IGNORED

Turkish Airlines

mikeyboy

Anybody flown with Turkish Airlines before ?

Reason i ask is they have good prices for early January 2013 , and more important to me good flying times out of Gatwick and Bangkok .

Any info. would be appreciated , thanks

Mikeyboy

Not much to say really, they are good and often have cheap fares. Best food of all airlines I have flown in Eco, if you travel alone they have a nice 2-4-2 seatconfig on the A340 between IST-BKK.

And try to get loungeaccess if you have a long layover, otherwise you will pay 10EUR for a beer/water.

Been with then couple of times once with a baby and they were fine for the money....

Check out length of Transit stops as vary......

Thanks for prompt replys . May well give them a go as only a couple of hours stopover .

Just didn't want to make a big mistake , for the sake of £50 or whatever .

Mikeyboy

Flew with them last time and it was both good price and good service.

But the return flight was cancelled in the last hour, no explanation at all. Took a long time at the desk but all passengers was put on various different flights depending on destination, I was put on Thai air to Frankfurt I think and then Lufthansa to Stockholm so it worked out fine. Actually landed a little bit earlier than I was supposed to.

Seats and movies on the plane was great, enough drinks for me but they did run out of red wine.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

I flew with them once, no complaints and much better than KLM

Flew with them last time and it was both good price and good service.

But the return flight was cancelled in the last hour, no explanation at all. Took a long time at the desk but all passengers was put on various different flights depending on destination, I was put on Thai air to Frankfurt I think and then Lufthansa to Stockholm so it worked out fine. Actually landed a little bit earlier than I was supposed to.

Seats and movies on the plane was great, enough drinks for me but they did run out of red wine.

Totally unacceptable. Did you complain ?

:HaHaHa1:

I have flown with them 2 times and was really pleased. I think they are an up & coming airline and the planes I was on was very new & food/service definitely above average.

i flew once never again,the food was absulutely revolting.

• 1 month later...

There web site always quotes me £900 to £1050.

The £700 fares have 7 or 12 hour transit times in Istanbull.

Never used them to date.

i flew once never again,the food was absulutely revolting.

i totally agree , i have allso flown with them once the food was awfull , the flight from man to istanbull was on a small cramped plane allthough the one from ist to bkk was a better plane ,the inflight entertainment was allso poor which is quite important to me as i very rarely sleep on the flights , the best part was at least their airport was quite decent , i personally would pay a bit more and go with one of the 3 arab carriers which have allways been top class

Hmm , thanks for your comments guys .

Different experiences , which is to be expected.

Turkish air £520 from gatwick 9th jan is a pretty good price . Emirates and Qatar £100 more , plus Etihad havn't moved from £730 for weeks . Have used all 3 of them in the past and all fine .

Might sit tight a while and see if any one drops their fares .

Thanks again

Mikeyboy

Turkish offers standard service for everything.

Food is a bit sub par.

Service was abysmal the last time I flew with them. I had a dry throat that was aching, and requested water when I boarded the plane, I had to wait 40 minutes until I got some - I asked about 6 times for it, my throat was burning, I almost couldn't speak anymore and got the water only after getting up form the seat and fetching it myself from the kitchen where at first they didn't want to give it to me !

pricks !!!

And Istanbul is a shitty place for transit. No comfort, very loud, sometimes strange smells, squat toilets and no wifi.

I flew with them last year.

It was a cheap flight at 750 euro

But the layover on the way home( nearly 6 hour's)

and the plane ( 747-300)

was ancient, and uncomfortable.

I will go back to Etihad this year!

If she aint got a dick,she's just a chick

CountdownClockCodes.com

Turkish airlines & Thai airlines have signed a freesale code-share agreement recently , if your date is fixed and if you book in advance you can get cheap ticket via both of the Airlines. Turkish Airlines fastest growing airlines in the europe and named by skytrax the best airlines of europe in 2011 and best economy class foods in the world.

it is star-alliance member and it has one of the youngest fleet in europe also it is ranked worlds number 7th airlines by number of destination.

Fleet size: 181 (+46 orders)

Destinations: 200+

I fly every year from istanbul to bangkok with Turkish airlines,with price ranges from 500-550 euro. it is good and comfortable direct flight for me.

if you want more cheaper alternative,use Turkmenistan airline, Jordan airline and Egypt airline.

Emirates, Qatar and Etihad are more expensive.

Hi MB,

I would prefer Thai from LHR to BKK non-stop. No complaints, great food, beautiful ladies, lots of drinks - absolutely perfect. As we all know, bliss comes at a price. No honey without money.

Then if u r particular abt LGW, I recommend Emirates. Cheapest and best. LGW to DBX will be spacious flights. Then onwards, flights tend to be crowded.

On January 21st 2012 I flew with Turkish Airlines from Vienna to Bangkok, as in September 2011 they offerd sale for their new Premium economy class (which is meanwhile not available anymore :( ) for less than 900euro.

The flight from Vienna was 2 hours long and I got a meal for that short flight. I think it was an A319.

