IGNORED

Facebook sets 38-dollar share price for record IPO

News Bandit

San Francisco - Facebook on Thursday finalized the price at which it will offer its shares to the public for the first time on Friday in the largest ever initial public offering for a US technology company.

View the full article

I can't actually see it worth being that much, ROI would be too low IMO

and p/e is something like 125, sounds pretty high to me

Sawasdeenews is a free news portal focused on Thailand. At a glance you know what is happening in Siam. Wide range of sources include Bangkok Post, The Nation, Phuket Gazette, The Phuket News, Phuket Wan, Pattaya Daily News, Pattaya One and People.

http://www.sawasdeenews.com/

Dating Site Asia

100 % free dating site

Join now!

http://www.datingsiteasia.com

I think if you had 20k to play with and were willing to risk it you could make some st money off the hype but as another poster pointed out p/e is waaaay up there and honestly how much growth is there left in Facebook, the majority of first world and developing countries are already on it and do you ever look at the ads? I don't

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

1 in evrey 7 minutes world-wide of internet time is on FB, its worth the money, over the years this stock will grow and split just like Microsoft, its so much a part of the net now to suddenly become un-fashionable .

its so much a part of the net now to suddenly become un-fashionable

I agree

So was MySpace, AOL, (altavista anyone?)... Not worth it anywhere close to those prices IMHO.

(yes, I don't like Facebook, I rather meet friends at the bar)

Cheers, lei---

Facebook is a scam.

They dont produce anything except illusion.

This was the most epic IPO of all time.

Facebook absolutely owned JP Morgan and everyone else. They got all the money, floated a lot more shares than they ever thought they would, and the market speculators were left fighting for scraps. haha

Continuing my amusingly funny record of making money from shit stocks, I entered FB at 40 just at opening and got 3 r/t trades before 2pm and made good money on each of them. It's been a while since I trades and these FB trades reminded me of all the gems I traded during the first internet bubble - Worldcom, Lucent, etc. Somehow I magically made money on all those dogs, too.

(yes, I don't like Facebook, I rather meet friends at the bar)

I love these sanctimonious, better-than-though remarks people love to make about social sites.

Or maybe all these people have amazing jobs and can 'meet their friends at the bar' during work hours? And I guess they only have friends in one city and zero friends anywhere else, not to mention in other countries?

Just because you're that lucky doesn't mean the rest of the world is nearly as lucky as you. Social sites are convenient way to see what is going on. Not all of us can fly to Japan to see what our former soccer team teammate is doing and to catch up.

Price FB shares jump up, but at this time fall down already.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Or maybe all these people have amazing jobs and can 'meet their friends at the bar' during work hours? And I guess they only have friends in one city and zero friends anywhere else, not to mention in other countries?

Just because you're that lucky doesn't mean the rest of the world is nearly as lucky as you. Social sites are convenient way to see what is going on. Not all of us can fly to Japan to see what our former soccer team teammate is doing and to catch up.

Well, there's no need to meet "only" during working hours. There's lunch and dinner and afterwork bars and weekends and holidays and days off. There's also phone and mail and skype and whatsapp and twitter and forums and ... I just prefer to meet people face to face and share a beer. Am I lucky? Indeed!

Good you made some (or a lot of) money. Still any IPO is meant to make rich a few over a lot of people under a quite controlled process (I might mot be the brightest mind but have an investment banking, wealth and asset management background btw) Not that it is has to be a zero sum game, but I don't see Facebook being that attractive as an investment. Speculation is different of course. Current valuation carries a big implicit growth I am not buying. Yet, a lot of people are. Up to anyone!!

I am not trying to lecture anyone, but your answer sounded a bit harsh for the relaxed topic to me.

Cheers, lei---

Well, there's no need to meet "only" during working hours. There's lunch and dinner and afterwork bars and weekends and holidays and days off. There's also phone and mail and skype and whatsapp and twitter and forums and ... I just prefer to meet people face to face and share a beer. Am I lucky? Indeed!

Good you made some (or a lot of) money. Still any IPO is meant to make rich a few over a lot of people under a quite controlled process (I might mot be the brightest mind but have an investment banking, wealth and asset management background btw) Not that it is has to be a zero sum game, but I don't see Facebook being that attractive as an investment. Speculation is different of course. Current valuation carries a big implicit growth I am not buying. Yet, a lot of people are. Up to anyone!!

I am not trying to lecture anyone, but your answer sounded a bit harsh for the relaxed topic to me.

Cheers, lei---

The point of Facebook has never been to substitute your bar outing. Facebook is a ghost town at 9pm on a Friday. But most the people in this world spend a lot of time in front of their computers because of work and playing games. Facebook is a quick distraction of fun. I most certainly can't skype and chat on the phone with people when I'm in the office.

It's not about preference. If it was up to my preference, I would be banging perfect 10s and travelling the world right now. But instead, I'm stuck in the office and Facebook is a great distraction.

People keep talking about Facebook being a poor investment as if they are saying something new. In fact, we are not. (yes, it includes me.) They did some opinion polls on this, and about 50% of people feel FB is probably a bad investment even though they like it personally. And this has been reflected on the IPO in some ways, considering that they couldn't even sustain the 38 opening price without the syndicate stepping in.

Every investor is looking at FB, but no one is buying.... sort of like FB ads effectiveness. hahaha

its so much a part of the net now to suddenly become un-fashionable

I agree

I bet you Kodak felt like that for a long time. Now they are down the toilet.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

People keep talking about Facebook being a poor investment as if they are saying something new. In fact, we are not. (yes, it includes me.) They did some opinion polls on this, and about 50% of people feel FB is probably a bad investment even though they like it personally. And this has been reflected on the IPO in some ways, considering that they couldn't even sustain the 38 opening price without the syndicate stepping in.

The syndicate's done its job, me thinks. Related business parties made their big moneis, and now it's all about loading their fees via green shoe. I think they had to step in either or jointly to cover their short position or because they think it's going down big time (that's my bet anyway... if anyones cares, a $38 valuation implies a circa 6% EPS increase forever. I don't see that in a business that has little or no means to push pricing to customers).

Nothing against Facebook myself. I will be in Thailand in August, so if you happen to be also and want to, I will share a beer with you. Of course, at a bar.

Cheers, lei---

I think on valuation, everyone agrees... The market showed us what they think of 38 on Friday. :)

When options become available, I probably won't bother shorting because it will be very expensive to do so. Straddles will likely be expensive as well so I won't do that... It's one of those stocks that may be fun to follow just for entertainment for me...

Like Adam Sandler said in movie funny people...FK Facebook.

cant see it realy growing any bigger just more adds