IGNORED

maxxcentral

meaty

im thinking of staying at maxxcentral but most of the info is a couple of years old and a bit confusing,can anyone that has stayed there recently give me some info on what it was like,thanks in advance

Where is it?

I've actually never seen it or heard about it before.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

its just off 3rd road,it does have a webpage and looks good but some threads on site made me think twice about staying there

I went to view this place last january and it's a bit of a treck off 3rd road.

It looks ok, it was full when i went to look and has security entrance, never got to see the rooms but it is a bit of a walk down a quiet road so you would definately need some form of transport, unless your flush and can afford taxi's every time.

i have seen maxx place the guesthouse for sale about 6-9 months ago, it is the same owner.

would not be surprised if he sold both, because from what i know he was "moving" towards some financial difficulties.

site has not been updated for years, so something is not right

I've stayed there. The place is fine. The only issue I had was with the fingerprint readers to get in. Sometimes they just wouldn't work but the security guard was there to let you in the front door anyway. Problem was if you had parked in the underground parking you'd have to walk back up to the main entrance. The pool is small but I'm not a swimmer anyway. Was quiet and close enough to walk to Soi Buahkhow and the old Carrefour on Pattaya Klang.

Dont stay there terrible place, i was supposed to stay there fore 2 months last year but checked out after a month its the noisiest place ive ever stayed in theres 2 thai karioke bars close by that stay open very very late and also a thai club..worst sleep ever..then the owner charged me more because i only stayed for 1 month,,i wouldnt recommend..!!

• 2 months later...

So much noisy? I was looking this hotel. I think it has good prices for the rooms I see on its site, but the problem I was thinking was the distance from the beach. Now you say about noise...hmmmm

Was looking at this place for my next stay coming up. over the past 10 days I sent them 1 request from the web page and two from email.

still no reply.

this always worries me.

don't think I'll stay now even if they reply.

just fyi

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

i have the same story as philobert sent them two emails with no reply so i am looking for some thing around soi buahkhow

I sent them email and got reply in 3 days. Also went to look the place. Overall looked nice, even classy, but didn't like the fact that it was like 300meters or so from 3rd road. If it was located right next to 3rd or at least even a little bit closer I might have booked it for 1 months. Now decided to stay at here Diana-Oasis.

I wrote:

Do you have any studio-rooms available between September 9 - October 11 ?

What price can you offer for this time period?

What is the electricity rate, how many baht per unit?

Is there only LAN-cable/internet connection in rooms? Not wifi?

Answer was:

Thank you very much for your room request at MAXXCENTRAL. We still have a studio apartment available in your requested period which we can offer you today as follows:

Room Type: MAXXCENTRAL Studio Apartment

Time Period: 09-SEP-2012 till 11-OCT-2012 (1 month flat rate, 2 extension days)

Room Rate: 13,500 Baht / month (incl. Services and Tax), plus water and electricity upon usage

450 Baht / extension day (incl. Services and Tax), plus water and electricity upon usage

Room service: 2-times per week at 1,200 Baht/month or daily at 2,500 Baht/month

Cable-TV: included 60+ channels!

Internet in room: included unlimited free of charge!

MAXXCENTRAL offers a hardwired LAN connection in all units which is more reliable than any WIFI connection. But since this month we also offer WIFI in the building. The electricity is 7 baht per unit.

If you want to book one of the apartments just send us another email with your expected arrival time.

We would appreciate to welcome you soon as our guest at MAXXCENTRAL and remain

with our best regards

from the Land Of Smiles

Ralf E. H. Haberl

MAXXCENTRAL

3rd Road Soi 14

20150 Chonburi (Pattaya-City)

Phone: +66 (0)8 4009 7009

Phone: +66 (0)38 414400

Fax: +66 (0)38 414422

www.maxxcentral.com

email: [email protected]

Edited by Jake74

Thanks for that will try then again

Anyone will say more about the noise? Is there also on the up floors or just on the first second floor? I sent email on January and they answer after a week or so. They answer but late. And late for many people who find another hotel before they answer and this is bad for them. But I think they go well as hotel and they are full all year. Also nice rooms as all say.

Please someone that was recently there, write about the noise and the kind of it...

Edited by KetVak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They have to answer my email 1 month. Last year they answered me in 5 days only.

Also I send them second mail from their reservations page but no response.

I think something changed these last months. Maybe they sold many rooms so now they have very little number of them, so if they ar full booked they not answer...I do not know what to think.

And my question is :

Is there anyone that send these 2 last months mail to them? Did they answer you?

Edited by patatas

As I posted earlier I was still waiting for a reply.

I never did get one.

Will be staying at another place.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

IMHO this is the best place to stay in Patts.

I always rent a scooter so being just off 3rd Ave is fine for me.

The prices are good and the deco is excellent.

The 1 bed room apatrments are fantastic.

Reception staff are very pleasant

and there is a basement carpark entrance to avoid the walk of shamr.

The problem is.. its very popular, a lot of customers will book up for 6 months or more.

I have seen Ralfs ( the german owner) availability calender on his ipad.. and it is choc-a-block.

Its very annoying I know , not being able to get availability online or instant/ same day replies to your emails,

but when youre full, youre ful.. and I know he is also aboit to start a new hotel, so he may be too busy to reply .

I myself usually phone him to see if he has room for me in his hotel Maxxcentral or his excellent guesthouse MaxxPlace