IGNORED

Sms to to thai phone from pc ?

Is there a internet or pc program where you can send a sms message to a thai phone from you pc in the usa?

I do it with Skype all the time when I'm in the UK, dont see why it shouldn't work in the US.

I think Skype is the best & easiest way. If you havn't used it before its very easy. If you have the number saved and you click on it, the big screen has a writing bar at the bottom. Just type your message and hit return (you will need to have skype credit) on the right hand side of the writing bar it tells you how much the SMS will cost & how many characters you have left to write.

If the number is not saved, then the keypad gives you the option of call or SMS.

When the SMS is received, your skype name will appear on their screen and they cannot SMS you back. If you go into 'skype preferences' and click on 'messages' it gives you the option to send your mobile number. When you supply your mobile number this will come up on their screen and when they hit 'reply' it will be sent to your mobile.

If you know all this just ignore my reply as im not trying to teach you how to suck eggs :-)

LOS. Gotta Love It.

Patapusr

Thanks for the help. I guess i,ll wait till my trip in november and break heart then

My experience from the US is that the Skype SMS function will only work on the DTAC network, not AIS (sorry don't know about True)

Skype to 12Call works from Australia. Maybe you could give it another try.

Amazing it works.... I just use my AIS One to call to sms my thai mobile.... Works,, You have to use Thai sms in your phone and open up AIS website when they asked you for OPT (One time password)... Tried it on Sms box... Only between 1 to 2 baht per message... Cheap shit.. Thanks to OP for bringing that up...

Edited by jocky king

Is there a internet or pc program where you can send a sms message to a thai phone from you pc in the usa?

i use localphone.com costs about 1p a text i believe

Been using Rebtel past 4 years>while in Thailand call or text from my home phone in US {so she does not know my location} also offered lo- cost call option to call within US from Thailand>can work with or without a computer text to AIS .35,&..0299 a minute without connection fee

• 5 weeks later...