IGNORED

Immigration shut down another illegal Chinese Call Center situated in Pattaya

Pattaya One

pattya city real estate property condos house sale rent buy jomtien bangkok luxury hotel spa resort store gold silver

Immigration Police have uncovered yet another foreign call center based in Pattaya. Police Colonel Itipon, Deputy Commander of Immigration Region 3 led the operation to shut-down the center on the strength of a search warrant for a property in Nong Pla Lai on the outskirts of Pattaya. Immigration Officers entered the luxury house which had been converted into the call center with living quarters for 26 people on the second floor. Officers arrested nine Chinese nationals and seized equipment such as computers and telephones used by the operators who would attempt to scam money from their fellow countrymen based in China along with others based in Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia and in Thailand from their location in Pattaya. The scam would involve directing the unsuspecting victims to ATM’s where they would unknowingly transfer money to accounts held by the ringleaders of the operation. Officers are still tracking down other’s who are suspected of working at the call center at this time.

BufferPinExt Immigration shut down another illegal Chinese Call Center situated in Pattaya
4ca31ab917f6ffd021d31f6cac57d068
p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting a lot of unknown calls on my mobile...sometimes I'd answer it and then hear a click. The one time there was someone Indian sounding who said they were from MicroSoft and calling about my PC. I'm a full Mac house...not a PC to be seen.

I immediately knew it was a scam (duh). So when I said, "You know you're calling HomelandSecurity" the guy said thank you and hung up.

So now when I see an unknown call, I just answer the phone as "HomelandSecurity". Still a nuisance, but I don't have to hear their crap anymore.