IGNORED

Thai Phone Question

No joy!

I've been a customer with 3 phones (over $300 per month) for many many years. They admitted my VIP status with them, I threatened to move all my business, talked to three levels of "manager", but still "sorry can not unlock". BS! The best they could offer was an early termination of the contract for $139. Then I could unlock it.

Called a local phone hacking guy, he said no one has been able to unlock the iPhone 4.

I guess that SIM cutter I just ordered will be useless, HA!

That is patently untrue. There is a product called a Gevey Ultra and Gevey Ultra S (iPhone4/iPhone4S) which unlocks the iPhone pretty painlessly. You don't even need to jailbreak the phone. For info, it is a very thin printed circuit board which fits between the regular SIM and the holder and does its work via the GSM service's registration service.

The cost is about USD 25/- and I'm pretty sure that the guys in the phone shops in Pattaya will be able to set you up...

I can guarantee it works on an iPhone 4, because I use one on an AT&T phone here in India and it has never given me any trouble...

9 people can't make a baby in one month

iPhones in the US are locked to a particular service provider. You have to get the phone unlocked to use a different service providers SIM.

That is patently untrue. There is a product called a Gevey Ultra and Gevey Ultra S (iPhone4/iPhone4S) which unlocks the iPhone pretty painlessly. You don't even need to jailbreak the phone. For info, it is a very thin printed circuit board which fits between the regular SIM and the holder and does its work via the GSM service's registration service.

The cost is about USD 25/- and I'm pretty sure that the guys in the phone shops in Pattaya will be able to set you up...

I can guarantee it works on an iPhone 4, because I use one on an AT&T phone here in India and it has never given me any trouble...

My iphone is locked to Orange in the UK. Yesterday I rang customer service and told them I am off travelling far east for 3 months and would they unlock my phone.

Cost £20, gave them my IMEI number and they will e-mail me the unlock code within 2 weeks. Apparently they have to contact Apple who keep the list of unlocked phones.

Will be straight to the True shop at the airport in June.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

• 2 weeks later...

iPhones in the US are locked to a particular service provider. You have to get the phone unlocked to use a different service providers SIM.

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I use an iPhone 4 which I bought in the US and was locked to AT&T. There is a product called a Gevey SIM which allows you to use any SIM in any locked iPhone 4/4S anywhere in the world. I a using my phone in India and have also used it in Singapore, Cambodia and Thailand both on roaming and with a local SIM and never had a problem. Just Google Gevey SIM to get more details or go across to Tuk.com when in Pattaya to get your phone unlocked...

All I'm saying is that your hacker friend is wrong...

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I use an iPhone 4 which I bought in the US and was locked to AT&T. There is a product called a Gevey SIM which allows you to use any SIM in any locked iPhone 4/4S anywhere in the world. I a using my phone in India and have also used it in Singapore, Cambodia and Thailand both on roaming and with a local SIM and never had a problem. Just Google Gevey SIM to get more details or go across to Tuk.com when in Pattaya to get your phone unlocked...

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.

Looks like your "magic" SIM will not work on iPhone 4 with current iOS installed:(

From the Gevey SIM guys.....

Hello

The only way to unlock this is via the IMEI unlock

http://www.unlockani...IMEIunlock.html ($160 and you have to mail the phone to them)

Processing times have increased fortunately and take around 4-5 days on average.

Best regards

Peter

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:57 AM

Subject: Message at UnlockAnIphone.org from Alan

ATT iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1, is it possible to unlock? Thanks, Z

Edited by z_george

My iphone is locked to Orange in the UK. Yesterday I rang customer service and told them I am off travelling far east for 3 months and would they unlock my phone.

Cost £20, gave them my IMEI number and they will e-mail me the unlock code within 2 weeks. Apparently they have to contact Apple who keep the list of unlocked phones.

Will be straight to the True shop at the airport in June.

Got the e-mail last week with details on how to unlock it. Basically it is done through I-tunes. Apple update you account on i-tunes, you plug in your phone, connect to i-tunes and sync your phone.

I tried it, then stuck in another 3G SIM and it connected to that network straight away. Phone unlocked.

The e-mail did come with a warning that if the phone was jail broken it may damage the phone.

Looks like your "magic" SIM will not work on iPhone 4 with current iOS installed:(

From the Gevey SIM guys.....

Hello

The only way to unlock this is via the IMEI unlock

http://www.unlockani...IMEIunlock.html ($160 and you have to mail the phone to them)

Processing times have increased fortunately and take around 4-5 days on average.

Best regards

Peter

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:57 AM

Subject: Message at UnlockAnIphone.org from Alan

ATT iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1, is it possible to unlock? Thanks, Z

If you update the normal way, yes. However, most people who rely upon a carrier unlock using either a software or a hardware solution just need to be careful that they don't upgrade the baseband when you upgrade the IOS. I am currently using IOS 5.1,1 but still with baseband 4.10.1 which is from IOS 4.3.5 and the Gevey works fine.

Just to clarify, the IOS is what gives you all the stuff on your phone, i.e. the apps, iCloud, FaceTime etc. etc.

The baseband is what is used by the phone to communicate with your phone service provider and has all the carier locks and communication protocols. To do this, all you need to do is use a product like Sn0wbreeze to remove the bb before you upgrade and all is good. (Sn0wbreeze is free, just google it...)

Yes, I now it's a bit technical, just that I used to work with telecom software and love to spout a bit... :)

Cheers

A lot of the posts refer to sim card cutters. Is there anywhere in Pattaya where you can buy a micro sim for the IPhone or have them cut it down for you? Most of the places in Asia I have been to, do one or the other, eg Bali, Malaysia, Singapore, HongKong, Macau, Phillipines .

A lot of the posts refer to sim card cutters. Is there anywhere in Pattaya where you can buy a micro sim for the IPhone or have them cut it down for you? Most of the places in Asia I have been to, do one or the other, eg Bali, Malaysia, Singapore, HongKong, Macau, Phillipines .

Got my micro sim from the True shop at BKK.

It came out of a standard package and did not need cutting.

Got my micro sim from the True shop at BKK.

It came out of a standard package and did not need cutting.

Thanks for the reply. Will give them a visit.