IGNORED

while waiting for a decision on a Partner Visa can your wife leave Australia

size13shoes

Greetings all

Ok your fiancé has been granted a Prospective Marriage Visa, she has entered Australia and you have married and lodged your Partner Visa before the 9 months is up !

My question is can she leave Australia and return to Australia before you get a decision on your Partner Visa?

Do you automatically get a bridging visa with the same conditions as your Prospective Marraige Visa while the decision is being made on your Partneter Visa or do you have to apply for one to leave the country?

I believe she will be able to leave australia and come back without any problems. If in doubt call DIAC and ask them

1127 partner booklet for visa.pdf

Hi size 13 shoes,

m8 pretty sure it's ok , you can be in Australia or oversea's when a permanent residence visa is granted, but on the prospective marriage visa i think you will be waiting for a temporary residence visa, so it is a bit unclear,

In Booklet 1 page 46 from the immigration department they say to inform them of your travel plans, so i would try and talk to someone there to make 100% sure.

I have added a link at the top

Edited by rickyt

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I'd make 100% sure first that she has some kind of re-entry visa, she sure doesn't want to be piss farting around at the Aust Emm in BKK trying to get a visa to return to Oz.

Hi All

I spoke to Immigration they told me while the Prospective Marriage visa is still valid she can leave and return to Australia while you are waiting for a decision on the Partner Visa.

When it expires and you are waiting for a decision on the Partner Visa your wife is on what they call a “Bridging A Visa” which travel out of Australia is not permitted as re-entry will not be allowed.

Before leaving Australia a “Bridging B Visa” needs to be applied for costing around $125 AUS (form 1006) and you will virtually get a decision immediately if approved or not. Generally this will not be granted for a long period of time I think up to 3 months of travel out of Australia.

Thank you for your replies and help

Hi All

I spoke to Immigration they told me while the Prospective Marriage visa is still valid she can leave and return to Australia while you are waiting for a decision on the Partner Visa.

When it expires and you are waiting for a decision on the Partner Visa your wife is on what they call a “Bridging A Visa” which travel out of Australia is not permitted as re-entry will not be allowed.

Before leaving Australia a “Bridging B Visa” needs to be applied for costing around $125 AUS (form 1006) and you will virtually get a decision immediately if approved or not. Generally this will not be granted for a long period of time I think up to 3 months of travel out of Australia.

Thank you for your replies and help

Yes, much better to talk to the organ grinder...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 1 month later...

I believe she will be able to leave australia and come back without any problems. If in doubt call DIAC and ask them

Not true!!

When applying for a partner visa she is granted a BVA, to be permitted re-entry she is required to apply for a BVB specifying the time she wishes to be away. Cost about $130,