Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dental work

longagoandfaraway

Has anyone had any dental work in Pattaya? I hear it's cheap compared to back home and the dentists are very good.

Aka Laafa

The present is all you own. The past a golden link. Go cruising now my brother, it's later than you think

I like The Dental Hospital, in Bkk. Across from Villa Market, on Sukh Soi 49. dentalhospitalbangkok.com

everyone treating me had post graduate training in US or Australia, great English, and great treatment. I got laminates plus general work.

my dad was a dentist, i am a tough critic of health care. they are great, and the hospital looks like Beverly Hills.

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

Yes, I have had just routine cleanings in BKK for the past 2 years.

Prices were $24.00 and $31.00

They did a thorough job.

Also, a gal I ran into had a crown put on one of her back teeth. It came out to $160.00. That was in Pttaya.

Zip...

Went to Sunbeam dentist in Soi 8, very good, far better than the UK.

You go in for a check up, a computer screen is positioned in front of you, the dentist then takes pictures of all your teeth with some wand. The pictures are displayed on the screen, he then discusses anything that needs doing. I just had a general clean up, took him 40 mins, very good no pain, total cost 600bt. Replacement fillings were 600bt each, getting them done next trip.

Highly recommended.

Has anyone had any dental work in Pattaya? I hear it's cheap compared to back home and the dentists are very good.

Dr. Appynia at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, a true angel and if it is a good day she often sings along to the music whilst fixing your teeth. Reccommended highly, have been her patient for the past 8 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest enigma01012005

I went to Bangkok Dental on radchada (spell check) road like a block away from Emerald hotel. you get a special price at the hotel if you have an appointment. i got laser tooth whitening, 4 fillings and a routine cleaning all for $270.00. i was impressed with the equipment they had and the professionalim of everyone there. a really nice place with friendly staff. also when you wait they have free internet service so you can check emails and stuff like that. i got everything done in the same day.

never had any in pattaya, but last year had sixteen crowns and ten caps done in bangkok. expect the price is near the same. cost me about $6000 USD. checked the same work in the states would be eighty grand.

I had 4 crowns done at Pattaya International Hospital. It hink it's on Soi 4 or in that area.

Great dentist, great price Nice clean facility.

Excellent service and personal attention.

All the best,

jH

Mine is opposite to Carrefour "don´t have the name in my head" Perfect job for a low price Friend of mine got 7 inplants for 250000 bath . We Icelanders go there and always the same "Perfect Job"".

I have had the same dentist on pattaya klang - opposite the Kassikorm bank - for 10 years. I have had bridge work and crowns. A third of the price of work in the UK but with 10 times the quality.

On one occassion i had to go to my old dentist in england for an emergency filling - he told me that he wouldnt reccommend having dental work done in thailand. when i drew his attention to the work i had done he thought it was done in harley street. Most uk dentists are shit - i could do a better job on myself.

I have worked with guys from Bahkrain who come to thailand just for dental work.

There is a good dentist (Apichat or Apichar) down Soi5 (either the soi with Welkom In n or the next one, I can't remember ) just across from Royal Festival Hall. There is an advertisment with a large tooth at the entrance to the soi. I used him to get a wisdom tooth extracted, and he was pretty good and not too expensive. My friends have used him, and recommended him to me. Before that I had another widsom tooth removed in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (loosing my wisdom teeth in such a shirt time must be something to do with living in Pattaya). The hospital was okay, but the lady dentist hardly had the strength to pull the damned thing out. Mu gums didn't stop bleeding for two days and the cost was about 2,000 Baht, four times the price I payed in soi 5 for a less satisfactory job. That's my experience anyway, not saying it's a general rule.

Verbum sat sapienti est.

• 1 month later...
Went to Sunbeam dentist in Soi 8, very good, far better than the UK.

You go in for a check up, a computer screen is positioned in front of you, the dentist then takes pictures of all your teeth with some wand. The pictures are displayed on the screen, he then discusses anything that needs doing. I just had a general clean up, took him 40 mins, very good no pain, total cost 600bt. Replacement fillings were 600bt each, getting them done next trip.

Highly recommended.

Good info will i need to book before i leave uk In Pattaya jan 1 month

No need to book anywhere jersey boy. I went to a little dentist called bk dentist on the 2nd road. I had two front teeth that were rotting, plus very stained teeth. Affected my confidence. Never opened my mouth when i smiled. I went in no booking, no forms to fill out, straight in. No fucking about

Laid down in the chair, the dentist came in. She looked about 7. But a great dentist! I had laser teeth whitening which in uk costs about 600 quid. I had 2 crowns as well. All for 250 quid. Un beliveable. That would of cost a fucking fortune in england.

I didnt have quite enough money so she even said '' bring the money in when your passing by''

Can you imagine an english dentist saying that? Well there are hardly any english dentists are there?All foreign bastards robbing us fucking blind!

Anyway when i came out i couldnt stop smiling, all my mates jelous back in uk. Going back in december. Will have another couple of crowns, and laser treatment.

good luck mate

have very good dentists at pattaya memorial hospital been many times myself no complaints and cheap

No need to book anywhere jersey boy. I went to a little dentist called bk dentist on the 2nd road. I had two front teeth that were rotting, plus very stained teeth. Affected my confidence. Never opened my mouth when i smiled. I went in no booking, no forms to fill out, straight in. No fucking about

Laid down in the chair, the dentist came in. She looked about 7. But a great dentist! I had laser teeth whitening which in uk costs about 600 quid. I had 2 crowns as well. All for 250 quid. Un beliveable. That would of cost a fucking fortune in england.

I didnt have quite enough money so she even said '' bring the money in when your passing by''

Can you imagine an english dentist saying that? Well there are hardly any english dentists are there?All foreign bastards robbing us fucking blind!

Anyway when i came out i couldnt stop smiling, all my mates jelous back in uk. Going back in december. Will have another couple of crowns, and laser treatment.

good luck mate

I,ve had the cleaning and whitening done there as well , But it was the BK dental on Soi Bukhao between soi diana and soi metro .

same good looking lady dentist

I came to Thailand especially to get dental work done, went to Bangkok International Dental center, had implants and crowns done, no pain, clinic was absolutley first class, better than any western hospital, and i've worked in Hospitals so I know!!

Last time i was there,i had a scrape and polish and paid about 600b,this was a dentist on the second road opposite the welcome plaza(sorry cant remember the name)i did shop about and prices varied up to 2000b.Best to shop about for best price for any work

I went to Pattaya smile on the road just after the entrance to Soi Buachaow and got a bridge and some fillings done. Cost me au1500$, believe me that's very cheap and the girl Dr Cherry believe it or not that's her name, Patcheree. Very professional and she's a stunner as well, what more do you want. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Dentist on Soi Buakhow & got 2 Crowns ,2 fillings & cleaning for 10,000b. But 1 crown broke & he replaced it ,GRATIS,under warranty ,for the same price of just the dentist somewhere in Oz i came here ,got teeth fixed & had a holiday for cheaper & found paradise. :D

Mud , Blood or Flood, We fuck tonight.

Thanks guys for all the feedback for I plan on having all my dental work that I have left done in LOS. I had to have two root canals done here, cost me $650, and a crown, $450. Needed to get it done here as it was pretty bad and didn't want to spoil any vacation time. Funny, I told the dental assistant that I was going to have work done in Thailand, and she said, "Ok but what if they mess up, you can't sue them"

Aka Laafa

The present is all you own. The past a golden link. Go cruising now my brother, it's later than you think

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, im planning a visit or three to dentist when i arrive LOS, putting some crowns and a root canal.

And when im done i will have a well earned holiday :Surrender1:

Hi Longagoandfarfaraway, I've used the dentist three times when in Pattaya and have had great results. I use Pattaya Dental Clinic on South Pattaya Rd.

Just turn right on soi bakaou (misspelled) and go till you come to South Pattaya Rd, take a right and it's on your left, you can't miss it's approx 1/4 mile down the rd, they have a big tooth for a sign. If you go on a Saturday the Dr. is female and she is a stunner. I've had no problems with either Dr. and the price is right. All the staff are female except for the Dr who works the week days. Enjoy the money you save.

Jon.

I went to a dentist on second road ,

Got a check up x-rays etc , i needed three root canals and three crowns, It needed to be done over three visits over 9 days and i idnt want to spend all myholiday in the dentists or not drinking alchol, so i got the real problem tooth pulled.

X-rays, Consultation, Tooth Removal cost me 900 baht ($30 australian)