Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

booking flight for long stay in pattaya

paulyd2k

what`s the best way to book a flight for staying in pattaya long term, i have house now in pattaya and want to be spending a long time there now, but i`ve popped back home now and am looking for flights back, how can you book an open ticket, heard people mention these, will you get these through a broker, or do i just book as cheap as flight i can and loose the return journey, will soet out visa etc obviously, just need a bit of advise on what others do or recommend, thanks paul

Eva air do open return tickets, i think you choose to return within 3,6 or 12 months. have not done it myself though..

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Airberlin have low Single flights i used 1 time to reverse my directio for flying ,

Now i live Thailand and needed flight from here to Europe, Airberlin does sameas Airasia and give prices on single flights,

in your case AirBerlin fly from Manchester & London to Berlin or other German airfields to go direct flight to Bangkok or Phuket

Now i fly most time Eva open return (When availble promotion) possible open return from BKK to Europe mostly 1/3/6/1 year)

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

ok great stuff, i believe they will not let you come in with a single ticket, must have return,

ok great stuff, i believe they will not let you come in with a single ticket, must have return,

If you stay Thailand longer time i should think you have at least a single entry for departing .....to Thailand , with a single entry 60 days (Extension at immigration 30 days extra for 1900 bth !

So iam surprised about your reply , as having a house in Thailand and stay long time you should know about visa

TO fly out to Thailand Whitout ANY visa you risk to be refused Boarding !

YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW A RETURN TICKEt with any visa !! You wil be allowed boarding and fly

Edited by david555

no i just been for six months , i know about visa , will be getting retirement one when i get back, but was told if you book a single ticket they wont let you in, dunno much about it will look into it, not coming back till 17th june

no i just been for six months , i know about visa , will be getting retirement one when i get back, but was told if you book a single ticket they wont let you in, dunno much about it will look into it, not coming back till 17th june

I think the travel agent can get you a open ticket, rather than a online ticket.... Try ask the travel agent near your home... I have been thinking of the same as you for next year or the year after... Will look this this thread again and see if someone here had experience that...

I took before Airberlin single ticket with my ED visa 1 year multiple visa, no problems but before boarding the gate people ask for the visa .

If older than 50 you can get in Your country already a Non immigrant visa Non o , 3 months or 1 year (=15 months if before expiering doing a last visa run gives another 90 days), in UK with 900 GBP required income pension or other;

In Thailand an retirement EXTENSION ( no visa/ border runs , but immigration reports 90 days ) requirements 800.000 on bank first time 2 months before aplying , or if married with Thai 400.000 bht , both systems combination with income if no full amount , or pension or other 65000 BHT not married or 45000 married with Thai (or is it 40000 bht ,exact amount my memory fails me.... )

With EVA i saw always the open return in the BKK > Europe route , not EU> BKK , that iswhy i reversed it first with Airberlin, later i fly Eva open return as i do not know what to find home in my letterbox after beiing away so long :GoldenSmile1: and not knowing before that when return Thailand

Edited by david555

i have the money in thai bank, but had already sorted my visa out for a six month stay, so will address the longer visa issue when i get to patts,just sort out a visa at consulate in cardiff efore i go, a shortish one , also i will do a bit more research on single flights, but an open from thailand sounds good when your there,thx for advice, willkeep eye on this post, paul

i have the money in thai bank, but had already sorted my visa out for a six month stay, so will address the longer visa issue when i get to patts,just sort out a visa at consulate in cardiff efore i go, a shortish one , also i will do a bit more research on single flights, but an open from thailand sounds good when your there,thx for advice, willkeep eye on this post, paul

I think it is more expensive to buy ticket in Thailand than in England.....What i would try to next year or 2014(Plans nine months stay ) is buy open ticket in Ireland rather than Thailand.. My mate bought the tickets in Thailand for 44,000 bt return, That is over €1000...

I think it is more expensive to buy ticket in Thailand than in England.....What i would try to next year or 2014(Plans nine months stay ) is buy open ticket in Ireland rather than Thailand.. My mate bought the tickets in Thailand for 44,000 bt return, That is over €1000...

before i fly with Eva open return 3months BKK>AMST free shuttle BUS Belgium (my town)

for always around 700€ or 28000bht , but with HOT-e-fare promotions if evergreenclub member , now they are just became also connected to "star alliance"

1 month &2 months slightly cheaper .

But must check and plan before , because most those promotions are called "early bird" and in march/april

yes i am getting prices of £596-622 at the moment, so a looking each day to strike when lowest, but dont think theres going to be a lot of saving now,

yes i am getting prices of £596-622 at the moment, so a looking each day to strike when lowest, but dont think theres going to be a lot of saving now,

Flying next month 19 june with KLM BKK>AMS round trip , no open one for 27450 (included extra for a seat option) but booked early april ; class no air miles, no change options , lowest fares class

thats about £660 approx yes, is that a one year ticket m8, been playing with a few options, £450 single aswell, if i get a triple entry visa and sort my retirement vias towards the end of that i shouldnt have any probs then should i, thx paul, just need reassuring about single flight,

thats about £660 approx yes, is that a one year ticket m8, been playing with a few options, £450 single aswell, if i get a triple entry visa and sort my retirement vias towards the end of that i shouldnt have any probs then should i, thx paul, just need reassuring about single flight,

you can stretch your triple entry to almost 9 months with extensions 30 days, if you plan good , but think you know that already