IGNORED

Le Katai

hotgarlicbread

When last out Patt's I used to stay at a place my mate owned and run, Le Katai on Soi Lengkee, as far as I know Danny is still there. He used to run various golfing trips and competitions against other establishments and was quite a keen golfer himself.

DSC00604.JPG

When l was there Jan-Feb this year Le Katai played every week day......that,s 5 days a week.....it was very popular and you had to be quick to get your name on the playing list....even after a lot of falangs went back home after New Year.

Only play for fun and they don't worry about handicaps.

Everything was organised ok.....except for the First Tee where sometimes confusion was evident, and direction was sometimes not so evident.

Golf days were well priced.

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

• 2 weeks later...

When l was there Jan-Feb this year Le Katai played every week day......that,s 5 days a week.....it was very popular and you had to be quick to get your name on the playing list....even after a lot of falangs went back home after New Year.

Only play for fun and they don't worry about handicaps.

Everything was organised ok.....except for the First Tee where sometimes confusion was evident, and direction was sometimes not so evident.

Golf days were well priced.

Glad to hear it Gav. It did seem quite a busy event the times I stayed there though I only went once as I dont play, it was more of just a knock around with 3 of my other mates and Danny. More of a race to every 3rd hole for beers. But, it was still a good day out and a change from just pissing up at the normal bars.

• 3 years later...

Hi, anyone know if le kathai are still doing golf trips and anyone have an e-mail for Danny pls? Sounds ideal for a casual golfer like me, as other societies I've found are for the more serious player.

I think that bar is now some type of go go bar these days.

I know Danny was trying to get another bar locally to play from.

He tried Valentines Bar in Soi Lengkee but the Travellers Rest

Golf group runs from there.

They are not a bad group actually. Give them a try.

Just walked past and people are still golfing out of there. Next door is now the Devonshire but La Katai must still have rooms for rent.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Hi, anyone know if le kathai are still doing golf trips and anyone have an e-mail for Danny pls? Sounds ideal for a casual golfer like me, as other societies I've found are for the more serious player.

Danny is still running golf out of there and I think you can still get a drink when you get back but my understanding is the go go is not open due to paperwork issues..........

If you want casual golf you may want to try Witherspoons round the corner from Le Ketai on Soi Buakhow. Run by Paul and like Le Katai they do not have any set competition either.

Danny is still running golf out of there and I think you can still get a drink when you get back but my understanding is the go go is not open due to paperwork issues..........

If you want casual golf you may want to try Witherspoons round the corner from Le Ketai on Soi Buakhow. Run by Paul and like Le Katai they do not have any set competition either.

I play Thaigerline high season daily golf, but low season, they don't run the daily trips. I have tried both Le Katai and Witherpoons for the casual golf and they are equally excellent.

• 4 weeks later...

I played with Le Katai when I was in Patts in December. Very well run outing with really great guys. Good days for sure. Danny was remodeling his rooms at the time but they're surely done by now. Recommended.

• 7 months later...

Going to pop in and see Danny on my 1st day in Pattaya get a few games organised with his group. Will also have ages games with the golfclub in LK Metro and see where else. Plan on playing 5 times in my 14 day stay, played with golfclub on my stay last time and they where excellent. Bringing my own clubs this time hopefully that will help my performance haha

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

just a heads up if LE KATAI is not up and running, try the golden ferret golf society, put your name on the time sheet the day before, no need to PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP,and you can store your clubs there as well, peter is a great host.

hope this is a help to you.

Address:

Pattaya New Plaza (opposite Soi 8 ) 2nd Road, Pattaya 
Pattaya,Chon Buri,20150, Thailand
Phone: 038 720 915 - Local Nuber (Thailand)
Mobile:+66 087 815 0433
Email: [email protected]

just a heads up if LE KATAI is not up and running, try the golden ferret golf society, put your name on the time sheet the day before, no need to PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP,and you can store your clubs there as well, peter is a great host.

hope this is a help to you.

Address:

Pattaya New Plaza (opposite Soi 8 ) 2nd Road, Pattaya 

Pattaya,Chon Buri,20150, Thailand

Phone: 038 720 915 - Local Nuber (Thailand)

Mobile:+66 087 815 0433

Email: [email protected]

I golfed with Thaigerline this week, however I walked past LE KATAI every day and it is most definitely open.

Archived