Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Which gym should i get a 1 year or lifetime

noodleman

Hi Guys,

Just been reading the forum and it seems Tony's Gyms were up for Sale last month, Now bad news for C wow. I dont mind training at either one. However just cant be bothered buying a membership and having it go bust the next.

Any one know the price for a yearly or life time for

Tony :

Califonia Wow :

Also does anyone recoomend another gym which has good weights and cardi

regards Ray

For the latest informtion on CA-WOW see this article very recently published in the Bangkok Post:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/economics/294087/cawow-will-take-a-powder

It seems they want to continue their business with a different format. It also states that their club in Pattaya is doing well (but it's up to you to believe).

Good luck !

HEY, I train in Cal-woow it is a good , clean lovely place but not sure if it goes bust or not. I think you can get a life time membership now somewhere between 15000-20000 with yearly renew payment of 1000-2000. It depend how good are you in bargaining. Make sure when you sign up that you can use all facilities like Yoga, and all other classes.

There have been talk of California WOW closing for years and they are still around and seem to be doing well.

when i was in town last month california wow were offering lifetime memberships for 5000bht..which says to me its going deep under

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I emailed Tonys and they claim that the sell off/bankruptcy rumors are false. I believe that he is in the process of building a new gym on Soi Bukhow.

There have been talk of California WOW closing for years and they are still around and seem to be doing well.

Here http://www.set.or.th...e=en&country=US you can find all the info. Now you can judge yourself. It this would not be Thailand they would have gone already for a long time (but that's my opnion).

Happy fitnessing !

Edited by Halfaboy

For the latest informtion on CA-WOW see this article very recently published in the Bangkok Post:

http://www.bangkokpo...l-take-a-powder

It seems they want to continue their business with a different format. It also states that their club in Pattaya is doing well (but it's up to you to believe).

Good luck !

The Pattaya club seems to be operating normally, recently painted,equipment maintained. fta...... "California Wow has a good business model that is proven by its successful clubs such as the Siam Paragon, Pin Klao, Ekamai and Esplanade branches as well as the Chiang Mai and Pattaya clubs, which show good potential. The company can be strengthened by concentrating our best resources in these clubs,"

If they ass fuck some Bangkok members, why would Pattaya's be any different?

Smells like sleazebags to me.

• 1 month later...

i arrive on the 8th i think its safer to join tony's

I use Tony's Sportsworld and its a dam good quality gym, and has AC. Membership is a rip off unless your joining for 3 months or more though (3 months = 5000, 6 months = 6000, 1 year = 8000). That membership includes all of the Gyms including Tony's Fitness Centre - which is the best of the lot it seems.

You can probably bargain a good rate for use of the sportsworld gym if your here for a short trip.

Edited by Ste86

CA-WOW has reopened, but Tony's is definitely the safer choice now.

Tony's is a great gym but 200baht per day is a bit steep, even the 3 month membership is high for thailand. would never stay in the apartments again thats for sure, the traffice outside the bedroom windows at night is unreal!

Hehehe, I stay at the back overlooking the pool, and on the left the side of the hotel. Seems this is the only noise free area. Got a noisy ass bar under the right side of the hotel

I use Tony's Sportsworld and its a dam good quality gym, and has AC. Membership is a rip off unless your joining for 3 months or more though (3 months = 5000, 6 months = 6000, 1 year = 8000). That membership includes all of the gyms including Tony's Fitness Centre - which is the best of the lot it seems.

You can probably bargain a good rate for use of the sportsworld gym if your here for a short trip.

i also use tonys

last time i was there i think i payed 2000 bath for 2 or 3 weeks

I believe in unicorn's

• 2 weeks later...

.................closed again......................

closed 001.JPG

Ah, I feel sorry for anyone who's been screwed by them. A bm i'm hanging out with went there 2 days ago to ask about membership and they quoted him 7000baht FOR ONE WEEK. I wouldn't ever use these guys on principle, they'll quite happily rip off any and everyone if they get a chance, just like they did BKK. Tony gets a lot of stick, but his sportsworld gym is sweet.