Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do you have Contact Lenses or Lasik Eye Surgery ?

jocky king

I wears glasses for reading and driving since 2003, But not good for playing Pool, I dont want a "Dennis Taylor" type glasses.. I was reading on internet that Stephen Maguire (Scottish Snooker Professional) got his eyed laser surgery.. He was very happy with it, he went from ranking 46 to number 2 in the world.... I'm asking if any of you got either of em, does that really worked... And my mate told me that Contacts Lenses should not be in the room that have Air Conditioner because it will make your eyes dry... I have an appointment this friday at Specsavers to get my eyes tested to get myself a contact lenses.... I play alot of pool in Thailand, but there is Air Conditioner on all the time... Hope anyone of you have the experience to assist me to make up my mind before I go ahead to buy contact Lenses... Also I like to hear from anyone who had their eyes lasered....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wear contact lens and have never had a problem with air conditioners being in the room.

What is important is you get the right brand of contact lens. I currently use O2 Optix

I have tried a lot other brands and I find them to be the most comfortable.

I also use the Solo Care Aqua lens cleaner. It has a moisturizing effect.

I have thought about getting the laser surgery, I can afford it, but for some reason I never get around to it. I don't mind wearing contact lens, and glasses some of the time.

I wear contact lens and have never had a problem with air conditioners being in the room.

What is important is you get the right brand of contact lens. I currently use O2 Optix

I have tried a lot other brands and I find them to be the most comfortable.

I also use the Solo Care Aqua lens cleaner. It has a moisturizing effect.

I have thought about getting the laser surgery, I can afford it, but for some reason I never get around to it. I don't mind wearing contact lens, and glasses some of the time.

Thank you very much for quick response and well detailed explanations.... I will note that in my book, O2 Optix, Plus Solo Care Agua Lens cleaner.... Thanks again..

Just seen on the website... You are right, They helped to prevent lenses from drying out ...

I wears glasses for reading and driving since 2003, But not good for playing Pool, I dont want a "Dennis Taylor" type glasses.. I was reading on internet that Stephen Maguire (Scottish Snooker Professional) got his eyed laser surgery.. He was very happy with it, he went from ranking 46 to number 2 in the world.... I'm asking if any of you got either of em, does that really worked... And my mate told me that Contacts Lenses should not be in the room that have Air Conditioner because it will make your eyes dry... I have an appointment this friday at Specsavers to get my eyes tested to get myself a contact lenses.... I play alot of pool in Thailand, but there is Air Conditioner on all the time... Hope anyone of you have the experience to assist me to make up my mind before I go ahead to buy contact Lenses... Also I like to hear from anyone who had their eyes lasered....

I had Lasik back around 1998 or 99 in a third world country (but not Thailand). Bottom line, I would do it again. Negatives: I used to be able to see in complete darkness but I lost some of that. Also, with time my eyes changed so I I would need reading glasses.They actually lasik'd one more than

the other for that reason as they knew I would become more far sighted with age. But I used to be blind without the contact lenses.

Anyway, I wrote an article (back in the day) about the whole process that I will send you in PDF by pm or back mail or whatever it is called here, just ask if you want all the boring details. I would rather not post it online though.

Cheers mate

If this is where we all wanted to end up.... we have done everything perfectly.

"We mock what we don't understand" (Spies Like Us)

“It's always funny until someone gets hurt.

Then it's just hilarious.â€

― Bill Hicks

I had Lasik back around 1998 or 99 in a third world country (but not Thailand). Bottom line, I would do it again. Negatives: I used to be able to see in complete darkness but I lost some of that. Also, with time my eyes changed so I I would need reading glasses.They actually lasik'd one more than

the other for that reason as they knew I would become more far sighted with age. But I used to be blind without the contact lenses.

Anyway, I wrote an article (back in the day) about the whole process that I will send you in PDF by pm or back mail or whatever it is called here, just ask if you want all the boring details. I would rather not post it online though.

