IGNORED

Dental Implants

davevjr

I was just wondering how much the price difference is from the u.s. looking to get dental and I heard sometimes people travel and get the work and save a bundle. I need to save since i don't have insurance and it costs a friggin fortune. SO I am looking to find the price for dental inmplants. if anyones knows a reply would apreciated.

thanks

I looked into it a bit.... no dental insurance covers implants as far as I can tell, which makes it a good target for medical tourism.

HOWEVER... there are some heavy discounters in the USA also, and their prices are very competitive to the prices you find in LOS. If I had to put my money on it, I would go with the USA guys considering the malpractice and insurance situation in the USA and how careful these guys have to be in the USA not to make any mistakes. In LOS, if they screw up you are basically out of luck. On top of that, if you need some adjustment or alteration, you are looking at expensive travel.

So the more I thought about it, the more I am leaning towards a USA based discounter... though I might change my mind 5 times before I finally pull the trigger.... but these are my thoughts right now.

Been here so has my tgf....VERY good

http://www.dentistbe...dental_fees.htm

thanks

I looked into it a bit.... no dental insurance covers implants as far as I can tell, which makes it a good target for medical tourism.

HOWEVER... there are some heavy discounters in the USA also, and their prices are very competitive to the prices you find in LOS. If I had to put my money on it, I would go with the USA guys considering the malpractice and insurance situation in the USA and how careful these guys have to be in the USA not to make any mistakes. In LOS, if they screw up you are basically out of luck. On top of that, if you need some adjustment or alteration, you are looking at expensive travel.

So the more I thought about it, the more I am leaning towards a USA based discounter... though I might change my mind 5 times before I finally pull the trigger.... but these are my thoughts right now.

I have checked USA prices, from what I have seen they are much expensive. But I might try a place in tj, that gets a lot of u.s. patients says the website, but impant is $600, total cost. us is thousands from my research maybe you can enlighten me as to who these discounters are. or if you want i can give alink to the dentist in Tijuana,mx that cost $600.

I have checked USA prices, from what I have seen they are much expensive. But I might try a place in tj, that gets a lot of u.s. patients says the website, but impant is $600, total cost. us is thousands from my research maybe you can enlighten me as to who these discounters are. or if you want i can give alink to the dentist in Tijuana,mx that cost $600.

There are only 3-4(?) implant companies and they all charge a ton of money - regardless of whether they sell to US/Thailand/Mexico. That is the major cost of implants.

There is a thread on Fatwallet about this and there are several dentists mentioned there. However, I will have to look for this thread...

Please provide the link to the place in Tijuana. My guess is that $600 is for the implant without the crown. Crowns are very expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if the total cost/tooth is more than twice that.

Also, keep in mind that you can start a HSA/FSA to get some tax saving advantages. You just need to plan ahead, and maybe do stuff around New Years to use up 2 years of benefits... That will be a huge savings and it doesn't matter if you do it in the US or abroad - but better keep everything documented. And at least for FSA, even your travel expenses can count towards it. Again, need to read up on fine print...

I dropped my search because it seems like implant technology and availability is moving very fast and thinking that prices and options will be getting better and better... plus I'm afraid of dentists as it is :( so it's easy for me to put off things...

There are only 3-4(?) implant companies and they all charge a ton of money - regardless of whether they sell to US/Thailand/Mexico. That is the major cost of implants.

There is a thread on Fatwallet about this and there are several dentists mentioned there. However, I will have to look for this thread...

Please provide the link to the place in Tijuana. My guess is that $600 is for the implant without the crown. Crowns are very expensive and I wouldn't be surprised if the total cost/tooth is more than twice that.

Also, keep in mind that you can start a HSA/FSA to get some tax saving advantages. You just need to plan ahead, and maybe do stuff around New Years to use up 2 years of benefits... That will be a huge savings and it doesn't matter if you do it in the US or abroad - but better keep everything documented. And at least for FSA, even your travel expenses can count towards it. Again, need to read up on fine print...

I dropped my search because it seems like implant technology and availability is moving very fast and thinking that prices and options will be getting better and better... plus I'm afraid of dentists as it is :( so it's easy for me to put off things...

here it is

http://www.dentaldepartures.com/dentists/mexico/tijuana+/clinica+dental+tijuana/

i think you might be right about the crown, I actually saw several prices so I am kinda confused. well check it out

Their prices are not very well listed and they don't mention what products they actually use... Crown/etc will cost about 500-1000 on top of the implant looking at their price sheet.

It's a pretty varied procedure with quite a few combinations of various options. Different implants have different rejection rates, etc.

What is very nice about the Bangkok places is that there is a lot of price transparency. They just list all their prices and and all their promotions on their web sites. US dentists and some of the other countries tend to obfuscate all the pertinent info and play all sorts of games. Here is one example of a BKK place... the only thing they don't list is if they have that special 3D scanner that improves success rates... maybe they don't have it.

Their prices are not very well listed and they don't mention what products they actually use... Crown/etc will cost about 500-1000 on top of the implant looking at their price sheet.

It's a pretty varied procedure with quite a few combinations of various options. Different implants have different rejection rates, etc.

What is very nice about the Bangkok places is that there is a lot of price transparency. They just list all their prices and and all their promotions on their web sites. US dentists and some of the other countries tend to obfuscate all the pertinent info and play all sorts of games. Here is one exampleof a BKK place... the only thing they don't list is if they have that special 3D scanner that improves success rates... maybe they don't have it.

I am not sure which one will apply to me. it looks like it translates to aroud $2000 and change. From what I have seen in the u.s. a la carte. any prep wqrk proir to implant is billed seperately. is bkk like theat too?

I thought all impants needed to have a base put in for at least 6 months for it to settle in before they put the top on it

I'm a dental technician I make the prosthetics put onto implants. I also work for a dental company that makes/sells implants.

I just wouldn't do it.. mind you nor would I go to most dentists in Australia that insert implants. The failure rate on poor work is so high you would be shocked.

Even in Australia dentists with dollar signs in their eye will put the wrong implant into a jaw without sufficient bone structure and density to retain the implant.

Something else to consider most the the crown and bridge work i've see out of Thailand is... in a word shit. Having poorly occluded dental work ontop of implants greatly increases the failure rate.

...and the major cost of implants as with all dental work is the dentists chair time...

I'm a dental technician I make the prosthetics put onto implants. I also work for a dental company that makes/sells implants.

I just wouldn't do it.. mind you nor would I go to most dentists in Australia that insert implants. The failure rate on poor work is so high you would be shocked.

Even in Australia dentists with dollar signs in their eye will put the wrong implant into a jaw without sufficient bone structure and density to retain the implant.

Something else to consider most the the crown and bridge work i've see out of Thailand is... in a word shit. Having poorly occluded dental work ontop of implants greatly increases the failure rate.

...and the major cost of implants as with all dental work is the dentists chair time...

what do you recommend if your on a budget

a crown can cost u 200$ in Pattaya

can cost 100$ in PI