IGNORED

Extension of O visa another question

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Advice please chaps. I'm over 50, from the UK with a good pension being paid into my account every month, I have a sizeable wedge in the bank and I'm working for part of the year in Sydney. I had no trouble at all getting my O multi entry visa in Liverpool last September. I am now looking to renew it for another 12 months. I phoned the Thai consulate in Sydney (where I'm currently working), they said come in and discuss it, but they couldnt fathom out how I obtained an O visa...official said "are you married to Thai national"...whats the story guys?

i get one every year from hull just have to show a statement of my bank account showing i have enough funds to support myself in los

i get one every year from hull just have to show a statement of my bank account showing i have enough funds to support myself in los

Cheers buddy your understanding is exactly the same as mine...I intended to renew it back in liverpool in Sep but I won't be going back to the UK as I'm between AUS and THAI, but the advice I got from the Sydney Thai consulate threw me, all I can do is go and visit them and talk it through, but the consulate staff was really surprised that I had been given an O multi visa..."must be married to Thai national" blah...WTF?

The over 50 years old is a separate criteria for the O visa. If you are retired over 50 and can prove a pensionable income all the UK Thai consulates will issue you with an O visa. It matters not you have chosen to work again even though you receive a pension.

The over 50 years old is a separate criteria for the O visa. If you are retired over 50 and can prove a pensionable income all the UK Thai consulates will issue you with an O visa. It matters not you have chosen to work again even though you receive a pension.

Or in some cases they will do that if you are under 50 :)

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

...official said "are you married to Thai national"...whats the story guys?

From what you have written I am going to assume that it is not a retirement visa that you currently have. What the Sydney consulate has told you is correct by the official rules for the non-imm type O visa. Sydney is one of the majority of consulates that apply the correct rules for the visa. Other consulates do not follow the rules and will issue them to any clown ( :P) who can complete the application form. I don't know of any of the consulates in Australia that does this now. Both Perth and Brisbane have done in the past. Perth is now closed and I don't think Brisbane is so easy any more.

Hull in the UK are currently issuing them to people who do not officially qualify.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

From what you have written I am going to assume that it is not a retirement visa that you currently have. What the Sydney consulate has told you is correct by the official rules for the non-imm type O visa. Sydney is one of the majority of consulates that apply the correct rules for the visa. Other consulates do not follow the rules and will issue them to any clown ( :P) who can complete the application form. I don't know of any of the consulates in Australia that does this now. Both Perth and Brisbane have done in the past. Perth is now closed and I don't think Brisbane is so easy any more.

Hull in the UK are currently issuing them to people who do not officially qualify.

Well first of all thanks for the advice guys, sounds Like Sydney are interpreting things more strict than in the UK

Well first of all thanks for the advice guys, sounds Like Sydney are interpreting things more strict than in the UK

From what I have read London is the same so don't try there.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Cheers guys, I'm going to have a talk with Sydney consulate...I will let you know how I get on.

Reports about Hull vary.

Even a Mod' here failed recently to get a One Year Multi Entry Non O from Hull despite having the birth certificates of his 2 children with him.

Basically, you should have evidence of Condo' ownership, or a business (I think) or be properly married to a Thai.

From what the OP has said, his best plan by far would be to simply get a Tourist Visa from Sydney (Multi Entry if possible but....) then come in and apply for a One Year Extension of Stay (Retirement).

Easy Peasy. :hello09:

The rules are the same and haven't been changed either, but they are now being enforced.

Reports about Hull vary.

Even a Mod' here failed recently to get a One Year Multi Entry Non O from Hull despite having the birth certificates of his 2 children with him.

Basically, you should have evidence of Condo' ownership, or a business (I think) or be properly married to a Thai.

From what the OP has said, his best plan by far would be to simply get a Tourist Visa from Sydney (Multi Entry if possible but....) then come in and apply for a One Year Extension of Stay (Retirement).

Easy Peasy. :hello09:

The rules are the same and haven't been changed either, but they are now being enforced.

Thanks for the advice mate... I am really bemused, I thought it would be straight forward. In the UK Liverpool consulate, I simply made an appointment, went in with my passport, sizeable bankbook and pension details..."here is 12 months multi entry O"...so it will be interesting to see how I get on at Sydney Consulate...I will keep you posted.

Reports about Hull vary.

I might be the case that if the person considering the application had sex the night before it is approved. If not the application is not approved...lol