IGNORED

vicodin prescription refills?

kendall

when u was in LOS, i ran out of meds. i went to pattaya/BKK hospital to get a refill and the pharmacists told me they do not have. what do they prescribe there that is comparable?

probably tylenol with codeine 30 mg two every 4 hrs. almost the same as vicodin. not that much difference between codeine family members

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

probably tylenol with codeine 30 mg two every 4 hrs. almost the same as vicodin. not that much difference between codeine family members

Doctor are you a real doctor?

Vicodin is Tylenol (acetaminophen) + hydrocodone (an opiod, codeine derivative). It is sold in the US under the different brand names of Vicodin, Lortab, and Norco - all essentially the same, with different amounts of hydrocodone in each, usually either 5, 7.5, or 10 mg per pill. Tylenol and codeine is sold as "Tylenol #3" here in the states. I think most would say that hydrocodone is a more potent pain reliever than codeine.

If you want to buy generic Vicodin, you would ask for pills containing hydrocodone plus acetaminophen. A Vicodin pill is 500 mg of Tylenol + 5 mg Hydrocodone, I believe. Typically people take 1 or 2 pills every six hours. The toxicity isn't so much from the hydrocodone but from the Tylenol these pills contain, typically 325 mg to 650 mg per pill. It's recommended to not take more than 4 grams of Tylenol per day, probably less if you're a drinker - so this limits most people to about eight pills a day, if you want to be safe.

I am a "real" doctor. :P

Vicodin is Tylenol (acetaminophen) + hydrocodone (an opiod, codeine derivative). It is sold in the US under the different brand names of Vicodin, Lortab, and Norco - all essentially the same, with different amounts of hydrocodone in each, usually either 5, 7.5, or 10 mg per pill. Tylenol and codeine is sold as "Tylenol #3" here in the states. I think most would say that hydrocodone is a more potent pain reliever than codeine.

If you want to buy generic Vicodin, you would ask for pills containing hydrocodone plus acetaminophen. A Vicodin pill is 500 mg of Tylenol + 5 mg Hydrocodone, I believe. Typically people take 1 or 2 pills every six hours. The toxicity isn't so much from the hydrocodone but from the Tylenol these pills contain, typically 325 mg to 650 mg per pill. It's recommended to not take more than 4 grams of Tylenol per day, probably less if you're a drinker - so this limits most people to about eight pills a day, if you want to be safe.

I am a "real" doctor. :P

Yep stay away from acetaminophen if you abuse your liver!

• 3 weeks later...

Try a drug called Tramadol for pain you can by it over the counter it is strong stuff stonger than Vicodin

Edited by fforest

• 1 year later...

I think you will struggle to buy any codeine based tablet in LOS.

Two years ago I had a back operation and prescribed Dihydrocodeine for a few months. During that period, I was in LOS and someone stole half my meds from my room. Probably a 'guest' I think. anyways I needed to get more, so went to the pharmacy and they said 'impossible', I went to the doctor and he said could offer the 'triptolene' type pain relief, but not codeine. He suggested I go to the emergency hospital, which I did, and they said codeine based pain relief on prescription was not available in thailand.

I had a copy of my UK prescription paperwork to show them, so it wasnt that they didnt believe me or anything.

As it worked out, I just had massages in the day and lots of alcohol at night to compensate for the lack of pain meds !! SO the sticky fingered guest probably did me a favour!!

Try a drug called Tramadol for pain you can by it over the counter it is strong stuff stonger than Vicodin

You don't know what you're talking about.

Neither does the BM saying codeine is almost as potent as hydrocodone, it simply isn't.

• 1 month later...

so, can you get any hydrocodone products in LOS without a prescription, or not? Vicodin, Percodan, Percocet, Tylox, Oxycontin... ??

Thailand Banned Codine Meds over the counter a few Yrs back but Doctors can prescribe it, Hospitals can fill it...

Tramadol (anadol) can still be bought from most Pharmacys and its a decent pain killer..Its the best I have found for an over the counter drug...I have a broken shoulder and it works fairly well for pain relief and no side effects....

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

not that much difference between codeine family members

There is. I had to endure lots of painful moments and tried most of the common opioids for relief. Hydrocodon is roughly seven times more effective than Codeine.

Like the others have stated here: Tramal is available in nearly every pharmacy OTC. It's really a good pain killer, but only 1/8 as potent as Hydrocodon. There is quite some amount of fakes in the pharmacies. If you want to be on the safe side buy the one from Gruenenthal. I've never had problems with that brand.

If you need Hydrocodon, make sure to bring enough along or take some form from your doctor with you to the clinic. I'm not sure about Hydrocodon, but IIRC you'll be able to get Morphin and other opioid derivates from the hospitals if you really need them.

I agree, this stuff is great. Worked wonders for post operative tooth pain. While it may not be considered "stronger" than than the likes of Vicodin, for me, it did work better.

I tried it basically to humor my GF. I knew she bought it at the local pharmacy, probably for less than 100b, and I was totally convinced that it wouldn't work but she beat me up until I tried it. And sometimes these girls really do know what they are talking about - I was pain free for 2 days and way more lucid than on the Vicodin.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein