IGNORED

Areca Lodge

LarryLarry

So I just reserved a room at the Areca Lodge. A delux room with pool view and breakfast included was 2300bht. In addition they have a manditory New years Eve dinner that is 1700bht. All in all I feel its a little expensive, I am more comfortable at the 1500bht per night range. BTW my travel dates are in high season over Xmas and NYE and I will be staying for 17 days. I usually stay at the Dynasty Inn (1480 bht per night) but having a difficult time getting the accomadations I want.

So my questions is to the fellows that have stayed here are:

1-is that a resonable deal?

2-How is the breakfast is it worth it, can I get the room with out the breakie, and what time is it served till as I am not an early riser?

3-How is the gym? (I usually train at California WOW or Tonys. If The gym is fairly good- like say the one at DIG in BKK that would make it worth it right there for me).

4- Whats the pool scene like? Will they hassel me if some friends of mine who are not staying at the hotel come by to hang out with me.

5- WTF is up with this NYE gala?

Thanks guys really looking looking forward to hearing your input as I have to put down a deposit this week if they are to hold the rooms. On another note do you fellows notice alot of hotels getting booked up fairly early for the Xmas hoilday this year?

Cheers

Edited by LarryLarry

The compulsory Christmas/NYE dinners are a rort, and on principle I would refuse to stay in any hotel that requires it.

Areca Lodge breakfast was always way too early for me, I think they have brought it in from a 10.30am finish to 10am (stand to be corrected)

The pools are the best features of the Areca, Front pool (gets a lot of shade) and a back pool (gets a lot of sun). Deck-chairs are always tough to get, especially at that time of year.

They normally requires visitors to pay 150B to use the pool. Perhaps you could sneak a friend in, but I would hate to be staying there as a paying customer when three or four of your mates rock up and start using the pool while I'm there.

Gym is adequate for a quick work-out (bike and a few sets) but it is nothing special.

I agree with Mark. Any hotel insisting on a compulsory NY or Xmas dinner would be immediately off my list.

I'm not a fan of Areca Lodge anyway, as it has a joiner fee for a 2nd girl and refuses any girl under 20. They seem to be catering for the family/couples market rather than mongers.

The breakfast is good. I don't remember exactly the time to which breakfast is ended, but I think it's about 10 o'clock.

For the swimming pools look at the pics :

First pool :

areca1.jpg

Second pool :

areca2.jpgareca3.jpg

I agree with Mark. Any hotel insisting on a compulsory NY or Xmas dinner would be immediately off my list.

I'm not a fan of Areca Lodge anyway, as it has a joiner fee for a 2nd girl and refuses any girl under 20. They seem to be catering for the family/couples market rather than mongers.

Brewster is that joiner fee for 3some?

Brewster is that joiner fee for 3some?

I suggest you do the maths :SoWhat1:

I agree with Brewster. It's been some time ago, now, but I ran into trouble with Areca's guest policy. And, as far as I know, it hasn't changed. ( See http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/57451-areca-lodge-guest-restrictions/ ) I would think most BM's would avoid Areca just as a matter of principle. Too bad, because they do have nice rooms and nice pools. But there are plenty of other options nearby.

Bakwan

@Bakwan thank you for your input and the link as well.

Although the pool looks great, (thanks Buzz747 , Mark70 and Brewster) if I can find other accomadations I will. As I mentioned in my orginal post I would perfer something a bit cheeper (1500bht) and the extras that would balance out the additional expense don't seem to add up for me. I like the location around soi 13 as its right between Soi Bukhio and Walking Street and California WOW is right there too. I might add that I am not above a 5AM cheseburger from McD's as I stagger home so that s also right there.

As an alternitive has any one stayed at the new wing of the Lek? I always did like the pool there.

Thanks you all

cheers

if I can find other accomadations I will. As I mentioned in my orginal post I would perfer something a bit cheeper (1500bht)

Larry....

You should consider Nature View hotel on Soi Buakhao (at the intersection of Soi Buakhao and Soi 15 - Soi 15 runs right behind Areca Lodge between Soi Buakhao and "The Avenue" where WOW & McD are located). It's a nice hotel with nice rooms and a good pool. The only downside is that WiFi is only available in the lobby. Breakfast is not included, but the room rates are quite reasonable. Their Website leaves a lot to be desired, and the room rates are from 2011 but I don't think they've changed ( See: http://www.natureviewpattaya.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=10 ). I prefer the "Pool View" rooms which are on the back side, away from the street, overlooking the pool.

Bakwan

@Bakwan thank you for your input and the link as well.

Although the pool looks great, (thanks Buzz747 , Mark70 and Brewster) if I can find other accomadations I will. As I mentioned in my orginal post I would perfer something a bit cheeper (1500bht) and the extras that would balance out the additional expense don't seem to add up for me. I like the location around soi 13 as its right between Soi Bukhio and walking street and California WOW is right there too. I might add that I am not above a 5AM cheseburger from McD's as I stagger home so that s also right there.

As an alternitive has any one stayed at the new wing of the Lek? I always did like the pool there.

Thanks you all

cheers

you're welcome

Well I was there last October and had a whole different experience. Maybe it's different in the Acera and Corona section, but I stayed at the Acera Evergreen Tower at the back, and they were fantastic. Staff really friendly, no joiner fees, inc 2nd girl. In fact they even told me I could have another girl in the room (laughing about it). The room standard was excellent. It was a bit more expensive than most of the other hotels but I got loads of space, nice kingsize bed and another single bed, great ensuite bathroom with shower and sep toilet. I won't even think about going anywhere else on my next visit.

i stayed at areca wing in february. i had a great time. they did have a 20 year age restriction. but, w.t.f. its patts, plenty over 19 to choose from. one note is a lot of nicer hotels now have the same age policy. areca had a great breakfast. i am 48, and like to party, but i did make it down every morning. 10 am is the end of breakfast. great staff clean rooms, and absolutely no complaints. i would stay there again in a heartbeat. one tip= join the ace club upon checkin. 800 baht fee, but you recieve 200 baht discount per night, 15% off food and non booze. great swimming pools as well. i would stay there again, but next visit is long term and am booked into china garden. also many many return guests that i met there. some for 25 years.

i stayed at areca wing in february. i had a great time. they did have a 20 year age restriction. but, w.t.f. its patts, plenty over 19 to choose from. one note is a lot of nicer hotels now have the same age policy. areca had a great breakfast. i am 48, and like to party, but i did make it down every morning. 10 am is the end of breakfast. great staff clean rooms, and absolutely no complaints. i would stay there again in a heartbeat. one tip= join the ace club upon checkin. 800 baht fee, but you recieve 200 baht discount per night, 15% off food and non booze. great swimming pools as well. i would stay there again, but next visit is long term and am booked into china garden. also many many return guests that i met there. some for 25 years.

I just don't like any hotel telling me who I can and cannot bring back to my room. If the girl is of legal age, it's none of their fucking business.

I've never had any problems here in fact security have helped me bring in girls the back way to avoid being spotted out front.

I understand if you want to bring in someone under 20yrs there is a problem, but i prefer mine to be over 20 anyway

So I just reserved a room at the Areca Lodge. A delux room with pool view and breakfast included was 2300bht. In addition they have a manditory New years Eve dinner that is 1700bht. All in all I feel its a little expensive, I am more comfortable at the 1500bht per night range. BTW my travel dates are in high season over Xmas and NYE and I will be staying for 17 days. I usually stay at the Dynasty Inn (1480 bht per night) but having a difficult time getting the accomadations I want.

So my questions is to the fellows that have stayed here are:

1-is that a resonable deal?

2-How is the breakfast is it worth it, can I get the room with out the breakie, and what time is it served till as I am not an early riser?

3-How is the gym? (I usually train at California WOW or Tonys. If The gym is fairly good- like say the one at DIG in BKK that would make it worth it right there for me).

4- Whats the pool scene like? Will they hassel me if some friends of mine who are not staying at the hotel come by to hang out with me.

5- WTF is up with this NYE gala?

Thanks guys really looking looking forward to hearing your input as I have to put down a deposit this week if they are to hold the rooms. On another note do you fellows notice alot of hotels getting booked up fairly early for the Xmas hoilday this year?

Cheers

1 - it's "luxury hotel", so rooms are a little bit old, but good quality (you know that feeling of luxury hotels, these Hiltons etc. always have a little bit old rooms, but everything else is perfect)

2 - breakfast - don't know

3 - gym - nothing special, but seems good, you can find some photos at their website

4 - pool scene - very good, look at the pictures, they have two pools, one for resting another for swimming, but even this for swimming isn't boring and there are some "chair bubbles" etc., if you go to pool, you sign some form at pool and they give you towel, ash trash and something else (for free), when you're leaving you give it back to them, if you take somebody else with you to pool (who is not accommodated in Areca Lodge), they have to pay 200baht, you can order food and drinks from restaurant at pool area and sit here&eat&drink&rest

5 - NYE gala don't know

New year Eve dinner - yes, I have to pay also 1500baht for this, you can buy two tickets and take some lady with you (like I did), but I don't recommend this, cause there's no fun (some thai music and lady screaming numbers of room who won something), food is nothing special, you have to pay for drinks and ladies don't like this event, cause it's full of families with children and they don't feel well here

2012-03-13_160433.jpg

I just don't like any hotel telling me who I can and cannot bring back to my room. If the girl is of legal age, it's none of their fucking business.

I agree with you 100% bro so dont take this post as anything against what you say, I am simply covering it as you mention the word "legal".

It is actually none of the hotels business REGARDLESS of her age, I mean that in the "legal" sense, subject to the booking contract. Clearly (in a place like Pattaya) we would hopefully be given "sensible advice" regarding girls ages.

If you have booked double occupancy they should adhere to that. They are however perfectly entitled to have their own internal policies regarding anything "outside" the contract (i.e. double occupancy means two people not 3) just as we have the right to choose to take our business elsewhere.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

1 - it's "luxury hotel", so rooms are a little bit old, but good quality (you know that feeling of luxury hotels, these Hiltons etc. always have a little bit old rooms, but everything else is perfect)

When was the last time you stayed there?

If I recall correctly, they completed a renovation/refurbishment of the Corona and Areca Wings last year. Some new fittings, lick of paint, floorings etc

When was the last time you stayed there?

If I recall correctly, they completed a renovation/refurbishment of the Corona and Areca Wings last year. Some new fittings, lick of paint, floorings etc

New Year Eve 2011/2012, Corona

2012-03-13_160433.jpg

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I was able to make a reservation at my old haute the Dynasty Inn. I had to contact them by phone and speak with the manager to get what I wanted and I did get a confermation Email from them. I took a standard room at 1480bht per night, which really suits my budget.This is my 8th trip to Pats and have walked by the Areca countless times and always liked it. This trip I am going to go check out the place while I am in town, go see the gym and maybe spend a day by the pool. Again Thank you all

I have been there 2 times and it was great every time. Very clean and close to every nice spot.

good hotel for $ 2xgyms crap!!! rooms nice,fantastic location would stop there again

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on staying at Areca too as it seems to be the best place for facilities and location. I don't care about the age or too many girl issue. One is enough for me.

i stayed at Areca 2 nights last february...Very good location, nice hotel and nice room but i hated the fact that it was full of russian tourists and that i had to wait to be able to have a seat in the breakfast area because of the same russians...

My favorite is China Garden now, much cheaper and more mongerers as guests there...

Edited by Rebell

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

• 2 weeks later...

The Evergreen Wing is excellent. However the wif-fi in the rooms in really slow.

But they do have cables available at the receptions for a slighly faster connection.