Very low calorie diet

mikkol76

Can you find VLCD-products from pharmacys in Pattaya

I usually in Pattaya drink beer every evening+eat at restaurants

And i gain about 5 kilos fat every holiday

Now i thinking idea of starting everymorning with a very low calorie soup

Wow!

What a strange coincidence!

I'm 26 days out from my next holiday over there and actually just started a VLCD yesterday!

I'd never actually heard of them until a few days ago.

I would not do it for a long time but for 3 weeks....I want to look my best (or at least better) for the girls. Haha

Sorry but I don't know the answer about products in Thailand but remember you are on holidays!

Relax and enjoy....worry about shedding the extra pounds when you get back.

Or do more sexercise when there is probably a better option.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I think you will find it hard to follow a low calorie diet when in Pattaya

The Calories saved by having your low calorie breakfast will be wiped out by a beer so why not just have one less beer each day.

On the other hand just relax and enjoy your trip, as far as I'm aware there are no calories in Thai pussy

Dodgy

You would benefit a lot more if you went for a jog on the beach through the day. The humidity over there is great for training. Then you can eat and drink like you're on holiday and not worry too much about it.

Keep on moving and walk around in the heat you will loose a lot of calories,

drink a lot of water and no alcohol!

Skip the fat farangfood and eat Thaifood too.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Wow!

What a strange coincidence!

I'm 26 days out from my next holiday over there and actually just started a VLCD yesterday!

I'd never actually heard of them until a few days ago.

I would not do it for a long time but for 3 weeks....I want to look my best (or at least better) for the girls. Haha

Sorry but I don't know the answer about products in Thailand but remember you are on holidays!

Relax and enjoy....worry about shedding the extra pounds when you get back.

Or do more sexercise when there is probably a better option.

Today i try them too first time

Yesterday evening i was having big kebab plate and 11 small beer

This morning i was visiting gym and after gym i try these first time

I will travel Thailand 18.5-9.6.2012

I Now try to test VLCD 2 weeks to get 3 kilos off before my holiday

In my opinion it is best to get fit before and after holiday

I just thinked that if i sometime go longer holiday(over 2 months) to Thailand

It would be good to know are this kind of diet products hard to Find in Thailand

Main reason for opening this topic was not to know where you find VLCD-products

I think in forum lot of conversation about weightlifting,bodybuilding,steroids and other sports

I meant it would be good to have topic for conversation about Very low calorie diets in generally

At the core of it is to calories control.

A lb of fat is about 3500 calories. If you take the body weight you want to maintain (in lb) and multiply that by 12, that's roughly your daily calories in-take to maintain neutral weight gain/losses.

Alcohol packs quiet a bit of calories (after all, they are consider fuel source). A 12 oz serving of "light beer" (like San Miguel Light) has anywhere from 110 to 150 calories.

Your VLCD pack is likely to have around 150 to 200 calories per serving.

If you weight around 170 lb, the target daily calories in-take should be around 2040 to maintain neutral weight gain/losses.

A big mac (w/o fries and etc) has 550 calories.

So planning your daily calories in-take out....

breakfast - 200 calories (VLCD)

lunch - 200 calories (VLCD)

dinner - 500 calories (normal meal, big mac, slice of pizza, etc).

That brings you to about 900 calories leaving you about 1140 for beer. That's about 7 San Miguel Light. Less drinks if you drink regular beer (like Leo, Chang, Singha) or whisky.

At the core of it is to calories control.

A lb of fat is about 3500 calories. If you take the body weight you want to maintain (in lb) and multiply that by 12, that's roughly your daily calories in-take to maintain neutral weight gain/losses.

Alcohol packs quiet a bit of calories (after all, they are consider fuel source). A 12 oz serving of "light beer" (like San Miguel Light) has anywhere from 110 to 150 calories.

Your VLCD pack is likely to have around 150 to 200 calories per serving.

If you weight around 170 lb, the target daily calories in-take should be around 2040 to maintain neutral weight gain/losses.

A big mac (w/o fries and etc) has 550 calories.

