IGNORED

Staying in Pattay 3months need advice

5uperted

Hi All

I've decide to plan are trip to pattaya for three months so I need some advice on the following 3 question

1. Would you stay in one hotel for the whole time or move around every month -

2. Where would be the best places to eat on are budget , I've heard that you can pay someone to do cooking and shopping for you in your room is this ture or false -

3. Is it worth hiring are scooter as transport

Cheers

5uperted

Hi All

I've decide to plan are trip to pattaya for three months so I need some advice on the following 3 question

1. Would you stay in one hotel for the whole time or move around every month -

2. Where would be the best places to eat on are budget , I've heard that you can pay someone to do cooking and shopping for you in your room is this ture or false -

3. Is it worth hiring are scooter as transport

Cheers

5uperted

1. I would book a place for a short time to see if you like it and it's location. Easier to move, then if you paid for 3 months in advance. If you like a place, most of the time you can get a reduced rate for longer stays if paid in advance.

2. Yes, you can pay someone do cook and shop for you and even clean for you.

3. Be careful when driving a scooter, even if you have experience. If you don't have experience riding a motorbike. It may not be the best place to learn. But if you are here for 3 months, a scooter is a great way to get around and explore.

How does the paying for someone to cook and clean for you work ? Is there an agency or do you just find someone on the street

1. Of course, the longer you stay (usually), the less you pay per night. But three months in the same small room can be agonizing. And after you've stayed there some time you'll find out more about hotel standarts and places. So, I'd advice to take short time accommodation first...

2. You can eat on budget on the street everywhere, just don't be afraid of eating local food. For money you can find all services at Pattaya - including cleaning.

3. Public transportation is great. If you're not going longer away fron the city, I'll say just use the songthaews (baht buses) and motorbike taxis.

1. rent 1 week and use this time to find a nice place. then rent per month but plan to stay for the 3 months if you are happy. i wouldn't move a round for the sake of it but would like to keep it open as an option if the chosen place sucks

2. dont bother. you eat out for 50baht on the street if you want to on a budget. 100-120 baht for decent size meal in restaurant. if you have micro you can buy pre made meals in super markets very cheap

3. YESSSSS. this is a no brainer. this gives you great freedom to just cruise around and explore. DO IT. 3000 per month for reasonably new bike is ok fee. (maybe can find cheaper if shop around but not much). do NOT give them you passport. preferably not even a copy of your passport. say that hotel has it and show them your drivers licence instead. I never have and always been able to rent one. if they say no go to the next one.