Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ETIHAD via Abu Dhabi SAE

THAJEC

Dear friends. I read some topics about Etihad airways on this forum, but did not find all answers for my questions. It is my first flight by this air company and I would like ask you for something from your experiences.I will flight from Czech (Prague) to Abu Dhabi and go on to BKG by Etihad.

1. I will leave Abu Dhabi airport from terminal number three. Is it big airport Abu Dhabi? I will have only 1 hour

45 minutes for transfer. Is need some transportation there on airport, or I can go on foot?

2. Do you need some visa for transfer? (I will not leave airport) Flight from Abu Dhabi to BKG is my

connection flight. I got information, that as member of European Union I need not some SAE visa.

Itinerary where I will prove my connection flight is enough.

3. I would like receive all your experience about Etihad airways.

Thanks so much for your replies.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Transport... Not to worry at all, Etihads probably the best airlines at the mo... Very good all around. I'm going on this flight in September, I will stick to Etihad in the future...

Edited by jocky king

Hi Thajec,

1, no transport required, easy on foot not that big an airport, at all.

2, no visa required even if you want to leave the airport. You could a get 30 day tourist stamp in your passport.

3, I quite like Etihad, good planes, good staff, airport is not up to much but OK, flights do not seem as busy as Emirates which is good for more space, but they tend to be a little more expensive. IFE again OK for the 6 hour trip,

enjoy, I doubt you will be disappointed with their standard of service.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

All sounds good to me. Got my first trip with them this Dec. Good price and timings to boot.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Bear in mind that Etihad's 777's converted to 10 abreast the same as Emirates equivalent motors..........

Seating is tight to say the least so ensure you have an aisle seat to stretch out slightly more....

Your transit time is no problem......

my first flight with etihad in 2 weeks time, glad to see some good comments. they are truly gonna have to go some to beat jet airways in my opinion

my first flight with etihad in 2 weeks time, glad to see some good comments. they are truly gonna have to go some to beat jet airways in my opinion

i find them the very best , i travelled with them about 10 times (return journeys )

Cant agree - Etihad are no were near as good as qatar or emirates - bad experience on last trip and customer service was Zero

Make sure you get that aisle seat though Reg unless you really like window seats......

The seats are very tight now on the triple 7 from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok sector.....

Edited by Joe_Le_Force

Hello THAJEC

Your questions have been answered quite well.

I have flown through Abu Dhabi airport on several occasions using Etihad, never had any problems, even with the short ground time the only thing that can be a bit of a pain depending on how busy the airport is at the time may be the security check to get into the departure area after disembarking.

Flights tend to be on time in arrival in my experience. You layover time is enough to transfer bags as well as yourself.

I have flown business class with Etihad from Jeddah to Bangkok, this was excellent! (company paid)

I have flown economy class with Etihad from Frankfurt to Bangkok, this was not so good, as mentioned before the seat arrangement in economy is quite tight and I didnt find the seats very comfortable, at least not to me. I would definately recommend an aisle seat!

In flight entertainment is top notch.

Service is good, total time of travel is good (was just checking connections from Germany to Bangkok), prices are good (cheaper than Emirates or Star Alliance members)

My last trip to the LOS was done using Air Berlin, they have recently joined the One World airline partnership and apparently sold/traded Etihad landing rights for Bangkok. Sadly this means cheaper direct flights from Germany are a thing of the past.

Happy Landings!

Make sure you get that aisle seat though Reg unless you really like window seats......

The seats are very tight now on the triple 7 from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok sector.....

can i book a seat online or do i have to wait to check in?

You can't always book the seat online, phone Etihads UK office and they book your seats for you.

SSSS..phone the manchester office they booked my seat in minutes...my june flight cost me £480 u.k to bangkok..emirates wanted £940 for the same flight..wtf !!!!!

Online booking is 24hrs before flight, I think they're good but rate Emirates higher.

If you bought the ticket from their website you should have the option to pre book it. Having said that Westeast travel in Hammersmith who I virtually book all tickets through can do it for you. Southall Travel do as well as well as Netflights online....

Just give them a ring or whoever you booked with. Don't get me wrong is not that small but Etihad branded and bought their customer base in the 2nd half of the noughties and in the last two years have chopped seat pitch, Frequent flyer miles from this June, and prices as well have increased as they moved into profit for first time I think last year....

You can't always book the seat online, phone Etihads UK office and they book your seats for you.

Or you can checkin online 24 hours before the flight and choose your seat then. And use the dedicated internet checkin bag drop off desk to boot.

Thank you guys for your quick answers. My special thanks belong to Kerb Krawler and Hatcher. I was delighted that this topic also help to other members on board.

Edited by THAJEC

• 2 weeks later...

For fans of thai childrens and Etihad airways in one. http://www.facebook.com/etihad.airways

Edited by THAJEC

Do they have a smoking bar in Abu-dhabi airport,same as dubai..£6 a pint mind you...but better than the shoe box you have at most airports for smoking..

The airport, in general, is a non smoking airport. They do have a shoe box for smokers though. The bars,imo, are very poor, Six quid sounds about par for the course, and no you cant smoke in the airport bar.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

My first trip with etihad in 3 weeks, so far they are not matching their good reputation - can't book a seat even when calling the office as "list closed" wtf? No extra backage alowance until you complete first flight wtf?

Compared to the service I rec'd from only other middle east airline I've used (OMAN) ethiad have not impressed to date!

Had my third trip from Manchester to Bangkok with Etihad in the last 12 months and due to the quick miles accumulated on their loyalty program I was a silver card holder in two trips which means I could use the Etihad lounge at Manchester which was great and Thai airways lounge at Bangkok as well as getting issued Premium line security and passport control at Bangkok (means you go through quickly with air crew). I already have enough miles for an upgrade on my next trip in August.

Never had an issue booking seats in advance, just call the Manchester office and say you need an aisle seat because you use the toilet a lot and don't want to disturb other passengers. I've booked seats 6 weeks in advance.

Edited by DavidL

Etihad are fine if everything goes OK, but if you have any issues their customer service does not exist. It can border on impossible to get a reply from them by email! I am currently waiting more than 10 weeks to respond to a "missing miles" claim!

Although if you can get them to add the points to your account and get up their Silver Tier the use of lounges is a good benefit.