Cheers mate

Thanks for your response... I would love to recieve your details on my PM or here. How much did it cost you in 1998/99 ? Many many thanks.. Looking forward to it.

Ok, done! A download link should be in your PM

― Bill Hicks

I use contact lenses every day whilst in Pattaya so I can see every detail.

My eyes do get a bit dry by the end of the day for sure and may switch to my glasses in the evening.

I never see optometrists in my home country now and always wait till my trips to Pattaya to purchase my contacts and glasses.

They, like the dentist are SO much cheaper over there.

I would love to get lasic surgery but am a little scared. Perhaps I should look into it in Thailand also.

Anyone have prices on the cost of getting this done over there?

I know it's very expensive in Australia and I would prefer to save that money for my trips.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I use contact lenses every day whilst in Pattaya so I can see every detail.

My eyes do get a bit dry by the end of the day for sure and may switch to my glasses in the evening.

I never see optometrists in my home country now and always wait till my trips to Pattaya to purchase my contacts and glasses.

They, like the dentist are SO much cheaper over there.

I would love to get lasic surgery but am a little scared. Perhaps I should look into it in Thailand also.

Anyone have prices on the cost of getting this done over there?

I know it's very expensive in Australia and I would prefer to save that money for my trips.

where do you get the best deal for contacts 999...my son wears torics +6..can you buy them over the counter in pattaya..are they good quality please m8

I've been buying one a day contacts in Pattaya for 2 years and never had a problem with the quality.

I go the Beautiful Optical on Soi Bakhao between Soi Dianna and Soi LK Metro.

They are very helpful and friendly staff in there.

Hope this helps.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Be careful if considering laser eye correction,

Aussie guy staying at same condo as me had laser eye treatment.

He has no sight in one eye and very poor sight in the other due to after surgery infection.

If you do have laser treatment get one eye at a time done.

He had the operation in Bangkok.

Went to Optican to day and had a test to confirm if I'm suitable to wear those contact lenses, They say , I'm suitable, that the first hurdle I jumped, They gave me a lenses to try for 15 minute around the town, Came back, I was very happy with it, took off me, and said to give me a training how to put on or off the contact lenses on Wednesday 3pm.. I told her that I need ttem for playing pool in hot climate and A/C (Air Conditioner), Said they are sure I will get through those allright.. I need them for September for two months of pool, they say I should try them now to get used to it and might get a different ones if not satisfied with it.. Seems fair enough for me.. Got 50% off for test, cost me €15... On wednesday, I may have to buy €40 for three months and €19.50 for solution... Will report back another story on Wednesday or Thursday, I dont know how to put on the contact lenses or take them off, that training on Wednesday will solve the solution... Is it easy to do that ? I'm nervous to do that, never ever touch my eyes before.... Thanks to all who gives me advice and experience....

I wear contact lenses since over twenty years and never had any problems. I use one-day lenses and wear them up to 12-18h a day, every day, for anything. If your eyes are suitable for lenses go for it!

Video on youtube about the Lasik eye operation

http://www.google.be...PplZPEWA7iLClDQ

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I decided to take contact lenses instead of Lasik Surgery for time being... Heard few scary stories about Lasik Surgery had put me off until next year or so... Any of you who have contact Lenses, Do you take daily lenses or monthy lenses ?

Thanks Davy555 for link... Interesting..

I was very short sighted and wore contact lenses for over 20 years then decided to get Lasic treatment! It is so great to wake up in the morning and to be able to see clearly straight away and not to have to have the hassle of solutions and lens cases, Its one of the best decisions ii've made

I was very short sighted and wore contact lenses for over 20 years then decided to get Lasic treatment! It is so great to wake up in the morning and to be able to see clearly straight away and not to have to have the hassle of solutions and lens cases, Its one of the best decisions ii've made

You have wore Contact Lenses for 20 years... That is a long time, I think it is better for me to wear contact lenses for a year or two to decide whether to take on Lasik Treatment.... How much does it cost you to take Lasik Treatment if you dont mind me asking...

