IGNORED

How many of you use the pools?

reng

Hi, I've been looking briefly at accommodation in pattaya, and I've noticed alot of places are about $10-$20 more per night if the premises has a pool / spa etc.

Just wanted to know how many of you use the pools in the hotels? If so what are they generally like? Are they crowded? Can you bring guests into the pool?

I was considering skipping a place with a pool if there are alternatives, like good beaches or a public pool nearby?

Cheers.

Mate , it is hot and sticky. you will sweat non stop and after walking around for a few hours there is nothing like grabbing a cold beer and sitting in the pool for half an hour to cool down. I also think that the girls like to visit your hotel for a swim before more intimate exercise. At least you are both good and clean before you start getting dirty.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I've stayed at places with pools maybe 5 times and swam a grand total of twice!

I'd much prefer to have a shower on Soi Six to cool off though. :)

Next trip Ive also booked a pool place with the hope of relaxing more around it.

Usually I get distracted though.

I've never seen a pool overcrowded so I think you should be fine and be able to relax.

Pattaya can be so many things to so many people....you will design your holiday when you get there that suits you at the time.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

A good beach is more than a short walk away in Pattaya, more like an hours drive if you know where to go.

A lot of the hotels allow non-guests to use their pools for a fee but its not as convenient as walking out from your own hotel room and sitting at the pool bar charging everything to your room.

to be honest i dont really think the price is based on whether the hotel has a pool or not , i think its more reflects on the standard of the hotel and room , depending on your hotel budget you should be able to get a decent hotel with pool, and i have found that even if the hotel does not have a pool they generally have a sister hotel whose pool you will be able to use , i dont really know of any public pools its someting i have never really looked for . and as others have said the pool area is rarely overcrowded at any of the hotels i have stayed at

Edited by shrimp.mcfc

Always try for a place with a pool, each time I've been the only one in it!

Some days you just don't feel like wandering around all hot & sweaty or sitting in the aircon room waiting for it to cool down outside, so a dip in the pool is great.

Thanks for the replies, sounds like a pool is a must have. I think I underestimated how hot and humid the climate can be there. I've never visited a place so close to the equator before, does the weather vary much between seasons? Apparently these upcoming months are considered the quiet period, but wont it summer there? I would have thought summer would be more popular, perhaps not?

i really enjoyed the pool on my last trip. it was a lot hotter than i imagined and i loved sitting around the pool in the afternoon. and the ladies loved it as well.

I always book girl friendly hotels with pool. Girls like to play in water because it's refreshing. :Scared2:

I only stay at hotels with pools, and use them every day, sometimes multiple times a day. You can use the beach if you are happy to swim betweens turds and used condoms, and the only public swimming pool I am aware of is the large facility over near pratumnak.

I'm a bad person to ask, as I tend to avoid water where I can't clearly SEE what the f*ck is in it! Given all that I have read about the poor water quality in Pattaya, there is no way in Hell that I will ever go into it. Maybe a dip if I take an island trip, but I'm not getting into that cesspool that is next to Beach Road.

As for pool usage, I have done it every trip (although my access was limited by the giant bandage on my head on my last trip).

I love to relax and cool off, and some pools -- like the Holiday Inn & Marriott -- actually draw a decent ocean breeze.

Always prefer to stay in a Pattaya hotel with a pool, or when I rent an apartment, one with a pool. Beach? No way I'd ever step into the water at Pattaya, out in the islands OK but not on the coast.

Will be in the pools lots on my first trip, im a fish!

Nothing nicer (well there is but..) than getting back from the beach or wherever with your girlfriend, she slips on the bikini and spend an hour or so in the pool before going back to the room for a late afternoon fuck session. Magic.

Residence Garden where I stay has two very nice pools. I dont use them a lot but jesus it is sooo nice on a super hot day.

There is a public pool on top of Mikes Shopping Mall, but take your own towel, and a camera for the views.

Hi, I've been looking briefly at accommodation in pattaya, and I've noticed alot of places are about $10-$20 more per night if the premises has a pool / spa etc.

Just wanted to know how many of you use the pools in the hotels? If so what are they generally like? Are they crowded? Can you bring guests into the pool?

I was considering skipping a place with a pool if there are alternatives, like good beaches or a public pool nearby?

Cheers.

i stayed at holiday masion for 10 weeks never use the pool ones haha, kept saying i would but never did, it was never busy at the pool Edited by willhaz74

sabai lodge has a decent pool with bar etc, though wongamat beach is better, nice clean water, sea breeze, plenty good food to buy off the beach vendors, plenty of russian girls for eye candy.

the bad machine doesnt know he,s a bad machine, you still dont believe it ? you still dont know youre a bad machine ? to know yourself is to know god my friend. the factory knows, thats why they put you here. you,ll see , you,ll find out .......in time, you,ll know !!

Stayed at Sutus Court for 5 weeks, walked past the pool several times each day - that was the nearest I got.

Always something else more important to do or see.

I always stay at a hotel with a pool and spend a few hours every afternoon recovering from the excesses of the night before , laying in the sun and having a cooling swim , a lot of hotels let non residents use the facilities for around 100 baht per person

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

There is a public pool on top of Mikes Shopping Mall, but take your own towel, and a camera for the views.

But you need to pay an entry.

I just love swimming in the pool especially if i have a hangover..

Live the life you love.... Enjoy for Full...

Never Regret Anything you did.

Just do it...

I love the pool area and always book a hotel with one at least for a few days.( I change hotel several times during my vacation) Its good to chill in the pool after a work out. I also enjoy reading by the pool while sipping a beer and yes, it absolutely reduces the hangover...

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

No - doubt a pool is very high on my list. I like a very large pool with food and drinks being served pool side.

I like pools with trees around for shade - reminds me of Hawaii in the old days when it was cheap.

Check out VT 1 - nice place to be on a budget.

Condo for Rent starting Feb 2013 @ View Talay 1B 8,000 Bt long term.

https://sites.google.com/site/viewtalay1b/home

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.

I once lokked at the pool in the A

Always stay in guesthouses and i never go when its real hot anyway.

Years ago on holiday in Ayia Napa i was in the pool (half pissed) and swalled a mouthfull of water thinking im an expert with a mask and snorkel.

That was about day 5 of my 2 week holiday. My holiday was fucked as i caught some kind of throat infection.