IGNORED

Spanish Grand Prix 2012

chris2004

I thought Hamilton did well to get pole in the race today BUT wtf a 24 place penalty for low fuel. They are really out to get him. Even an engine/gearbox change only has a 5 place penalty. But then of course they have to ensure that Alonso wins in Spain.

What about the McLaren team though, what a bunch of wankers. A 200 million pound budget and they can't even fill the car with fuel.

I like watching the f1 when it's on .

However it's a commercial spectacle , rather than a sport ,

Mikeyboy

It's interesting that Sky Sports' "experts" ALL feel that this was way too harsh on Hamilton! There's two set of rules - Sporting Regulations and Technical Regulations. If he'd have broken a Sporting Regulation - unfair release, blocking under a blue flag etc, it would have been a 5 place grid penalty! He could have blocked Alonso and Maldonado and still started 9th as Maldonado didn't post a time in Q3. Technical Regulations are way more harsh and as he didn't arrive back at parc fermer under his own steam, this immediately brought his car into the spotlight! So when they figured out it was light on fuel, - boom technical breach! Back a few years ago I think it was a HRT that got penalized for having "too much flex" in his front wing!

IMO I feel they should have fined the team, and scrapped his pole time, he had already set a quick time in Q3 on a previous lap and would still have started from 6th!! Good to see he's remaining chipper about it and saying he'll give it a go! I'm expecting a good battle between Webber and Button too! I'll watch it!

Predict Podium to be Alonso, Vettel, Grosjean.

Maldonado is waaaaaaaaay too unpredictable!

Schoolboy error, they knew the rules, that's why they havn't complained.

Agree though that there are to many stupid rules now.

It's interesting that Sky Sports' "experts" ALL feel that this was way too harsh on Hamilton! There's two set of rules - Sporting Regulations and Technical Regulations. If he'd have broken a Sporting Regulation - unfair release, blocking under a blue flag etc, it would have been a 5 place grid penalty! He could have blocked Alonso and Maldonado and still started 9th as Maldonado didn't post a time in Q3. Technical Regulations are way more harsh and as he didn't arrive back at parc fermer under his own steam, this immediately brought his car into the spotlight! So when they figured out it was light on fuel, - boom technical breach! Back a few years ago I think it was a HRT that got penalized for having "too much flex" in his front wing!

IMO I feel they should have fined the team, and scrapped his pole time, he had already set a quick time in Q3 on a previous lap and would still have started from 6th!! Good to see he's remaining chipper about it and saying he'll give it a go! I'm expecting a good battle between Webber and Button too! I'll watch it!

Predict Podium to be Alonso, Vettel, Grosjean.

Maldonado is waaaaaaaaay too unpredictable!

maldonado wins good drive nice for sir franks 70th

MIKE

Coming fron New Zealand, I'm always rooting for the under-dog (Of course, the Mighty All Blacks will never be the UDs), and so thought it was awesome to see a country have their national anthem played for the first time - History.

Good race, I enjoyed

GeeMan

Great drive Maldonado! I must admit Kimi is driving well for someone who's been out of the sport for a few years

No the best drive by my man webber :( but there is lots of races left in the season and by the way it's going it's anyones guess who will take out the championship this year

What's up with Lotus, they seem to be doing rather well, Kimi should give Schumacher some tips on how to do well after you come out of retirement