So planning your daily calories in-take out....

breakfast - 200 calories (VLCD)

lunch - 200 calories (VLCD)

dinner - 500 calories (normal meal, big mac, slice of pizza, etc).

That brings you to about 900 calories leaving you about 1140 for beer. That's about 7 San Miguel Light. Less drinks if you drink regular beer (like Leo, Chang, Singha) or whisky.

I weight 195v lbs

I did use some counter on internet

My daily calories(no exercise) is about 2500

That much if i get daily,i dont lose or gain fat

And if examble walking about 2 hours daily it takes my daily calories usage to 3000

Examble today time here is 6 am(Finland)

I just wake up 1 hour ago and soon i drink big cup of black coffee

and after that i go gym for 40 minutes exercise using rowing-machine(burns about 500 calories)

When i come back from gym i eat one VLCD-pack with little cottage cheese and i get 150 calories

after gym i also take 1 hour sleep,when i wake up i teat another VLCD-pack and get 150 calories

At afternoon i start to drink beer+watch football

I will drink 12 small can beers (12x130) getting 1560 calories

+I will also eat pizza(ordered from local pizza service) getting 1200 calories

Meaning i today get 300+1560+1200=3060 calories

This is first weekend for me i test VLCD+drinking alcohol+eating trash food(pizza or hamburgers)

For not gaining fat

I have had experience with VLCD pack for about 2 years now.

Just couple observation...

The VLCD pack that I use is about 160 calories per pack. Here in US, I have not seen anything lower. The VLCD pack that I take also has vitamin supplement that if taken as recommended would provide 100% of the daily recommended vitamin and minerals.

On the walking and rowling calories calculation I think the numbers you are citing is a bit more optimistic then actual.

On determining these calories burns, the best you can do is estimate unless you are in a facility that dedicates in measuring these. That said, using this article (this is just as good as next, they will all give you about the same number):

http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/802753/burn-calories-top-calorieburning-activities-and-exercises

For a 160 lb person, you would have to be running at 8mph for 30 minutes to burn about 500 calories or jogging at 5mph for an hour. Using that as a "reference", you should be able to gauge your level of activities and calories burn in comparison.

You'll want to keep strict calories in-take and burn diary for about a week and measure that against actual weight gain/ losses to see if your calculation is close enough. Our body weight varies from day to day and even from morning to night. So doing this over the weekend and then measuring it does not give a good indication.

I did a google search and found this list of beers and their calories per 12 oz size (some more then other, from 55 to 280, big range).

http://www.efficientdrinker.com/beer/

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

I've done 2 full days so far and 3Kg (6.8lb).

Of course the results when you first start will always be exaggerated.

I am doing a shake diet and every serving is 618kj or 148Kcal.

I'm not too hungry also BUT I know it's not a long term solution and I envy those when I see them eating normal food already. :)

Another reason to look forward to the trip.

No more food or women drought...25 days to go.

I've done 2 full days so far and 3Kg (6.8lb).

Of course the results when you first start will always be exaggerated.

I am doing a shake diet and every serving is 618kj or 148Kcal.

I'm not too hungry also BUT I know it's not a long term solution and I envy those when I see them eating normal food already. :)

Another reason to look forward to the trip.

No more food or women drought...25 days to go.

The first 1st week, 70% of the weight is result of "water lose". Carb and fibers absorb quiet a bit of water.

If you are keeping your overall calories consumption to below 900 calories per day, you are unlikely to hit a plateau. And the weight you lost on 3rd week is likely to be the weight lost rate you are likely to maintain if you keep everything consistent.

I have had experience with VLCD pack for about 2 years now.

Just couple observation...

The VLCD pack that I use is about 160 calories per pack. Here in US, I have not seen anything lower. The VLCD pack that I take also has vitamin supplement that if taken as recommended would provide 100% of the daily recommended vitamin and minerals.

On the walking and rowling calories calculation I think the numbers you are citing is a bit more optimistic then actual.

