IGNORED

Las Vegas To Bangkok By Philippine Airlines

Rob55

I have been watching round trip flight prices between Las Vegas and Bangkok for this coming June to August. Most everything is $1800 or higher. Except Philippine Airlines pops up occasionally showing as a direct flight to Manila and then to Bangkok for less than $1600. This has the additional advantage of skipping LA and going straight to Asia.

I have not flown Philippine Airlines for more than a decade and even back then it was never my favorite. Has anyone flown them recently or otherwise have knowledge of their quality and safety?

I have been watching round trip flight prices between Las Vegas and Bangkok for this coming June to August. Most everything is $1800 or higher. Except Philippine Airlines pops up occasionally showing as a direct flight to Manila and then to Bangkok for less than $1600. This has the additional advantage of skipping LA and going straight to Asia.

I have not flown Philippine Airlines for more than a decade and even back then it was never my favorite. Has anyone flown them recently or otherwise have knowledge of their quality and safety?

I have flown them a number of times from SFO to BKK and BKK to MNL. Planes seemed ok, price was good. The 5 hour layover was a killer though in an extremely boring airport. Nothing on the plane that would make me nervous. If the price was right I would fly the again.

PB#1

I have flown with PAL many times in the last 4 years. Not had any promblems. Goig out of LAX in Oct.. Got business class for 3153.us. Same flight now is 4200. Not bad.

Seems like a big number for airfare. I live in BKK and recently booked one for friend traveling here out of LAX. China Air, L.A. to Taipei, abt. 2 hr layover. Taipei to Bangkok. Same route return, same layover time Taipei. $1,063 all in.

It's not about what you got.. It's all about what you can still get!

The price is very dependent upon the time of year you are flying. I have checked numerous sites using kayak and momondo and for the time I am flying it is difficult to find anything under $1800 including taxes. By the way, taxes are significant.

Ouch! The most I've ever paid from the west coast is $1350 and that was with Korean Air which is stellar. Check out China Eastern direct from LAX. I booked them for the 2nd week of August for $1100. Getting to LA from Vegas will cost you only $100-$150 RT so your total fare will still be pretty good.

Hi Robb... Try using Hawaiian Air out of LV with a connection in Manila using Cebu Pacific Air to and from BKK. It works well for me here in Hawaii where choices are LIMITED to say the least. August fares seem to be reasonable RT to MNL now around 1000....Cebu Pacific is CHEAP!!!!!!!

Mate uses PAL to fly BKK to melbourne australia a couple of times a year and has no problems. He always stops off in manila and spends 3 weeks (21 days without visa) travelling around especially AC and Subic.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup...crash is right Philippine airlines flight from Vegas stops at Yvr on the way to Manila....

The other way you can cut cost if you get into manila cheap is to connect to Bkk on Cebu pacific or air Asia....

June and July is $$ because of peak vacation times for most families with children out of school who want to travel back to the far east.