IGNORED

What does your hotel cost you....?

burgerboy

Every single time I speak to somebody about hotels I am constantly told that I am overpaying. Guys tell me they are getting 4* hotels for 700bhat, etc , etc… So I just thought I would find out once and for all what you guys are paying and the type of hotel you use…

• Less than 500bhat per night
  • 500 – 999bhat per night
  • 1000 – 1499bhat per night
  • 1500 – 1999bhat per night
  • 2000 – 2999bhat per night
  • 3000 – 3999bhat per night
  • 4000 – 4999baht per night
  • I’m loaded – Over 5000baht per night

Ok, so what type of hotel are you using?

• I will sleep on the floor if it’s cheap
  • Room above a bar with a bed, wardrobe and shower
  • Nice room in a decent but simple hotel
  • Big room and I must have a pool and satellite TV
  • I only stay at the Marriott
  • I must have a suite with at least two rooms

I am on holiday and I save all year so my choices are

• 1500 – 1999bhat per night

• Big room and I must have a pool and satellite TV

This normally means I am at the Sabai Lodge in Soi 2 or this year I am in the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8.

10,000 Baht per month along with big room, cable TV, Fridge, airconditioning, in room safe, DVD player along with swimming pool. Electric and water cost another 3,000 Baht. Stayed multiple times and always full. :GoldenSmile1:

Vote added - in my case at a price range of around 2-3k a night and generally I opt to stay in a one bedroom suite.

I've tried the normal hotel rooms, the typical 'studio' set up, but in the end have found I like to have a proper sitting area to watch TV (instead of sitting on the bed) and a decent kitchen with a full sized fridge.

Upcoming trip will see me staying at @Mind Apartments in a suite, 2,600THB a night.

256056_110915162129285_STD.jpg

256056_110916125435199_STD.jpg

256056_110916125438418_STD.jpg

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

For long stays, 15k pm = 500B per day at one of Dancewatcher's View Talay 2 condos - Studio with kitchen & large pool. Last month we had a week's hols with the GF's kids in tow who slept on the couches, ~1000B per night.

Usually stay at a guesthouse like Canterbury Tales, 500-700B per night & pay 50B to use a local pool.

sgu_banner.gif

• 6 months later...

10,000 Baht per month along with big room, cable TV, Fridge, airconditioning, in room safe, DVD player along with swimming pool. Electric and water cost another 3,000 Baht. Stayed multiple times and always full. :GoldenSmile1:

+1.

no wonder its happy condo dwellers responding to this poll.

4 * hotel at 700 baht a night will usually be out of the way in some isolated area I think.

For me, I look for the following when booking my room.

Clean toilet/bathroom with bathtub.

Provides bathrobes.

Good location to where the actions are or easy access to them.

Good reputation/review on their staffs.

My budget usually goes up to 2000 baht a night. I've stayed in hotel Vista in soi 4, LK the empress. Both are great to stay in.

Next trip Feb 2013, I have booked LK renaissance. =)

Some hotels have good service/facilites but the location is poor. If you don't need loom service then hotels can be pretty expensive. Loads of choices in Pattaya for all kinds of places.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 2 weeks later...

These days 30000-35000 ( depends on season ) for one month .

Big room with save, dally cleaning, big tv with true vision sports. pool, WiFi,

Just depends on your needs. have also stayed in soi 8 area for 400-500 a night.

• 3 weeks later...

Between 1000 - 2000 bath a night for me.

Have stayed 2 times a dinasty inn and paid 1000bath a night. great location and semi good hotel.

for my next trip im staying at Inn House. Dont remember how much for a night.

we will fight or we will fall till the angels save us all

On my last 2 trips i always paid between 450 and 800 baht.

Last time I stayed at Canterbury Tales, around 600 baht. Dave, the staff, and the place is great.

All I need - good location, clean bathroom, aircon + fan, TV, fridge and balcony - I can get it for not more than 800 THB even in high season :)

Vote added - in my case at a price range of around 2-3k a night and generally I opt to stay in a one bedroom suite.

I've tried the normal hotel rooms, the typical 'studio' set up, but in the end have found I like to have a proper sitting area to watch TV (instead of sitting on the bed) and a decent kitchen with a full sized fridge.

Upcoming trip will see me staying at @Mind Apartments in a suite, 2,600THB a night.

[img=http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] 256056_110915162129285_STD.jpg

[img=http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] 256056_110916125435199_STD.jpg

[img=http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] 256056_110916125438418_STD.jpg

Cheers

Perthie

Looks interesting. Location and contact if you don't mind?

I usually stay somewhere around the 700-1000Baht price per night.

There are some great places to stay on this budget if you know where to look.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Last time I paid 450thb per night and before that 10 000thb for a month. Same place at soi Buakhao, rooms above a finnish bar. I don´t spend time on my room at all, only sleeping. And couple of hangovers when I want to be alone :D. Safe and Wifi, that´s enough for me.

Looks interesting. Location and contact if you don't mind?

Sorry for being a bit slow with replying - kinda the first time I've logged in since getting back from my last trip (you know how it goes.....).

@ Mind is on Soi 4 Second Road.  Same road as Amari Nova Suites.  You have to make sure your driver understands where he's supposed to take you, as nearly every baht-bus, taxi or moto will head for Soi 4 Beach Road instead.

I did like the place but it is a little off the beaten track being on the north side of Pattaya Klang.

I booked online through asiawebdirect.com , the phone number for @ Mind is +66 38 427 777.

Most of the regular booking sites (Agoda etc) should be able to book you a room at a decent price.

May2012 13.jpg

May2012 14.jpg

May2012 15.jpg

May2012 16.jpg

May2012 17.jpg

May2012 18.jpg

May2012 19.jpg

May2012 20.jpg

May2012 66.jpg

May2012 69.jpg

May2012 74.jpg

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Always now stay at heaven@4 in Bangkok right in Soi 4 Sukhumvit and nearest to the most girl friendly bars and next door to Nana.

In Patts I have always stayed in budget hotels until they could not cope with the smell of previous guests, shame had great rapport with staff.

For my budget now Areca Lodge great hotel treated well, they also treated my GFE well even when I was not there.

Sorry for being a bit slow with replying - kinda the first time I've logged in since getting back from my last trip (you know how it goes.....).

@ Mind is on Soi 4 Second Road.  Same road as Amari Nova Suites.  You have to make sure your driver understands where he's supposed to take you, as nearly every baht-bus, taxi or moto will head for Soi 4 Beach Road instead.

I did like the place but it is a little off the beaten track being on the north side of Pattaya Klang.

I booked online through asiawebdirect.com , the phone number for @ Mind is +66 38 427 777.

Most of the regular booking sites (Agoda etc) should be able to book you a room at a decent price.

attachicon.gifMay2012 13.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 14.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 15.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 16.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 17.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 18.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 19.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 20.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 66.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 69.jpg

attachicon.gifMay2012 74.jpg

Cheers

Perthie

Thanks

Room looks great and a great price, Perthie, but I  try to stay more in the thick of things.

Since my prior trips were all on hotel points (so free), I answered based upon my upcoming reservation, which is for Sea Me Spring at around 2100 baht per night. 

Archived