Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Emirates Airline Question ?

Thaihot

Guys can you help me with the answer to this one ????

I have booked Economy seats from UK to BKK via Dubai with Emirates Airlines & could any one tell me if I ask in Dubai if there is availability in Business class for the one sector from Dubai to Bangkok how much will it cost to upgrade ?????

Some one said to me you ask as you board the plane & they give you some rate but they did not know how much.

I am sure with all the members & brains here on PA's some one can help me out with a answer or an example.

Cheers.

:001_Sawasdee:

post-31229-0-74544800-1335826624_thumb.jpg

post-31229-0-91514800-1335826640_thumb.jpg

I flew first class last trip from Ireland and a guy in front of me asked about an upgrade to business while I was checking something out at the desk and he was quoted €800. He nearly puked I almost felt sorry for him as I boarded my private room on the a380.

No I am not rich I got a special because it was the first week of emirates going from Dublin. Downside is I am ruined for life cuz its not fun going back to pleb class :(

I flew first class last trip from Ireland and a guy in front of me asked about an upgrade to business while I was checking something out at the desk and he was quoted €800. He nearly puked I almost felt sorry for him as I boarded my private room on the a380.

No I am not rich I got a special because it was the first week of emirates going from Dublin. Downside is I am ruined for life cuz its not fun going back to pleb class :(

Thanks mate so was that 800 Euro to be up graded for the Dubai to Bangkok leg of the trip ??????

:Wassup1:

:001_Thank_You5:

Yup that was just for a 7hr flight from Dubai

£640 approx then to up grade from Economy to Business for the second leg of the journey Dubai to Bangkok.

Now that expensive but mate thanks for your info & your help.

Bangkok to Dubai return in Business class runs on the Emirates web site at about 50,000 baht.

Thats about £1,050 of my money.

:08:

:001_Sawasdee:

I would hazard a guess at around £600 ish as well..............

Only issue is that you will be paying full listed IATA fare for the sector upgrade and those are not the same prices as via online booking engines/agents etc so could be a lot more......

You can only ask.....

Is it worth it for 5 hours 45 minutes ??

Edited by Joe_Le_Force

Just a suggestion, book your upgrade in Dubai at the airport, this could possibly mean no tax is added to the costs.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

Call Emirates directly and they will assist. I have not had any issues and I used them all of the time. If you wait you will be disappointed because nno seats will be available.

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/

Call Emirates directly and they will assist. I have not had any issues and I used them all of the time. If you wait you will be disappointed because nno seats will be available.

Thanks for that mate I will do that & see how much it will cost me.

:Wassup1:

:08:

I always fly emirates from Newcastle and I always get an email off them a couple of days before I fly £290 to upgrade to business class but it's only from Newcastle to Dubai

I always fly emirates from Newcastle and I always get an email off them a couple of days before I fly £290 to upgrade to business class but it's only from Newcastle to Dubai

I am flying from Newcastle tomorrow and have just had that email you mentioned.

I HAVE SPENT MOST OF MY MONEY ON PATTAYA WOMEN, BEER AND FLYING BACK AND FORWARDS TO LOS

THE REST I'VE SQUANDERED!!!

I got an email last week while in Pattaya offering me an upgrade for the return trip to UK via Dubai for £311

If you want to go business class without paying a shitload of wonga (it's still about £800 i think) do a few trips and build up your air miles, join their frequent flyer programme. It's roughly 13000 there and back, and 25,000+ to upgrade one leg of your flight. I did dubai to newcastle a couple of years ago, well worth it if you can build up your miles.

Thanks guys for all your help & info.

I will come back to you tomorrow 2nd May 2012 & let you know what emirates have said to me on this request/subject.

Cost me 42,500 Skywards miles last month to upgrade my Dubai - Bangkok leg on the A380 Airbus from economy to business. Well worth it as the A380 is an awesome bus, and the business modules are fantastic. I probably wouldn't bother on the 777-300ER, business is nice but nothing special.

GeeMan

Thanks guys for all your help & info.

I will come back to you tomorrow 2nd May 2012 & let you know what emirates have said to me on this request/subject.

Yes I for one would like to know-please post it up when you can.....

Another advantage to joining Emirates frequent flyer programme is you often get upgraded. I would say I get upgraded at least one sector in 8. (ie once every two round trips (BKK to LHR). They usually seem to happen on the A380 or when one of their flights transits through BKK (from Hong Kong or Christchurch to DXB). You also get access to the business class lounge at point of departure and also in DXB if you are gold level and fast track immigration on arrival.

Edited by Wicked Roger

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

As posted by others I would recommend joining the 'Skywards' frequent flyer scheme. It's free and as you build up your miles you get extra benefits (ie free entry to Emirates lounges). I have also had free upgrades to business class on occaision.

babydollsaddict.gif

Spoke to Emirates & they said I could not pay to up grade from Dubai to Bangkok as my ticket starts in the UK so I had to pay to up grade the hole section UK - Dubai - Bangkok or Bangkok - Dubai - UK.

The lady kept me waiting for 20 minutes & then said with your economy ticket you will have to pay £1,041.00 extra to up grade from economy to Business.

I have paid £750 for my economy ticket, so 2 flights on the A380 Dubai- Bangkok & return but another grand is way to much for me & my Budget right now.

Cheers guys.

Spoke to Emirates & they said I could not pay to up grade from Dubai to Bangkok as my ticket starts in the UK so I had to pay to up grade the hole section UK - Dubai - Bangkok or Bangkok - Dubai - UK.

The lady kept me waiting for 20 minutes & then said with your economy ticket you will have to pay £1,041.00 extra to up grade from economy to Business.

I have paid £750 for my economy ticket, so 2 flights on the A380 Dubai- Bangkok & return but another grand is way to much for me & my Budget right now.

Cheers guys.

How big are the seats in economy on Emirates on the 380....??

From experience a lot of seat plans on seatguru are quite simply wrong. Is the space in economy that cramped that you would consider shelling out money on what was originally a single sector ??

How big are the seats in economy on Emirates on the 380....??

From experience a lot of seat plans on seatguru are quite simply wrong. Is the space in economy that cramped that you would consider shelling out money on what was originally a single sector ??

Yes good points I know mate but as a Airline & Flight fan I am considering up grading to business class on the A380 for the experience & the photo opportunity.

Shit load of money but just may be I will see how the money goes & how I feel after I have done the one way trip in Economy UK to Bangkok via Dubai.

:Think1:

Yes good points I know mate but as a Airline & Flight fan I am considering up grading to business class on the A380 for the experience & the photo opportunity.

Shit load of money but just may be I will see how the money goes & how I feel after I have done the one way trip in Economy UK to Bangkok via Dubai.

:Think1:

Fair play to you........

To me paying £1750 ish in biz compared to £550 ish in economy is a lot of entertainment "lost" for a better bigger seat and grub.......

£1200 would keep me going for a month at £40 a day my normal spends......

I got upgraded on my last Emirates flight when I turned up at the last minute at check-in to drop my bag off. I was in time, but the plane was full in economy.... The chance you take is a middle seat at the back, though.