IGNORED

Cheapest, Safest Hotel

paranoidandroid123

Ok im new, will arrive in Pattaya on Sunday 16th September. As of yet my organisation is lacking, still no hotel booked going for the walk in method. What would be the best option, safety and cost (cheap) being the key features. Thanks for any help!!!

Lowest Rates for hotels

Sawasdee.com

Agoda.com

There are two hotels that meet your requirements, safe and cheap, that I've stayed at. Last year I stayed at the p72 for 650 Baht and found to be acceptible, they have smaller rooms for 550 I think. Years ago I stayed at the Welkominn and paid 500 a night but it may have gone up. I can probably track down an email address for either if you are interested.

If I remember correctly one of the mods here, panudate was talking about a place he liked for 400 Baht.

If you want a place with a pool you can't beat this

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/Sabai-Lodge-t1793.html

yes, i got her email about that place and replied asking for details/prices but she never replied

This was posted elsewhere this morning and for 983 baht with breakfast looks great for a superior B Dolphin pool room

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/pattaya/sabai_lodge.html

Edited by BassGod

Welkom Inn is a great place. I have stayed there several times. So are The Haven hotel (thehavenhotel.com Owned by an eccentric and nice Englishman called Eddie), The Penthouse hotel (thepenthousehotel.com - Another English owned place. Dudley is a cool guy) and The Pig & the whistle. You should be able to get a room at these places around 1000B a night. All these are located between the beach road and the second road.

However since you were OK with The Rock House, I would definitely recommend The Jasmine Mansion (Kevin Meacher is a BM here. PM him) Great value for money at 600 inclusive of breakfast. I stayed there in August. You could also try place2bee.com or thedrunkenduck.org, both on Soi LK Metro near The Rock House.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to answer my own question and give a bit of a review on the hotel me and a friend stayed in for 2 weeks whilst in Pattaya. After having no hotel the day before we left; my friends uncle who lives in Pattaya took responsibility and booked us in The Ice Inn on the recommendation of his friend. The hotel is in PattayaSoiLand 12 just off second road, relatively close to Lek hotel. This was ideal for us, but then again most hotels could be deemed as 'ideal' purely because of the excellent Baht Bus System. Wouldnt necessarily say within walking distance of Walking Street even though I did do this a fair few times for some odd reason. Also next to the hotel was a laundry service which was brilliant and very cheap in my opinion. Anyway on first impression I had a few minor issues with the hotel, due to no safe being in the room (there wasa hotel safe for important items) and a issue with the shower. The shower was not separated from the bathroom floor, so any water that remained could easily be slipped on. The overall appearance (colour) of the room also gave a negative impression to me, but then for the very cheap price (440 baht per night) i shouldnt have expected the Ritz. As me and my mate stayed longer, we really began to appreciate the hotel staff. They were easy to get on with and interested in what we planned on doing, if we were enjoying our stay etc. My friend spent 30 minutes one day learning Thai from the book we had bought with the very friendly, lady receptionist. The issue of not having a safe never became a factor, as alot of the time mobiles, IPODS, money was left out never to be touched. The cleaners were always efficient and provided new towels, sheets daily; their service lasted until about 4pm. We initially planned to only stay 6 nights and go to Cambodia, but due to how much we were enjoing Pattaya :GiveBeer1: we extended which was never a problem. Several other events helped to give me a positive view of Ice Inn, such as allowing me to use their phone for free to unblock my bank card and changing my room for me because of myself and the Thai girl I was with being covered with red bumps around the feet, lower legs and arms; despite this being no fault of there own (maybe Mosquito bites or something from caught of the bus to Bangkok). The hotel also provides breakfast which we never had and Internet that we never used as we used the excellent services from Lek hotel before we even knew about the Internet at Ice Inn. Although I have nothing to compare it to in Pattaya as it was my first trip, the hotel would compare favourably to some of the places I have stayed at in other countries. Overall for the price I would definitely stay at Ice Inn again purely due to the people skills of the staff, even though next time in Pattaya I would be looking for a hotel with pool facilities or somewhere to relax in the sun without continually going to a beach.

:o wow :GiveBeer1::rolleyes::wub:

sorry just trying out these roundy guys with faces and signs. im new!!!

Welkom Inn is a great place. I have stayed there several times. So are The Haven Hotel (thehavenhotel.com Owned by an eccentric and nice Englishman called Eddie), The Penthouse Hotel (thepenthousehotel.com - Another English owned place. Dudley is a cool guy) and The Pig & the whistle. You should be able to get a room at these places around 1000B a night. All these are located between the beach road and the second road.

However since you were OK with The Rock House, I would definitely recommend The Jasmine Mansion (Kevin Meacher is a BM here. PM him) Great value for money at 600 inclusive of breakfast. I stayed there in August. You could also try place2bee.com or thedrunkenduck.org, both on Soi LK Metro near The Rock House.

Do any of these places charge joiner fees? I'm assuming no (except the 50 baht for breakfast at Jasmine)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Chaiyapoon Inn on Soi Chaiyapoon (it is just feet away from 3rd road, so it is a small hike from Beach Road) is cheap, quiet and comfy.

Electronic safe in room, pretty-big suite with dvd player and balcony, double Queen beds and all the basic stuff (remote aircon, fridge, cable, etc) but oddly it lacked a telephone (probably just a temporary thing in the suite) and no elevator ("lift", for the blokes) - but there are only 3 floors in the small hotel.

Friendly, effective staff, with a small bar, restaurant and internet cafe in the hotel.

Was about 650 baht per day, but this was "off-season" Autumn.

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

you can book hotels online through asiarooms . com then select Thailand-pattaya you can choose by star rating or price

comprehensive listings with prices,maps and customer reviews and ratings

or you can try last minuite.com for prices of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels if your desperate or forgot to book early