IGNORED

Most disappointing Sporting Moment

MIGHTYONE

Whats the sporting moment that left you most disappointed, either watching on TV or worse still being there live.

For me it would have to be my local football team Brentford losing twice in Play off finals. Maybe you would have to support a lower league team in England to understand the feeling of a whole season going up in smoke in 90 minutes.

Felt gutted for Jimmy White many a time in the finals he lost although at least he found Pattaya to help him over his woes.

Have experienced many lows as a Manchester United fan but with United there is always the prospect of next year so the disappointment does not last for long. I think for me it would be England losing to Germany in the 1990 world cup semi final because we were better than them and would no doubt have beaten an under strength Argentina side that were lucky to have made it to the final. We should definitely have won the world cup that year. :P

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I think for me it would be England losing to Germany in the 1990 world cup semi final because we were better than them and would no doubt have beaten an under strength Argentina side that were lucky to have made it to the final. We should definitely have won the world cup that year. :Party1:

I feel your pain Pharang bah

For me it's similair. Losing the worlcup final to Germany in 74.

Holland played amazing football on that tournament (the best they ever played).

However it was our long last rival Germany that beat us in that final :P

Will the pain ever go away

Maybe you would have to support a lower league team in England to understand the feeling of a whole season going up in smoke in 90 minutes.
Fancy asking a Leeds fan a question like this ?
Have experienced many lows as a Manchester United fan but with United there is always the prospect of next year so the disappointment does not last for long. I think for me it would be England losing to Germany in the 1990 world cup semi final because we were better than them and would no doubt have beaten an under strength Argentina side that were lucky to have made it to the final. We should definitely have won the world cup that year. :P
Man Utd fan from Southampton !! What a suprise there then ?Must agree with the Italia "90" though

Captain Leeds United how long have you got LOL

1975 European cup final against Munich scum (Got ripped off by the referee)

1987 FA Cup semi-Final Leeds V Coventry (Lost in extra time)

1996 Coca cola cup final Leeds v Villa (only 1 team turned up)

200? Leeds v Valencia Champions league semi-final (lost again)

200? Leeds v Watford Championship play off final (lost that as well)

Captain disappointed

Finding out this week that the best coach in all football (american) history broke the rules and will be forever considered a cheater by 31 other teams, regardless if his transgression resulted in an advantage or not.

Captain Sensible,

What about the 1973 Cup Final

Leeds United 0 Sunderland 1, GOAL SCORER: The late great Ian Porterfield, who passed away this week.

My disappointment was Sunderland being relegated to the old 3rd Division under Laurie McMenamy in the early 1980's

Yankees Redsox, 2004 ALCS Yankees are up 3 games to 0 All they have to do to advance to the World Series is defeat them one more time in 4 more games. Didnt happen. they lost 4 heart breakers. What really sucks is that the Bastards won the WS that year, in a sweep of the Cardnials. First time in 86 years. sonofabitch. The anger is still strong. I walk away when anyone mentions how the Yanks were unable to pull it off. How no team in MLB history or of any other sport had ever lost a series with a 3 game lead. As I said.. it still pisses me off

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

chris walker losing out to neil hodgson for british superbike crown afew years ago at donington park due to a mechanical failiure on his bike - he only needed to finish in the top 6 to win the championship.

oh and tonight's rugby :( england got thrashed by springboks

Edited by prilla

supported them since 1967 - season ticket 20 + years - MAN CITY - fucking great never dissapointed - ok little bit- COME ON SUPER SVEN :rolleyes::P PATTAYA NEXT WEEK INSANITY FOR SURE

supported them since 1967 - season ticket 20 + years - MAN CITY - fucking great never dissapointed - ok little bit- COME ON SUPER SVEN :rolleyes::P PATTAYA NEXT WEEK INSANITY FOR SURE

Had a season ticket 20 years and never seen them win a trophy in that time, thats a disappointment in itself.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Yankees Redsox, 2004 ALCS Yankees are up 3 games to 0 All they have to do to advance to the World Series is defeat them one more time in 4 more games. Didnt happen. they lost 4 heart breakers. What really sucks is that the Bastards won the WS that year, in a sweep of the Cardnials. First time in 86 years. sonofabitch. The anger is still strong. I walk away when anyone mentions how the Yanks were unable to pull it off. How no team in MLB history or of any other sport had ever lost a series with a 3 game lead. As I said.. it still pisses me off

the biggest choke in all of professional sports history!!!!! hahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!! :P

needless to say i'm a huge redsox fan...watching them kick some yankee ass as we speak :9of10Score:

the biggest choke in all of professional sports history!!!!! hahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!! :D

needless to say i'm a huge redsox fan...watching them kick some yankee ass as we speak :Flying:

shit...spoke too soon :P ...........but tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Captain Sensible,

What about the 1973 Cup Final

Leeds United 0 Sunderland 1, GOAL SCORER: The late great Ian Porterfield, who passed away this week.

