Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hodgson

Gadget

Well it looks like we've got him as our new boss, what do you make of that? Looking on the bright side at least we get to keep Harry.

He might turn out to be a surprise package, I can't see him tolerating superstar ego's for a start, he will pick players on merit more than what club they play for.

I am happy an Englishman has been picked anyway, win or lose, don't think there is much to choose between him and Redknapp, at least RH can write his own team-sheet.

End of next month he might a national hero

A bit of Ron Greenwood about it, old boy to steady the ship.

he did nowt at blackburn and got sacked at liverpool and breaking no pots at west brom,he,s and as much personality as venger.yes i,am impressed.

Congratulations to Hodgson.... I think he is not a man for England boss, His CV is not very good (Liverpool job had not worked)... I thought FA will go for Harry, maybe the FA dont want any more dirt about Harry in the media... Harry CV is ten times better than Hodgson.... Spurs fans can sleep easy tonight knowing Harry will be around again next season, But West Brom fans will be terribly worried...

Edited by jocky king

He was the safe option for the FA everybody wanted Harry but the FA weren't willing to pay spurs the pay off. I'm pleased Stuart Pearce never got it he got no tactical knowledge whatsoever. England will not get past the group stages of the euros England are shite they really are.

The FA took the safe option, and picked a "yes" man. I think harry has too many skeletons in his cupboard, which if he got the job, the press would start digging up after the honeymoon period.

As a Newcastle fan, my views on managers is somewhat sceptical. I am happy to admit, when Pardew came in I was bemused to say the least, now we are probably 4 years premature of his 5 year plan, but the way we are playing again is the best we have played since the mid 90's under Keegan.

Again today, when I streamed skysports news on vipbox.tv after work, those feelings from last year came rushing back, not nearly as bad as when we got JFK,..... but close.

Again - a 4 year contract too! fair enough if he gets a yearly contract - he wont get the respect and time of day from the players - if they don't want to play for him, they will mope about till the next lamb to the slaughter is brought in - but a 4 year contract,... if he is as shite as most people believe, the FA are going to face a massive payout to get rid of him - and face a massive payout again to bring in another manager of the moment to work twice as hard to get the England squad half decent again.

The man for the job was and still is Harry. The FA would have had to pay Spurs £4m who have just paid £4m to send Mrs. Doubtfire back to Italy. thats £8m on top of what they wasted on a failed world cup bid recently whilst trying to flog the arse out of corporate boxes at Wembley during a recession. If the FA had spent £4m getting Harry, and then not ventured past the group stage, with Harry deciding fuck this I'm off back to Sandbanks - imagine the backlash then!

They have been forced to go with the safe Mr. Yes man.

Six 1 - 0 wins will get you into the final and West Ham would love to see the back of Fat Sam!!

I am only 30 so I can only compare him to England Managers who I am familiar with,...

As good as Sir Bobby and Venebles?? Very Unlikely!!

Better than Taylor and McClaren?? Hopefully!!

He will probably fit in around Hoddle and Erikksson (1 promising tournament reaching the semi's or being cheated in the quarters followed by a decent qualification run up to the next tournament,... where we scrape through and go out in 1st knock out game to a team who's keeper's day job is driving a tractor,... then he'll quit.)

I'll watch the games and support the team, wish him Good Luck, but I think he was forced choice rather than chosen from a credible shortlist.

And thank fuck it isn't JFK!

Congratulations to Hodgson.... I think he is not a man for England boss, His CV is not very good (Liverpool job had not worked)... I thought FA will go for Harry, maybe the FA dont want any more dirt about Harry in the media... Harry CV is ten times better than Hodgson.... Spurs fans can sleep easy tonight knowing Harry will be around again next season, But West Brom fans will be terribly worried...

Hate to disagree with you, but Roy's CV is much better.

1947: Born on August 9 in Croydon.

1965-75: Player for clubs including Crystal Palace, Maidstone and South African side Berea Park. Also works as a PE teacher in Dulwich, South London.

1976: Becomes boss at Halmstad in Sweden, where he wins two championships.

1980: Joins Bristol City as assistant manager.

1982: Made boss but is sacked after four months. Returns to Sweden — to Orebro and then Malmo where he wins five titles.

1990: Boss at Swiss club Neuchatel Xamax and masterminds a famous win over Real Madrid.

1992: Made manager of Switzerland and leads them to the 1994 World Cup in the USA.

1995: Becomes boss of Inter Milan in Italy.

1997: Loses the UEFA Cup final on penalties to German side Schalke, then joins Blackburn Rovers.

1998: Takes Rovers into Europe but later is sacked with the club bottom of the Premier League.

1999: Returns to Inter as technical director, then is made boss of Swiss side Grasshopper Club Zurich.

2000: Becomes manager of Danish club FC Copenhagen. Linked with England job but Sven Goran Eriksson is appointed instead.

2001: Takes Copenhagen to the Superliga title — then leaves for Italian side Udinese. Fired after just four months in charge.

2002: Appointed manager of the United Arab Emirates.

2004: Sacked after leading side to fifth place at the Gulf Cup. Later he joins Norwegian side Viking FK.

2005: Boss of Finland national team.

2007: Quits after failing to qualify for Euro 2008 Championships. Takes charge at struggling Fulham.

2008: Saves Fulham from the drop.

2009: Leads the Cottagers to seventh, their highest ever league finish.

2010: Voted Manager of the Year after Fulham reach the Europa League final, which they lose 2-1 to Atletico Madrid. Leaves to become manager of Liverpool after Rafa Benitez is axed.

2011: Sacked after a poor run of form. Takes over at West Brom after Roberto Di Matteo is sacked. Finishes 11th.

2012: Replaces Fabio Capello as the new England manager on a four-year contra.

Certainly lots of experience, now could be his hour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson#Managerial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Redknapp#As_a_manager

im not a fan of roy hodgsons but harry has a poor cv man

Hate to disagree with you, but Roy's CV is much better.

1947: Born on August 9 in Croydon.

1965-75: Player for clubs including Crystal Palace, Maidstone and South African side Berea Park. Also works as a PE teacher in Dulwich, South London.

1976: Becomes boss at Halmstad in Sweden, where he wins two championships.

1980: Joins Bristol City as assistant manager.

1982: Made boss but is sacked after four months. Returns to Sweden — to Orebro and then Malmo where he wins five titles.

1990: Boss at Swiss club Neuchatel Xamax and masterminds a famous win over Real Madrid.

1992: Made manager of Switzerland and leads them to the 1994 World Cup in the USA.

1995: Becomes boss of Inter Milan in Italy.

1997: Loses the UEFA Cup final on penalties to German side Schalke, then joins Blackburn Rovers.

1998: Takes Rovers into Europe but later is sacked with the club bottom of the Premier League.

1999: Returns to Inter as technical director, then is made boss of Swiss side Grasshopper Club Zurich.

2000: Becomes manager of Danish club FC Copenhagen. Linked with England job but Sven Goran Eriksson is appointed instead.

2001: Takes Copenhagen to the Superliga title — then leaves for Italian side Udinese. Fired after just four months in charge.

2002: Appointed manager of the United Arab Emirates.

2004: Sacked after leading side to fifth place at the Gulf Cup. Later he joins Norwegian side Viking FK.

2005: Boss of Finland national team.

2007: Quits after failing to qualify for Euro 2008 Championships. Takes charge at struggling Fulham.

2008: Saves Fulham from the drop.

2009: Leads the Cottagers to seventh, their highest ever league finish.

2010: Voted Manager of the Year after Fulham reach the Europa League final, which they lose 2-1 to Atletico Madrid. Leaves to become manager of Liverpool after Rafa Benitez is axed.

2011: Sacked after a poor run of form. Takes over at West Brom after Roberto Di Matteo is sacked. Finishes 11th.

2012: Replaces Fabio Capello as the new England manager on a four-year contra.

Certainly lots of experience, now could be his hour

Respecting your own opinion... But looking again on his CV(this CV), Being sacked couple times does not look good.

Give the guy a chance, I dont think Harry is any better imho.

The English media will be already "sharpening" their Pencils for failure anyway.

Is this is anything to go by on the front pages of THE SUN today Im feeling sorry for him already

"WOY GETS ENGLAND JOB

BWING ON THE EUWOWS!

(We'll see you in Ukwaine against Fwance)"

Funny? (NOT)

Thankfully I havent cared or give a stuff about the England Football Team after the way David Beckham was treated by the Public, TV and media after his sending off against Argentina all them years ago, its a Man United thing

FA is paying Hodgson £3 million a year contract for four years, that £12 million. That is Crazy, What happens if England is shit in Euro 2012, Only two months into the four year contract... I can Guess, Roy Hodgson dont give a bollox if he lost his job, we all loves to be in his shoes dont we...

Nothing to chose between Roy and Harry, Harry won fa cup and Roy won the Danish title & got Fulham from preliminary to uefa cup final. harry is doing a reasonable job at spurs but hasn't achieved anything yet. Sackings for Roy and severe lack of loyalty & relegation for Harry.

As for the man straight up Roy with a slight speech impediment and international experience or crooked tax evader and backhand expert (allegedly) Harry,I think the choice was a wise one.

3m as opposed to 5m a year certainly helped!

At least he's English , tho i'm still not optimistic about club England and think it will probably end the same as every other appointment...in failure.

I hope i'm wrong!

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

I think he could be a good manager as he has experience of tournament football and managed in various countries.

Some people need to understand that we are an average team and we will not get past the 1/4 finals.

Lets all get behind the team and give him a chance.

If Roy fails then I feel we need to look at his employers and ask if they are doing a good job?

I think England are going to fail no matter who is in charge! Apart from the obvious money, why would any one want hat job. They will under preform once more and the press will vilify the manager same as they always do!

I hope i am proved wrong

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

I think England are going to fail no matter who is in charge! Apart from the obvious money, why would any one want hat job. They will under preform once more and the press will vilify the manager same as they always do!

I hope i am proved wrong

I wouldn't mind having the job, im not saying that id win but if i got the push id have a nice little nest egg. :GrinNod1:

We saw that in France as a second choice, everbody expected Redknapp, Spurs are followed in France as many players played in the French league.

Still remind the fail of Hodgson when he was the Liverpool's coach, the team played not so well, he was sacked very quickly.

Good luck boys for Euro next June, France can do the surprise, with Benzema/Ben Arfa/Ribery and Menez we can score at anytime with this fire attack... and the bench is strong as well, don't forget never underestimate the French at anytime !

Edited by MaGiK

Not long now, first game against France, should be good, can't wait.

Matter of interest MaGik, why do you like to shag TG's with their shoes ?

I think you missed out the on, lol

As a lifelong liverpool fan my opinion will be somewhat biased but it wasn't really the results of Roy's tenure that stuck in the craw of Liverpool fans but rather the process. Hearing him scream at Daniel Agger a cultured Centre half for playing the ball out along the floor rather than hoofing it long or completely belittling Glen Johnson because he dared to run pass a winger for an overlap. He is just purely and simply a crap manager. Keep it narrow hoof it long and look for a spillage. You or I could do the same job as Roy. He is devoid of any tactical ability.

He will want a target man centre forward to give some knock downs and a disciplined back 4 without any real football skill. He is the modern representative along with Pulis and Fat Sam of everything we have grown to hate about old school English football. He is just rubbish and will serve up turgid boring and completely junk football.

Hodgson wont care if England dont get their job right in Euro 2012... £12 million already in the kitty is all he cared about, he is 64 years old, getting free travel pass and pension next year... I dont blame him.. Cant understand why England offers him 4 years contract knowing his contract was up at West Brom, they should have given him a year or two contract... He got a £8 million pay off from Liverpool and nice wages from West Brom... He should start thinking of moving to Pattaya, a beautiful way to finish his career at Pattaya and live like a King....Would love to be in his shoes, would luv to....

I wouldn't mind having the job, im not saying that id win but if i got the push id have a nice little nest egg. :GrinNod1:

It is win win. Imagine a payoff like that if you lost your job. You would be hoping to lose!!

CountdownClockCodes.com

The 23 are announced on Wednesday, please please not Bent, he hardly played a game this season

The 23 are announced on Wednesday, please please not Bent, he hardly played a game this season

AGREE!!! But say he picks an initial 5 forwards from that 23,... who would your 5 be? We are hardly overloaded with talent in that department! infact its only really the Goalkeeper positions that we have competition winning talent!

As a NUFC supporter I might resort to supporting France for this one for Ben Arfa and Cabaye! England just look like they can't be arsed! Like they deserve to be there for being England! it's pathetic! There's no fire in there bellies anymore! last time it was visible was that night in Turin, Paul Ince's head all bandaged up and bleeding, forcing a draw to go on and qualify,... That was a proud moment to be an England fan! When you're underdogs, written off in the press back home, the old guard playing their part,... Who can honestly say they have watched an England game in recent years and thought "fuck me what a game! we did ourselves proud there lads!" Like when when we won 5-1 in Germany! you'd think we won the last ever World Cup final! - The Germans weren't even that arsed! Who's' been more successful or at least more competitive since that game!???? England's team just has the mentality that they are owed something just for being England, living off '66 or relative success at Euro '96,... Load of Shite! And I feel sorry for Hodgson as it will be him who gets the blame, barring someone "doing a Beckham" I'd just send the kids if I'm honest - take a gamble. Possibly Ashley Cole too was much as that grieves me to say! What he did to 'Wor Cheryl!! Arse!! - but someone like him - who's attack minded - chalk on his boots and all that!!

Just my opinion fellas, sorry!!

RC