On determining these calories burns, the best you can do is estimate unless you are in a facility that dedicates in measuring these. That said, using this article (this is just as good as next, they will all give you about the same number):

http://www.sheknows....s-and-exercises

For a 160 lb person, you would have to be running at 8mph for 30 minutes to burn about 500 calories or jogging at 5mph for an hour. Using that as a "reference", you should be able to gauge your level of activities and calories burn in comparison.

You'll want to keep strict calories in-take and burn diary for about a week and measure that against actual weight gain/ losses to see if your calculation is close enough. Our body weight varies from day to day and even from morning to night. So doing this over the weekend and then measuring it does not give a good indication.

I did a google search and found this list of beers and their calories per 12 oz size (some more then other, from 55 to 280, big range).

http://www.efficientdrinker.com/beer/

http://www.beer100.c...eercalories.htm

I understand that VLCD products can be little different in other coyntries

Here in Finland I use lowest calorie VLCD pact that i found at shop

It has only 122 calories in one dose

And it contains 100 % of daily needed vitamins and minerals(if take daily dosage of 6 pack)

And How much calories in one beer can ?

In world has hunreds kind of different beers,and usually more alcoholl beer has the more calories it contains

And also beer can be in many size of cans

Here in Finland basic lager beer has 4,5 % alcohol

And here the basic size of beer can is 0,33 litre

And this kind lager beer has 130 calories/ 1 can(it reads on the can)

Talking about how much exercise burn calories

Examble

person number one weight 90 kilos,have never exercised and has big beer belly

Person number two weight 90 kilos,is very muscular bodybuilder

I am not sure,but i think if both these persons rowing one hour maybe other will burn more calories than other

Every morning i test my morning weight(when i wake up) and i write it down to exel

I have done this for 2 years(of corse not on holidays) and of corse sometimes i just forget to check weight

And we should dont forget when talking about checking weight and calculating calories

and how much calories does exercise burns

I AM DOING THIS CALCULATIONS FOR MYSELF ONLY,NOT FOR SOMEBODY ELSE

And if i calculate something wrong i am only responsible for that to myself

The first 1st week, 70% of the weight is result of "water lose". Carb and fibers absorb quiet a bit of water.

If you are keeping your overall calories consumption to below 900 calories per day, you are unlikely to hit a plateau. And the weight you lost on 3rd week is likely to be the weight lost rate you are likely to maintain if you keep everything consistent.

Sure big prosent of weight lose for these kind of diet are "water lose" what comes back after starting normal eating

But i think if some body can keep calories under 900 for two weeks,will lost good amount of fat too

It's funny that they say it's water weight you lose when you drink more water than ever on a diet.

Yep I understand that it's water weight mainly but it's great to see results anyway....

I know that if I had that pizza deal of Lge Pizza, Garlic Bread and Coke tonight I will be back at the starting weight again.

Then again pizza sounds REAL good!

I'm heading to New York Pizza on 3rd Road straight after my "Welcome to Pattaya BJ at Bliss" on the 31st for a great Pizza.

It's funny that they say it's water weight you lose when you drink more water than ever on a diet.

Yep I understand that it's water weight mainly but it's great to see results anyway....

:-) Well, you know, the water weight is not due to urine and etc. It's actually mostly from the water trap / bind with the carbs (including fibers) that you ate rather then urine.

Can you find VLCD-products from pharmacys in Pattaya

I usually in Pattaya drink beer every evening+eat at restaurants

And i gain about 5 kilos fat every holiday

Now i thinking idea of starting everymorning with a very low calorie soup

i have the same problem with the weight but its about 10kg for me haha,

• 2 weeks later...

in jan i started low carb diet www.idealprotein.com in canada and lost 5 to 8 pounds each of the first 4 weeks and 1 or 2 pounds every week since.

i feel a lot better and my clothes fit again

basically thru there nutricionist i learned we shouldnt eat;

carrots, peas,corn, or any breads other than pumpernickel and rye to effectivaly loose weight

and drink 6 to 8 glasses of water ( i never drank water before and always felt my ice cubes in my drinks were enough)

plus 4 cups of veggies everyday and eat every 2 hours to avoid being hungry and binging