My disappointment was Sunderland being relegated to the old 3rd Division under Laurie McMenamy in the early 1980's

BIG AL how could i have forgot that ? Sunderlands biggest ever achievement, in foot ball history

See you soon Buddy !!

Captain Football friendly !! :Flying:

Well being English we have to handle dissapointing sporting moments on a regular basis!!

But there is one sporting moment that sticks in my mind, even today, although it happened at school in '72..I played rugby for the school and was quite a handy player at 7's tournaments..Well we got to the finals of the Southern counties knock out...we played well throughout and got to the final. But then the captain of our B team that had been knocked out of the Plate said that the Coach had dropped me for the final in place of him...Well of course this was illegal so he said I should go and sit on the school bus and wait..

Well, the team lost,and as they all joined me on the bus most players blanked me and some wanted to kick my head in....It took Months before the story came out that this C##NT was lying and told everybody I lost my bottle for the final and so "Volunteered" to take my place...

He eventually took up a proffession that involves wearing a dog collar.......

After having to beat the likes of Argentina and Uruguay to qualify for the World Cup for so long, Australia's loss to Italy in Germany 2006 left me gutted. :D

Doubtful penalty but as a defender O'Neill shouldn't have fell down in the area, especially in front of the Italian high divers. :wub:

Didn't think we actually did enough to win the game in regular time, especially as they always have so many defenders behind the ball, but to lose thay way ... :Cry9:

Still we did lose to the WC champion which is more than others can say. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dunghie

Finding out this week that the best coach in all football (american) history broke the rules and will be forever considered a cheater by 31 other teams, regardless if his transgression resulted in an advantage or not.

well I was going to put the redsox in 86 losing to the mets when the ball rolled through Billy's legs....but I think I will agree with yours.......good one....

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

1980 FA Cup final Arsenal v West Ham:Cry4:

I was only 12 & watching the game at a friends all Arsenal fans apart from 1 kid Louie who was a west ham fan.

The only time ive ever cried after a football game.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

Captain Leeds United how long have you got LOL

1975 European cup final against Munich scum (Got ripped off by the referee)

Captain disappointed

Captain Disappointed you might be, Captain Sensible you are not. They are called Bayern München and not Munich scum. Bayern have been a very good and fair side for as long as I can remember.

My most disappointing moments are few as the Aussies are always winning in one sport or another. The few losses now and then don't matter. There is always the next time. Right now we are doing pretty well at the Cricket 20 Overs World Cup and the Rugby Union World. :Chokdee:

Yep Loosing to the Italians in the last world Cup ,last kick of the game !!!!!! iM Stilling getting therapy from my doctor

Captain Disappointed you might be, Captain Sensible you are not. They are called Bayern München and not Munich scum. Bayern have been a very good and fair side for as long as I can remember.

Chiller the Captain apologizes, for the above out burst !!

But the "Referee" that day was a pure and utter cunt ? (and a self confessed Bayern fan)

Captain Replay

Chiller the Captain apologizes, for the above out burst !!

But the "Referee" that day was a pure and utter cunt ? (and a self confessed Bayern fan)

Captain Replay

No need to apologize. It is all said in good jest and this is only a message board. I was born in Munich and Bayern M. is the team I follow in the Bundesliga. In Australia I follow Rugby League, Aussie Rules and Football in that order. I went to live in Oz as a very young lad more than 40 years ago and football only had a minor following then compared to the other codes.

I agree. It is always disappointing when the ref makes a wrong or biased descision, which alters the outcome of a game. What about 1966, when that infamous goal you scored in extra time never crossed the goal line and won the World Cup for England in the final against Germany? :P

I agree. It is always disappointing when the ref makes a wrong or biased descision, which alters the outcome of a game. What about 1966, when that infamous goal you scored in extra time never crossed the goal line and won the World Cup for England in the final against Germany? :D

Ha ha top man 1966 cheers :P

Edited by Captain Sensible