Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How do I get my TG to Australia

Damo666

I am looking for any advise whether it be good or bad about how to get my TG to Australia. I am planning on taking her here in August on a 3 month holiday visa to see if she can adapt to the Australian way of life first.

If that works out for us we will look at a more permanent stay in Oz. I am looking for information advise firstly the holiday visa anwhat I need to do to obtain that.

Second, what do we have to do to obtain a visa for TG to stay permanently in Australia.

Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated

The Australian tourist visa (subclass 676.) Details of what the visa is about and the requirements are given. In the following section how to apply for this type of visa in Bangkok will be detailed.

Read more here: http://www.ozvisathai.com/

Thank you Proud Aussie for the very informative reply to my topic. It seems that I have a bit of work to do before August. Thank you again much appreciated.

Its not that hard, did one for a girl in about 3 days, so long as she can use a computer, understand a little English and she doesn't take any advise from her girlfriends, piece of piss.

Might do another one in October 555

Its not that hard, did one for a girl in about 3 days, so long as she can use a computer, understand a little English and she doesn't take any advise from her girlfriends, piece of piss.

Might do another one in October 555

Beg to differ..my mate meets a tg on website 3 months laters shes in oz.....Ive been with mine 12mths this october and no luck !............Go Figure !

Edited by ProudAussie

I am looking for any advise whether it be good or bad about how to get my TG to Australia. I am planning on taking her here in August on a 3 month holiday visa to see if she can adapt to the Australian way of life first.

If that works out for us we will look at a more permanent stay in Oz. I am looking for information advise firstly the holiday visa anwhat I need to do to obtain that.

Second, what do we have to do to obtain a visa for TG to stay permanently in Australia.

Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated

As has been posted Australian Tourist Visa for a Thai Partner is a good source of information. But then again I am bias as it is my website...:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

As has been posted Australian Tourist Visa for a Thai Partner is a good source of information. But then again I am bias as it is my website... :P

I am not bias and i found this to be very helpful in my application's, thank's scumbag, i did not know that was your web site.

Damo666, i'm not sure if you will be travelling to LOS in August if so i would prepare as much of the application in OZ as possible first, stat decs witnessed by JP's are for free in OZ , And another thing i will add is that u will have to translate thai documents such as her I.D and house book to english.

Good luck

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

And another thing i will add is that u will have to translate thai documents such as her I.D and house book to english.

Good luck

Some documents need to be translated, but House Book and Thai ID don't - well at least I didn't have them translated for my Thai lady friend and her tourist visa went through without a hitch.

Some documents need to be translated, but House Book and Thai ID don't - well at least I didn't have them translated for my Thai lady friend and her tourist visa went through without a hitch.

I did this with my GF visitor visa application,

You could be right though, i did not want to take any chance's in delaying the visa,I know for sure u have to translate them for the partner visa's

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

And another thing i will add is that u will have to translate thai documents such as her I.D and house book to english.

I would suggest contacting the embassy in Bangkok before having anything translated for a tourist visa. We have never had anything translated. The application a few months ago had a marriage certificate with the application. Before submitting the application I contacted the embassy to ask if a transliteration was required and the answer was no. As per usual they issued her a one year multiple entry visa.

Email: [email protected]

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

• 1 month later...

Tourist visa should not be to difficult to sort out but permanent visa is a disaster!!! I know a few mates that used a guy in BKK and the price was very reasonable. Worth a try if you are serious 1 mate went there with his TG they applied for partner visa whilst over there, they only come here now for holidays. email is [email protected]

Good luck and its Australia, she will love it!!

just make sure you meet all the requires of the tourist visa and you'll be fine.. see the below link

make your letter inviting her a stat dec, if your fully supporting her trip than provide proof of income and funds

more you provide from your end the stronger the application will be.

get her travel insurance and add a copy to the visa application

http://www.thailand....ist Jul_Eng.pdf

Edited by smacko

what travel insurance have you found best??

what travel insurance have you found best??

You never know how good insurance is until you need to claim. I have never claimed and have used 1 cover to buy insurance. For a TG visiting Australia make sure it is the non-resident visiting Australia policy.

do you have to produce the travel insurance when applying for visa?? have found alot have a waiting period to claim which seems not very practical... is it better to get insurance online or from thailand or australia???

do you have to produce the travel insurance when applying for visa?? have found alot have a waiting period to claim which seems not very practical... is it better to get insurance online or from thailand or australia???

I just state in the invitation letter that I will be providing insurance for the person. Reading the document posted by smacko indicates that insurance is not a requirement for people under 75 years old.

There is no waiting time for travel insurance as it does not cover pre-existing conditions. Best to buy the insurance from an Australian company.

So many variables involved that success really comes down to your particular situation.

My only comment is this - just because the embassy grants a 3 month tourist visa, don't simply assume she can stay in Australia for the entire 3 months. My TGF's first tourist visa was a 3 month visa, but was told in no uncertain terms from the case officer that she was granted a visa on the condition she returned to Thailand after only 3 weeks.

I would concentrate on initially getting a 3 month tourist visa, then if all goes well apply for a longer tourist visa. I think it's way too early to even think about a permanent visa at this stage.

I certainly wouldn't bother with a visa agent for a tourist visa. Have a go yourself & if it's knocked back then weigh up your options. There's a wealth of information online for tourist visas to Australia, Google is your friend.

Edited by aligisdaman