validity is extended by one year.

Edited by buzz747

How does one go about extending 12Call sims? I have a si ply awesome number, which I obtained in November. I have put about 3000 baht through it in November, then since I topped up 1x 100b in Jan/feb and again a few days ago. Is there a way I can verify ifthe number is still active?

cheers

Just buy another sim next time, they're cheap as chips. Make a note of all the birds numbers you wanna keep, and ditch all the one's you dont wanna keep. Simple. Is it that important you have the same number in February?!........ :unsure: