IGNORED

Sizzler

The last time I ate in Sizzler was at the Royal Garden in Pattaya & I guess the main attraction was the 'all you can eat' salad bar for a fixed price. I was got FREE refills of the iced lemon tea that I ordered. The place isn't cheap but it's worth a try (avoid ordering a steak, terrible!). They used to have Wednesday night specials. Does anyone know if they have a Sizzler in Central Festival?

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

Edited by potnoodle

Yes, the do have one at Central Festival Mall. I believe that it's on the 5th floor. Usually they have several dishes on "special" that are not that expensive and you still get the salad bar with them. I'm up in Chiang Mai right now and they have at least two of them up here also. One in Airport Plaza Mall and one in Kad Suan Kaew mall. The clientele makeup is about 90% Thai and they seem to love it also.

There will probably be some of the usual Sizzler critics on shortly but it's not a bad place. Especially for those that like salad bars!

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

The burgers are good, but the place is expensive.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I have been to the one in Central Festival as well as one somewhere in Bangkok and I love Sizzler in Thailand. The salad bar is so much fresher than any Sizzler I have ever been to in the U.S. If you like salad bars it is a great one.

The burgers are good, but the place is expensive.

Expensive compared to a noodle cart..... yes!

Most specials start around 219baht with free salad bar so NOT expensive...

I love the teriyaki chopped steak, and the salad bar is always fresh and tasty! 329baht

The only thing i don't like about the place is most of the meat seems to be steamed and then a quick griddle...gives it a rubber texture and taste.

Is it a real Sizzler franchise restaurant or a Thai knock off ?

I have never eaten at a Sizzler in Thailand, but I have in the US and I thought the Steak and Colossal Shrimp combo was really good !

Yes they are real Sizzler franchises. Take a look here. You will find some differences in the menu and the salad bars will have some different veggies and fruits (if it is to be fresh, it probably has to be different). I expect that. After all, I am in an asian country on the other side of the planet. That's one of the things that makes traveling a little more interesting!! IMO, it's still a good place to eat and they do have affordable specials that include the salad bar. They usually have a spicy chicken special with baked potato that I like.

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

Yes the salad bar in Sizzler is pretty good, but for years, never changed. A little variety in the presentation of the food, would not hurt.

1.jpg

The main courses I have had their are really horrible - worse tasting piece of chicken I have had in my life. Avoid.

Just go for the All You Can Eat Salad Bar, which includes soup, pasta and fruit.

I find Sizzler a good place - their ribs are good, and the salad buffet is really nice.

Depending on what you order, it can be good value (i.e. a moderately priced main course giving access to the salads plus a refill drink) or average value (expensive main course with bottled drinks) for such a place.

The "steaks" are not really steaks as I expect a steak to be, but the meat was prepared in a tasty manner and pleasant to eat. Meat portions are small though.

After you live here long enough iceberg lettuce becomes a delicacy. I get my fix at the Sizzler salad bar.

Retired

Yep the salad bar all the way, Creme of Mushroom soup with Croutons, superb

there are hundreds if not thousands of better places in pattaya although the soup and garlic bread is great!!

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

I usually eat there once or twice each visit. Price is reasonable as place is air conditioned (no flys), salad bar, free soda refills and some type of sweet. I typically get a chicken dish rather than steak and have no complaints. A nice change to the usual places and about the same as Pattaya Beer Garden but more to eat with unlimited salad bar.

Common sense is not very common.

They serve French toast with all orders, great stuff, daily special spicy chicken or fish in breadcrumbs with chips or baked potato, plus salad bar 209฿, expensive, is it fuck! 4quid for a meal that gives you basically

Four corses, soup, salad, main course and desert...you would of payed that 20 year ago, stop being so mean...enjoy

I love going to the sizzler. I'm mostly a meat and potatos kind of guy. However, the salad bar is something so hard to get in Thailand I'm happy for the occasional change. Unfortunately Sizzler has gone bankrupt, ther are none left in New york.

Yes the salad bar in Sizzler is pretty good, but for years, never changed. A little variety in the presentation of the food, would not hurt.

I definately need to visit Sizzler next time i am around, some delicious stuff there apparantely :Think1:

• 2 weeks later...

I go there for salad bar. Main dishes are nothing special, but mushroom soup, garlic bread and those free refills of ice tea make it good deal for me. One in Central Festival seems to be quite full (of thais) often, one in Royal Garden is less popular.

Salad bar is excellent. Last time I visited Sizzler two times a week for brunch. Central branch is nice and quiet around noon.

The last time i ate at the one in central festival it took 45 mins to an hour to get my food and they forgot my french toast...i was too hungover to notice...bad times!!

Back home we had some near me I thought the food was just So fucking bad ,like real bad they of all

closed near me .i think that would be the last place to eat In Pattay The . next would be Mc Donald's LOL. no way .I know guys go there to Mc donalds cause it quick and safe??? just not me ..Eveybody has differant tastes now thai pussy

taste like chicken LOL.

This is Jmho....

Warm regards

Cappy

Edited by captjeff