I decided to take contact lenses instead of Lasik Surgery for time being... Heard few scary stories about Lasik Surgery had put me off until next year or so... Any of you who have contact Lenses, Do you take daily lenses or monthy lenses ?

Thanks Davy555 for link... Interesting..

One more with title "The Video that LASIK Doctors Don't Want You To See ) check on youtube page on the right some about failed lastiks

i use sometimes lenses , my eye doctor prescribed me , but now is in group practise for lastik , refuse even to controle & prescribe new ones , because promoting Lastik (ofcours more profit , high cost )

My answer respectfully was;" cutting on my eyes ONLY in high need as cataract or accident "

I think the safest probably the high priced doctors ......as always :Think1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Thanks Dave 555 I have seen enough... I think I stick to Contact lenses for a good while...

I wear daily lenses, very convinient and hassle free.

Thanks Dave 555 I have seen enough... I think I stick to Contact lenses for a good while...

It's one of those things worth thinking long and hard about because things do go wrong. Even though mine worked out great there was a guy in the waiting room who

claims they set the wrong settings on the maching and he was fairly fucked..

― Bill Hicks

I had LASIK surgery around eight years ago , it cost £3,500 . I was very shortsighted -6 and -5.75 , after the surgery my vision was perfect , the only side effect was a slight halo around bright lights , but that only lasted a couple of weeks . They did warn me as I got older I may need glasses for reading , which had just happened this year , but I'm 44 and would have had to had varifocals or similar anyway.... Anyway if you are thinking about it , I would say it's the best thing I ever did, it's made a huge difference to my life

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I've worn contacts for over 5 years now & they've really changed my life. I have to wear RGP (hard) lenses as the soft daily lenses (still) aren't made to my prescription. You can't buy them over here, or the solution, so I've been using soft lens solution for the last 6 months which is fine. I've been working here for over a year now in an air-con environment & don't get dry eyes so you should be OK playing pool. Even if you do get dry eyes or misted lenses you can buy a little bottle of 'Comfort Drops' to use occasionally; cost around £3 a bottle in the UK.

sgu_banner.gif

Hi - I now wear contacts in Thailand and never had a problem with the heat and/or air con. My glasses steamed up a few times though and not only from the heat ...if you know what I mean.

I now use the daily ones because I don’t want the hassle of solution and cleaning for the monthly ones, less chance of infection since you are using new ones each day. Also I don’t always wear them every day at home. I also believe you can get drops to stop them drying out.

Putting them in and taking them takes a bit of practise especially the first time when the optician and his hot assistant is gawking at you. I got told when putting them in to look up slightly so first contact with your eye is on the white part rather than the coloured centre bit of eye. When taking them out move/slide/drag them to the bottom white bit and pinch them.

I also originally went to specsavers but I didn’t want to set up a direct debit because I wanted the flexibility of buying them only monthly when I needed them rather than 3 month supply from specsaver with a direct debit. Now I buy mine online from- http://www.contactlenses.co.uk I think shipping to outside the UK is £5

If you know your prescription (it’ll tell you at the end of the box) then its easy to do. I have astigmatism (odd shaped eyes!?!) so I use Focus Dailies Toric (for astigmatism). On your prescription if Cylpower and Axis have a number filled in then you have astigmatism (said my optician). Sometime it doesn’t actually say Cylpower and Axis on the box but just has 2 numbers relating to them. So if ordering online then it will look something like this-

Radius or BC/Diameter: 8.6/14.2 (for Focus Daily Toric others have slightly different number)

Power PWR: will be a number from -8.0 upto +4.0 in 0.25 increments

Cylpower: will be either -1.50 or -0.75

Axis: will be either 20 or 70 or 90 or 110 or 160 or180

supply: 1 month upto 12 month (the use by date on my last lot were 2016)

Laser eye surgery in the UK starts from around from £400 per eye but I think it usually goes up a lot more with astigmatism. I know a few of people who’s had it and their only regret was they all wished they’d done it sooner ...kinda like when visiting Pattaya. :GoldenSmile1:

Archived