Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What are the options to stay at least a year?

Starman

Hello, I'd rather ask here than google it.

There is no sticky on non tourist visa, someone should make one someday.

What is the best option money-wise?

I know about the retirement visa who seems to be the best of all but I'm much too young to qualify.

I've read about business visa, some delivered by lawyers, how much does it cost?

For me the education visa seems to be the best choice, 25 to 30k a year isn't enormous and I want to learn to Thai anyway. Do you guys know good schools in Pattaya? And do some of them have some sort of recognized diploma?

Lady Bar (good movie about the bar scene with english subtitles) :

Part 1 on Dailymotion (streaming)

Part 2 on Dailymotion (streaming)

>> More informations in this thread<<

"They're just whores" No, but you're just an idiot.

Hello, I'd rather ask here than google it.

There is no sticky on non tourist visa, someone should make one someday.

What is the best option money-wise?

I know about the retirement visa who seems to be the best of all but I'm much too young to qualify.

I've read about business visa, some delivered by lawyers, how much does it cost?

For me the education visa seems to be the best choice, 25 to 30k a year isn't enormous and I want to learn to Thai anyway. Do you guys know good schools in Pattaya? And do some of them have some sort of recognized diploma?

I don't have any information about schools but I have a suggestion if that is the way you want to go. When you first come get a 60 day tourist visa and have a look at the various schools after you arrive. I am fairly sure it is a simple process to convert the tourist visa to an education visa once in Thailand. I think the school will organise it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I don't have any information about schools but I have a suggestion if that is the way you want to go. When you first come get a 60 day tourist visa and have a look at the various schools after you arrive. I am fairly sure it is a simple process to convert the tourist visa to an education visa once in Thailand. I think the school will organise it.

Yes you can get an Education Visa for upto 3 years. Take Thai language lessons at a school and they will organise a Visa for you,,easy

Progress school off Pattaya Klang offer you a visa for 7500 immediate payment and then a further 2000 per month - total comes to 24900 (last few months it goes down to 1000).

You still have to report to jomtien every 3 months (1900)

I am starting this school in June myself so fingers crossed I can progress my Thai here.

If there's no need to get out of the country to convert to an education visa I think I'll do that. Also I found out a way to have some recognized certificate (if I ever need one), French people (or anyone who can speak french I guess) can take a test for a diploma at the Alliance Française in Bangkok.

Yes you can get an Education Visa for upto 3 years. Take Thai language lessons at a school and they will organise a Visa for you,,easy

I've already read about the 3 years limit but plenty of schools mention 10 years instead, I don't know which is true.

Edited by Starman

Walen School is suposed to be very good - but maybe a bit more expensive.

The school prepares the papers - and I believe you do a visa run to get the Ed visa.

Condo for Rent starting Feb 2013 @ View Talay 1B 8,000 Bt long term.

https://sites.google.com/site/viewtalay1b/home

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.

I go to Excel Language School on corner Pattaya Thai and Sukhumwit.

I stay here on an Education Visa and attend school 2 times a week for 2 hours each time. Group lessons cost about 22,000 for the year which includes all your visa preparation. Initially, you do have to do a border run, I went to Laos overnight. After the initial border run though, that's it, just report to Jonteim every three months and pay 1900 baht, the school prepares all the paperwork every time.

I've heard different stories on how long you can get out of the visa, 15yrs, 10yrs, 3 yrs. From what I'm led to believe, you can only study the one language for 3 years, but you can then change languages. So thai, Russian, Laos, Issaan are all options. If your from France, you could study English, whether or not you need to, this should satisfy the visa requirements.

I love the challenge of learning a new language, it also gives you some structure to your week so your not just sitting in bars all week. I've been going for about 1 year now, I can read almost anything, understand almost everything the girls say, can speak reasonably well, but don't speak to often because the girls are weary of thai speaking farang quite often.

For farang under 50 yrs old, to me this seems like the best option.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

pattaya paul

WTF since your last STD?

Sorry, but to me who has never had an STD a strange counter.

Bobby

check out thaiwalen on the net lots of good info

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

• 3 weeks later...

There are 3 different visas that would allow you to stay up to a year but understand the RULES change almost on a yearly basis so leave room for variances. The first which relates to a Non immigrant type O visa which comes with two options, single entry and multiple entry which costs more but you can come and go as many times as you want. You must meet all the requirements which includes, a valid passport with at least 18 months before expiry, a criminal record check and a bank statement with a minimum amount of 23,000 dollars which must be maintained if you intend to renew this visa every year. There is also a B class visa which has different but similar requirements which will allow you to stay up to one year before having to renew it. The 3rd way is to actually marry a thai and that would allow you to travel to and from Thailand although there are a different set of regulations and requirements that are associated to it. To know which visa suits you the best depends on what your intentions are and how the regulations apply to you. Best thing to do is go to a Thai Consulate, get the latest, up to date information, or go online, read the particulars of each type of visa and then decide which is best for you.

If you are under 50 and are lucky enough to have a pension you can get a retirement equivelant visa, just show pension details and cash balance.

there is a thread on it somewhere...

its a handy visa if you have a pension...

:GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: