IGNORED

iOS Vs Android - Smackdown!

houst0n

Always interesting to hear how you people are currently feeling about this!

What are you running in your pants? :}

Do any of you do mobile dev?

I have:

- a personal Galaxy S II (which I really liked to begin with, but then I got...)

- a work iPhone (which blows the S2 out of the water with software quality, and I've even started learning Obj-C and XCode)

I've had Nokia smartphones, Symbian and a Palm - once I switched to the iPhone I never went back. My ex uses a Samsung Galaxy and throws it across the room...(probably the only smart thing she's ever done)

But to be fair, to each their own.

I don't want to pimp every corner of my phone, nor run it like a laptop with every possible app possible. I just want my music, my notes and the web at my fingertips...and iOS suits my style pretty well.

Edited by Woofiee

• 2 weeks later...

Dimensions, weight and battery life pretty much the same

HDMI output to TV for movies and recording

Dual cameras for Skype

Can add MicroSD (at the moment upto 32 Gb to expand onboard memory)

Can plug in USB devices (MASSIVE plus over Ipads), will except other Micros SD cards and external HDDs (I recently used an external 1Tb hard disk as well)

Can remote to work computers via Citrix if need be

I can write my own Apps for it

By the way those MicroSD cards also are interchangeable in my cameras and phones so not a wasted cost

AND I'm not Apples bitch, will never be censored by Apple, will not be subject to Apples whims and arbitrary price rises (which will come at some stage)

And more importantly be able to write and distibute Apps without Apples permission (they are well known for suppressing apps where they maybe in competition with Apple or which Apple thinks may make them more money if they pinch the idea and suppress yours)

I don't find cloud storage a must at all. I cope very well without it and also I don't trust the security of them (especially if they are located in the US, their privacy laws less strict than ours)

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Once you get yourself an iphone, you 'll never want another brand.

It somehow creates needs that you didn't have before! I am upgrading those iphones since iphone 3G!

Once you get yourself an iphone, you 'll never want another brand.

Of course not you'll have to pay for every thing again because it won't work on the majority of devices

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

Of course not you'll have to pay for every thing again because it won't work on the majority of devices

Unfortunatelly that's a big truth my friend.

Apple success !

Unfortunatelly that's a big truth my friend.

Apple success !

The majority being Android of course, remember Samsungs phone sales alone match apples, btw how many of the list I put above can iOS devices do?

While you are dependant on connections to watch/listen/read anything, I just pop in another card or plug it into the usb.....

Edited by Arms

The majority being Android of course, remember Samsungs phone sales alone match apples, btw how many of the list I put above can iOS devices do?

While you are dependant on connections to watch/listen/read anything, I just pop in another card or plug it into the usb.....

Apple is very limited in many things but i can't say that i have missed something that android does...

Maybe one thing-- The wifi unlocker (which was banned after some days)