Boarding in Vienna

10907462po.jpg

The airplane

10907463ag.jpg

The economy seat cabin

10907464sv.jpg

ENOUGH space for my legs to stretch them, and I am 185cm "big"

10907465wb.jpg

The meal on the flight to Istanbul

10907466pg.jpg

Leaving the plane in Istanbul

10907469fd.jpg

10907471rn.jpg

Boarding for Bangkok. The plane was a B777-300ER V2. As far as I now since April2012 there are only 2 machines heading for Bangkok, A330-200 and A340-300, where there is no more the premium econmy :(

10907472ow.jpg

Premium economy seat, 116cm space, great, i had the window seat :P

10907473yd.jpg

10907476xp.jpg

10907477uv.jpg

10907478yw.jpg

The entertainment system was not that good. The one from emirates is one of the best in my opinion

10907482iy.jpg

The seat functionality, well not a bed but comfortable enough to be able to sleep the whole 9h flight

10907483ln.jpg

The menu

10907484gd.jpg

The dinner

10907485bt.jpg

The flight to Bangkok was overbooked, so they offered the flight on the next day in the business class instead and a money of 500euro, but i refused, as I wanted to be on 22nd in Pattaya, celbrating the 50th birthday of my friend.

Southern Laos TR
Next trips: 28.12.2018-04.01.2019 Koh Ngai & 04.01.2019-10.01.2019 Koh Lipe & 10.01.2010-19.01.2019 Pattaya
30.05.2019-11.06.2019 Kyoto/Osaka & 11.06.2019-16.06.2019 Phuket

When I was based in Holland I considered a flight with Turkish Airlines that was cheap but had a long stopover. Apparently the airport is 25 minutes on a bus from central Istanbul and I found the idea of getting a six hour taste of the city quite appealing. Unfortunately a direct flight for the same price came up but often wish I'd had a look at the meeting point of Europe and Asia.

Thanks Findybear for the pictures . Top work .

Mikeyboy

Hi MB,

I would prefer Thai from LHR to BKK non-stop. No complaints, great food, beautiful ladies, lots of drinks - absolutely perfect. As we all know, bliss comes at a price. No honey without money.

Then if u r particular abt LGW, I recommend Emirates. Cheapest and best. LGW to DBX will be spacious flights. Then onwards, flights tend to be crowded.

Hi , thanks for input . have flown Thai 4 or 5 times from Heathrow , but not recently .

I hear they are upgrading their fleet at the moment .

Emirates were good last time out .

Mikeyboy

I flew with them a few months ago. Had no problems, and had all the usual free stuff including movies and drinks, and one meal.

Would fly with them again.

• 1 month later...

When I was based in Holland I considered a flight with Turkish Airlines that was cheap but had a long stopover. Apparently the airport is 25 minutes on a bus from central Istanbul and I found the idea of getting a six hour taste of the city quite appealing. Unfortunately a direct flight for the same price came up but often wish I'd had a look at the meeting point of Europe and Asia.

Turkish airlines has a free istanbul tours for their stopover passenger if the waiting hour is more than 6 hours.

check this links for details : http://www.istanbulinhours.com/

On January 21st 2012 I flew with Turkish Airlines from Vienna to Bangkok, as in September 2011 they offerd sale for their new Premium economy class (which is meanwhile not available anymore :( ) for less than 900euro.

The flight from Vienna was 2 hours long and I got a meal for that short flight. I think it was an A319.

Boarding in Vienna

10907462po.jpg

The airplane

10907463ag.jpg

The economy seat cabin

10907464sv.jpg

ENOUGH space for my legs to stretch them, and I am 185cm "big"

10907465wb.jpg

The meal on the flight to Istanbul

10907466pg.jpg

Leaving the plane in Istanbul

10907469fd.jpg

10907471rn.jpg

Boarding for Bangkok. The plane was a B777-300ER V2. As far as I now since April2012 there are only 2 machines heading for Bangkok, A330-200 and A340-300, where there is no more the premium econmy :(

10907472ow.jpg

Premium economy seat, 116cm space, great, i had the window seat :P

10907473yd.jpg

10907476xp.jpg

10907477uv.jpg

10907478yw.jpg

The entertainment system was not that good. The one from emirates is one of the best in my opinion

10907482iy.jpg

The seat functionality, well not a bed but comfortable enough to be able to sleep the whole 9h flight

10907483ln.jpg

The menu

10907484gd.jpg

The dinner

10907485bt.jpg

The flight to Bangkok was overbooked, so they offered the flight on the next day in the business class instead and a money of 500euro, but i refused, as I wanted to be on 22nd in Pattaya, celbrating the 50th birthday of my friend.

Great info & pics.

Looks good.

• 5 months later...

According to my experience with Turkish Airlines you can have everything.

On the one hand they can be brilliant and on the other hand you can have a bad experience.

The main problem is, that they are growing to fast and they do not have sufficient educated crew on board.

English is not my mother language, hence it should be easy to communicate between Turkish flight attendant and myself.

In fact to some extent they do not speak english at all.

I flew Turkish Airlines BKK to Brussels return (plane change in Istambul) a few times.

Very satisfied.

Seeking the mythical My-Girl-is-Different

Archived