IGNORED

Advice on bike insurance please

earicome

I would like some advice on insurance on the standard 125 or quad bike. Many people I know that live in Patts do not have insurance as it is not so much of a fineable offence from the BiB as farangland, not even sure it is an offence, and if insurance is included when hiring is it actually worth a shit if you have to claim? How do you go about making sure you are insured by taking out insurance in farangland in advance because I would not like to be in the situation where I had an accident and face angry thai's demanding payment for damage that has probably been present for years.

Any advice appreciated

Eari

Simple really make sure you tell your Insurance company back Home you want cover to Ride a Motor Bike up to say Xcc

You have options regarding Cover Accident Hospital Bills etc but you must make sure you do not drink and wear a Helmet otherwise it is INVALID

You can also get Third party cover in case another party claims from you

I use Arriva with my chosen options

In Thailand do not hand over passport if they insist walk or give them a copy

I always get added Insurance with Bike Hire people probably as you said worth Shit but for the sake of a few Hundred Baht I have a bit of paper from them saying I have extra cover

Easy to not bother as some of you mates are doing but what happens if it goes Pete Tong ? Being in the Shit in the LOS is not for the faint of Heart so my advice DO BOTHER

Hope the above helps

Ghosty

Thats useful input and I will look into arriva thanks