IGNORED

Travelbag.com - avoid at all costs

socrates

Gents - sorry for the length of this post

Just thought I would warn you about an outfit called Travelbag.com will call them TB from now on

Like most people I constantly monitor flight prices for my planned trips to Thailand

I only fly direct with Thai Airways and up until Thursday last week prices were around £850 for my dates

I perform my usual search with Skyscanner (as well as a few others) all of a sudden I see TB price

£664 - I'm on it - go through 15 minutes of registering and paying - get an email

Booking Request Acknowledged

Please note a customer services representative will now contact you regarding your booking.

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for choosing Travelbag for your flights, please take time to read the below information carefully. Your reservation arrangements are now being finalised and you will be contacted by a consultant, either by email or by telephone, within the next 72 hours to confirm your arrangements.

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call on 0871 703 4697.

Subject to the authorisation and quality checking of your booking we will send you confirmation details and your ticket. Your ticket will contain all of your flight information and your luggage allowance for your flights. This e-mail does not constitute a ticket

Kind regards,

After reading this I knew what was coming next - the following day I get a call

Good afternoon Sir this is TB - you made a booking yesterday - unfortunately this price band of seats is unavailable (surprise surprise) however we can offer your initial requirements at £910

No thanks - but I like your little scam

What scam is that sir

Get people to enter all their details by advertising prices for flights you cannot honour - even though next to the price there is a green ticket that says LIVE

Anyway I will add your outfit to my list of messers

You do that

and puts the phone down - no mention of a refund or what happens to my details on their site

Next day I visit Skyscanner again - guess who is there again advertising the same flight now at the lower price of £644 - I think you already know

T fucking B

This time I check their site - same flight same price £644

I get on the phone - smarmy cunt answers - I explain the situation

Yes sir - you see what happens we update our site twice a day - so that price may have been available this morning but as it stands now it is not available - however I can offer you that flight at £850

So what time is your next update?

Usually after hours - sir

So I go online tonight and whatever price it says that is the price - especially with the green tick next to it that says - live?

No sir - when we come into work tomorrow - we match up last nights bookings with the prices we are given by Thai Air in the morning

Here is the classic line from him

Thai Air put the prices on our site - when we contact them - these may not be their prices at the time as they are constantly updating them

So let me get this straight mate - there is a particular flight with maybe 100 seats available and the prices are going up and down like a tarts knickers all day and all night - yet every other agent has them at around the same price up or down and they are all between £150-£200 more expensive than you - and when someone does try to book with you - your ACTUAL price is in line with the rest

Yes sir - thats correct - so why advertise the flights at lower prices

As I said sir - Thai Air put the prices on our site!!

OK I will be sure to recommend your services to all my friends who travel to Thailand

So regarding my Credit Card charges - when are they refunded?

we do not charge your card - as the booking was not confirmed

Really? funny that I checked with Barclaycard and its there

OH - I will get accounts to call you

Needless to say 5 days later - no call

OK so back on Skyscanner to look for my flight - now 2 companies appear with the same price

Budget Air and TB - £644

BA charge 25p a minute for calls - I find a landline on SAYNOTO0870 - and funnily enough it is on their site - I check them out on the net and the only complaint is about the telephone charges

I call them (Dutch outfit)

Hi firstly are you anything to do with TB

TB

yes TB

No sir - why

No problem - you have a flight to Thailand on Skyscanner - is the price advertised available?

Yes sir - if it has a green tick its live

OK so I spend 10 minutes booking a ticket - very smooth - another thing I like is they only charge £4.95 for CC and you can use PayPal - again £4.95 - I like PP if people fuck you about in my opinion it is easier to get a charge back than from your CC Company - who want you to send them a letter or a fax - FAX? I have not even seen one since the late 80's

At least with PP you can do it all online and if the other side play silly buggers you get your money back anyway from PP

Within 1 minute I get my confirmation from BA with my eTicket

Next call Thai Air to confirm the Flight Reference is legit

Its all good

Sorry for the long post at all costs

AVOID TRAVELBAG.COM - they are officially CUNTS OF THE WEEK!!!!!

Edited by socrates

surprised that you got a good deal with ba everytime i saw a cheap deal with them on sky scanner the price went up a few hundred pound when i went to their website , so eventually i googled them for reviews and found this http://www.trustpilo...budgetair.co.uk

but looks like you have nothing to worry about as its been confirmed by Thai Air

there seems to be a few like travel bag that work this way probably all part of the same company

Edited by shrimp.mcfc

Fucking bait and switch there are some real fucking scum bag places out there .

THEY MUST THINK THE WHOLE WORLD IS STUPID ?

Glad you caught on fast good for you . fuck em .shame on them .

Warm regards

Cappy

Gents - sorry for the length of this post

Just thought I would warn you about an outfit called Travelbag.com will call them TB from now on

Like most people I constantly monitor flight prices for my planned trips to Thailand

I only fly direct with Thai Airways and up until Thursday last week prices were around £850 for my dates

I perform my usual search with Skyscanner (as well as a few others) all of a sudden I see TB price

£664 - I'm on it - go through 15 minutes of registering and paying - get an email

Booking Request Acknowledged

Please note a customer services representative will now contact you regarding your booking.

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for choosing Travelbag for your flights, please take time to read the below information carefully. Your reservation arrangements are now being finalised and you will be contacted by a consultant, either by email or by telephone, within the next 72 hours to confirm your arrangements.

Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] or call on 0871 703 4697.

