IGNORED

IP Hiding

FatherMojo

Hi Guys,

I use torrents to download/upload movies, TV shows etc. Over the past months I have received 3 letters from my ISP stating that their records show that I have uploaded some video files. Note that they have not complained about each file, just 3. I am not sure if my IP was nabbed and a letter sent to my ISP or if the ISP is monitoring.

Anyway, I am wondering if someone could recommend a way to hide my IP while downloading/uploading.

Thanks,

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

Hi Guys,

I use torrents to download/upload movies, TV shows etc. Over the past months I have received 3 letters from my ISP stating that their records show that I have uploaded some video files. Note that they have not complained about each file, just 3. I am not sure if my IP was nabbed and a letter sent to my ISP or if the ISP is monitoring.

Anyway, I am wondering if someone could recommend a way to hide my IP while downloading/uploading.

Thanks,

FatherMojo

I think you will find that your ISP is required by law to keep a record of your online activity so I think there is no getting around that one.

If an ISP sent me a letter like that I would be finding another ISP. WTF has it got to do with them if you upload videos??? IMO if it is legal and you are within your download/upload limits it is no concern of their's what you do online.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I should have mentioned that it is your ISP that issues your IP address so I can not see how you could hide it from them... :o

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I should have mentioned that it is your ISP that issues your IP address so I can not see how you could hide it from them... :Bitch:

Yep.

I am thinking that the movie firms saw my IP uploading the videos, contacted my ISP who in turn contacted me. As I have been using torrents for 1+ year and the first letter came in April with the most recent in August, I would have thought the ISP would have sent some hate mail months ago. Hence my thoughts on the movie firms sending out letters to the ISP first.

And thanks Braveheart for the link.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

loads of different ones here, http://www.all-vpn.com/

for me I use purevpn.com and for $15 US a month it shows I am sitting back in Blighty to all those that I need a UK IP address for---ebay/amazon/BBC etc etc

There is loads on there with servers all over the world and they will completely hide you from your ISP so you can download what you want with no comeback whatsoever

• 5 weeks later...
loads of different ones here, http://www.all-vpn.com/

for me I use purevpn.com and for $15 US a month it shows I am sitting back in Blighty to all those that I need a UK IP address for---ebay/amazon/BBC etc etc

There is loads on there with servers all over the world and they will completely hide you from your ISP so you can download what you want with no comeback whatsoever

im afraid your wrong in assuming you can hide from your ISP , your ISP can see everything you do simply cos everything you do has to come back to your pc in your house through your ISP connection

if it was that easy to hide then every pedo and hacker and terrorist would be jumping through hoops

My ISP basically stopped me from downloading torrents. They made it so the maximum speed I could download a torrent was 10K. They did this by looking for packets that are typical to Bit torrents and throttled them. To get round this I Installed azureus as my bit torrent client. I then ticked the box to encrypt traffic. This stopped there packet shaping and i'm now back to full speed.......

• 5 months later...

im afraid your wrong in assuming you can hide from your ISP , your ISP can see everything you do simply cos everything you do has to come back to your pc in your house through your ISP connection

if it was that easy to hide then every pedo and hacker and terrorist would be jumping through hoops

If you tunnel your traffic though an encrypted VPN then all the ISP can see are blobs of encrypted data between you and the VPN, they can't see what type of traffic, or what content.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using torrents or limewire? If so I'd suggest you grab peer guardian so it can block out RIAA/MPAA IP addresses. If you can, see if your ISP provides you with newsgroup access and just download what you want from there. There are no IP issues and you get much faster speeds.

• 4 weeks later...

For hiding Peer to Peer activity and from government and spyware websites use PEERGUARDIAN2

for anonymity when serching web from everyone inc your isp use TOR

There is also ways to combine azures with the TOR network to completely block all filesharing activity.

Use of a dynamic IP address would also work, it depends on why you need to hide the address and who from as using a dynamic IP is prob the quickest and easiest option..... remembering your isp wont give out any info about you or what your doing without a court order

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties