Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Etihad hand luggage 7 kg's - how strict are they?

JonnyR

I was planning on bringing just hand luggage this time, but with the small laptop included, I'm very close to the 7 kg limit.

Anyone any experience, good/bad or indifferent with Etihad hand luggage limits?

if they are overly strict I'll just bring 2 bags and stick one in cargo, but would like to just bring the one this time.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

did a return flight with etihad last month,weighed my hold luggage but they never bothered with the carry on rucksack,seem to worry more about the size of hand luggage rather than weight,

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

I bring my laptop in hand luggage, its a 9kg all in,

ive seen them checking bags weight for handluggage in dublin

they ask me if i have handluggage at dublin i show then the laptop bag( looks small)

so they dont even bother weighing it

why bother? 23kg free anyway, bags are usually out very quick in BKK anyway

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

they have a flash 96hr sale at the mo

very tempting

BKK €535

phuket €610

http://www.etihadair...ages/sales.aspx

very tempting :hello09:

:GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Officially you are allowed only one bag of up to 7kgs. In my experience airlines will allow a 7kg bag plus a laptop bag.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Pretty sure Etihad allow a laptop in a bag as extra to your 7kg limit. I have flown with them many times and they have never weighed my hand luggage. They usually ask to look at it as you check in and give you a label to attach but have never weighed mine.

I have never had my hand luggage checked by Etihad. Qatar on the other hand have ALWAYS weighed it.

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

why bother? 23kg free anyway, bags are usually out very quick in BKK anyway

Yeah, I think I'll just throw a bag into cargo, and bring the lappie in the hand luggage. I hope my bag comes out of the carousel this time. It flew all the way to Sydney the last time with Qantas.

CountdownClockCodes.com

I hope my bag comes out of the carousel this time.

I think the risk of losing a bag is over-stated. I have flown at least once a month for the last 11 years and have have never lost a bag. No doubt it happen just not as often as some people think.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have never had my hand luggage checked by Etihad. Qatar on the other hand have ALWAYS weighed it.

You are so right about that one. I had to throw some items away to make the limit. They are nice to fly on but absolutely no budging on the limits at all. They are the only ones I have heard that are this way. Most airlines expect the computer bag so it is a freebie.

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/

I think the risk of losing a bag is over-stated. I have flown at least once a month for the last 11 years and have have never lost a bag. No doubt it happen just not as often as some people think.

I have but fortunately it has always been on the return trip back at Heathrow.

On 4 occasions bag never came off the Carousel. One time the bag never made the original BA10 as was on standby and very last guy to get on the flight but forwarded later same day to home.

Other 3 occasions got the bags back after roughly 3 days each. 2 bags were fully intact. 1 bag had about half of contents missing but nothing valuable.

With Etihad you can take one bag as hand luggage with a maximum weight of 7kg PLUS a laptop bag.

Hope this helps.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Nice one Dave. Gonna weigh both bags and see if I can bring both on. May need to transfer some stuff around.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Just past customs and both bags were accepted, 1 laptop bag and 1 normal bag. Thanks again Dave.

CountdownClockCodes.com

No worries Jonny,

See you on sunday for the 666 crawl.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

I've never understood why people have so much hand luggage.

short haul flights I can understand ppl only having small bag.

I fly accross the atlantic twice a month plus my Thailand trips.

I always board first and sit at the front..

It facinates me seeing how much stuff ppl bring on the plane.

Pax with kids ok.. but everyone else..do you really need so much stuff ??

For a few months after 9/11 they banned all hand luggage, we could only take a claer plastic bag.

Everyone just walked on the plane and sat down.

No queueing in the jetty thing or on the plane

proof it pax trying to store there hand luggage that ccreates the queues

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/Etihad/uk/en/planatrip/baggage/Pages/allowances-and-charges-other.aspx

Bags with a total not exceeding 23kg - Items must not exceed the dimensions 45cm x 72cm x 90cm

Even if you choose to exceed your luggage allowance (at additional cost) each item must not exceed 32kg

Etihad Guest Gold Elite members receive 43kg

Etihad Guest Gold members receive 38kg

Etihad Guest Silver members receive 33kg

Etihad Guest members receive 28kg*

The 5kgs excess baggage allowance for Etihad Guest members will be effective 09 October 2011.

• Etihad Guest (base) members are required to present their permanent Etihad Guest card at check in to avail this benefit.

What else can I take on the flight for free?

The following are classified as carry-on items, and can be taken on the flight in addition to your carry-on luggage allocation.

• Handbag, pocket book or purse

• Overcoat, wrap or blanket

• Umbrella or walking stick

• Small camera and / or binoculars

• A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight

• Collapsible wheelchair / crutches

• Braces or prosthetic devices (provided the guest is dependent on them)

Briefcase or portable PC which is not being used as a container for transportation of articles, regarded as baggage — exception: laptop - not to be activated without flight crew knowledge / concurrence

• Mobile phone — exception: not to be utilized during flight.

Was looking at this earlier for my flight and need to get the Guest Card from Ethiad for the extra 5kgs

For general advice just spoken to etihad and the airline membership offer of extra 5kgs of lugage doesn't apply until you complete your first flight and obtain a permanent guest card......utter bolluks compared to EVA, OMAN etc...hope their flight service improves as not impressed to date

• 5 years later...

Well Chaps, travelling with Etihad again in a couple of weeks and they have (apparently) changed their hand luggage policy where the laptop has to be put into the hand luggage and everything weigh 7kg, which I think is not possible.

Would appreciate if anyone has travelled with Etihad recently with hand luggage, especially those from DUB-BKK, to find out what the story is. Does the laptop need to be put into the one bag and how strict are they on the weight.

I spoke to a customer rep who said laptop is seperate from hand luggage so hence the confusion.

Thanks in advance

CountdownClockCodes.com

33 minutes ago, JonnyR said:

Well Chaps, travelling with Etihad again in a couple of weeks and they have (apparently) changed their hand luggage policy where the laptop has to be put into the hand luggage and everything weigh 7kg, which I think is not possible.

Would appreciate if anyone has travelled with Etihad recently with hand luggage, especially those from DUB-BKK, to find out what the story is. Does the laptop need to be put into the one bag and how strict are they on the weight.

I spoke to a customer rep who said laptop is seperate from hand luggage so hence the confusion.

Thanks in advance

I fly in 4 weeks time with Qatar Airways and is also only 7kg, when i get to check-in i just take my laptop out and when finished check-in i put my Laptop back in my hand luggage never had a problem. 

Also, the same with Etihad Airways at Heathrow and Abu Dhabi just take laptop out of hand luggage at check-in and Security and put back after.

etihad have never weighed my hand luggage at LHR Abu Dhabi or BKK and i have done a lot of flights

1 hour ago, striderman said:

etihad have never weighed my hand luggage at LHR Abu Dhabi or BKK and i have done a lot of flights

I've flown with Emirates and Etihad from manchester and only once in 15 years of travellung has my bag been weighed and that was last October with Etihad. I have been asked to check my bags size in one of those measuring boxes a few times though. 

If you are worried give their customer services line a ring, they are based in Manchester as well and I've always found them very helpful.

My first time using Etihad from London to Bangkok last year.

In business class pointed out to the cabin manager that others had exceeded hand luggage?

I asked was this ok, as I would be flying again soon, she replied, we make different RULES for business class and not to worry.

I've never seen them weighing hand luggage but I usually have a small bag with the bare essentials, book,keys,wallet and passport. They do ask to see it so they can tag it. Judging by what other passengers get away with you won't have any bother. But Etihad are changing and are not as generous as they used to be - eg charging for lounge access, removing chauffer access from businesd class. Their budget price model with generous benefits is starting to give way.

13 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

I've never seen them weighing hand luggage but I usually have a small bag with the bare essentials, book,keys,wallet and passport. They do ask to see it so they can tag it. Judging by what other passengers get away with you won't have any bother. But Etihad are changing and are not as generous as they used to be - eg charging for lounge access, removing chauffer access from businesd class. Their budget price model with generous benefits is starting to give way.

i can now get in the proper business lounge in abu dhabi with my FF instead of Al Reem