Subject to the authorisation and quality checking of your booking we will send you confirmation details and your ticket. Your ticket will contain all of your flight information and your luggage allowance for your flights. This e-mail does not constitute a ticket

Kind regards,

After reading this I knew what was coming next - the following day I get a call

Good afternoon Sir this is TB - you made a booking yesterday - unfortunately this price band of seats is unavailable (surprise surprise) however we can offer your initial requirements at £910

No thanks - but I like your little scam

What scam is that sir

Get people to enter all their details by advertising prices for flights you cannot honour - even though next to the price there is a green ticket that says LIVE

Anyway I will add your outfit to my list of messers

You do that

and puts the phone down - no mention of a refund or what happens to my details on their site

Next day I visit Skyscanner again - guess who is there again advertising the same flight now at the lower price of £644 - I think you already know

T fucking B

This time I check their site - same flight same price £644

I get on the phone - smarmy cunt answers - I explain the situation

Yes sir - you see what happens we update our site twice a day - so that price may have been available this morning but as it stands now it is not available - however I can offer you that flight at £850

So what time is your next update?

Usually after hours - sir

So I go online tonight and whatever price it says that is the price - especially with the green tick next to it that says - live?

No sir - when we come into work tomorrow - we match up last nights bookings with the prices we are given by Thai Air in the morning

Here is the classic line from him

Thai Air put the prices on our site - when we contact them - these may not be their prices at the time as they are constantly updating them

So let me get this straight mate - there is a particular flight with maybe 100 seats available and the prices are going up and down like a tarts knickers all day and all night - yet every other agent has them at around the same price up or down and they are all between £150-£200 more expensive than you - and when someone does try to book with you - your ACTUAL price is in line with the rest

Yes sir - thats correct - so why advertise the flights at lower prices

As I said sir - Thai Air put the prices on our site!!

OK I will be sure to recommend your services to all my friends who travel to Thailand

So regarding my Credit Card charges - when are they refunded?

we do not charge your card - as the booking was not confirmed

Really? funny that I checked with Barclaycard and its there

OH - I will get accounts to call you

Needless to say 5 days later - no call

OK so back on Skyscanner to look for my flight - now 2 companies appear with the same price

Budget Air and TB - £644

BA charge 25p a minute for calls - I find a landline on SAYNOTO0870 - and funnily enough it is on their site - I check them out on the net and the only complaint is about the telephone charges

I call them (Dutch outfit)

Hi firstly are you anything to do with TB

TB

yes TB

No sir - why

No problem - you have a flight to Thailand on Skyscanner - is the price advertised available?

Yes sir - if it has a green tick its live

OK so I spend 10 minutes booking a ticket - very smooth - another thing I like is they only charge £4.95 for CC and you can use PayPal - again £4.95 - I like PP if people fuck you about in my opinion it is easier to get a charge back than from your CC Company - who want you to send them a letter or a fax - FAX? I have not even seen one since the late 80's

At least with PP you can do it all online and if the other side play silly buggers you get your money back anyway from PP

Within 1 minute I get my confirmation from BA with my eTicket

Next call Thai Air to confirm the Flight Reference is legit

Its all good

Sorry for the long post at all costs

AVOID TRAVELBAG.COM - they are officially CUNTS OF THE WEEK!!!!!

Its late But i have more on TB in short thery r shit will come back when i wake up

TB have been around a long time as well, remember them from the mid 90's when I was looking to book a trip to Oz.

I had the same thing a few months back when booking with Budgetair, thought I had a confirmed flight, about £480 with Emirates, paid by debit card, printed out my itinary then they called me the next day to blame Emirates saying the flight was no longer available at that price.

I did get a flight at that price with WestEast so I will stick with them from now on.

Travelbag are fine........

Some of you guys need to realise that how they operate is identical to other online agents........

Yes they need to match fares and in 99% of cases they do......

On occasion it goes wrong. Have had around 24 returns from these guys without any problem.

I had the same thing happen with TB. I booked online thinking everything was ok then before the 72 hour mark got the call telling me the same thing but because i needed to fly on the flight that i already thought i was booked on paid the extra.Then the fella who called me started to make out like he was doing me a big favor booking me the same ticket which i thought i had already in my mind had already booked to which i told him so in a calm but very patronising way. Anyway i got the details emailed to me checked them to which the AHOLE at TB put MRS instead of MR knowing that when i got to the airport may cause me problems.So i called him back told him what he had done and he just diddnt seem to care told me he would ammend it for me (which he never did and i had to do myself with TA) so i am in the same boat as you socrates with regards to booking with TB again which is a shame because i have always used them before and it makes me wonder how many other people they have used this little ploy on.

Edited by stanly73

Hi,

Exactly the same happened to me, I booked with Travelbag to come home on the Thai Airways flight that gets in early morning, they rang on Monday, as I had booked over the weekend and said the flight was no longer available and I had to get the later flight. Yet on the website it had been available, plus I checked the Thai Airways website after I had booked using their booking reference and it said it was confirmed. Travelbag are scammers avoid.

I've noticed on Skyscammer that I can get a Qantas flight via Edreams cheaper than with Qantas direct.

anyone used Edreams before.

Feedback appreciated.

Used TB without problems about 10 years ago ...... but in recent years not found them competitive on price .....

SJL

I use baa heathrow site to book my fights to Thailand and Philippines and had good prices and no problems, you can compare prices, flights and airlines to get a good deal its run by last minute.com

So have you got your money back from TB yet?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Yeah just got it returned - after another call

Now I am waiting for Budget Air to fuck up even though I have a booking reference etc confirmed by Thai Air

I can then make them Cunts of the Week - next week!

Yes had exactly the same experience with that outfit. Turned it to quite a spat but managed to get all the bookings through them cancelled and got Thai Airways direct in the end.